One more > for Family Values???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:

Nope, have I ever gave Bill Clinton a break?
And being married to that woman, most males in America empathise with his predicament, but do not excuse his deviancy.

That's why he was impeached and dis barred as a lawyer.
Remember?

dbs

so Democrats are almost as bad as homos?

As a "wide-stancer" this whole line of discussion offends me. Now every time I drop a Dubya in a public john I have to worry about some cop first coming on to me, then busting me? Oh the pressure...

And I just want to add it's common knowledge among guys that Gay males whether closeted or open frequently cruise rest rooms, rest stops, bath houses etc etc.

I chuckle when gay men feign amazement that this behavior actually occurs.

oh my.

dbs

diamond said:
And I just want to add it's common knowledge among guys that Gay males whether closeted or open frequently cruise rest rooms, rest stops, bath houses etc etc.

oh my.

dbs

just goes to show how OLD you are.

and as the earlier article by Hitchens shows, it's CLOSETED men who often have WIVES who are the ones doing all this cruising.

most out gay men don't need to do this stuff.

and diamond, if the ladies were lurking in bathrooms looking to give head to hot guys, do you mean to tell me there wouldn't be hoards of straight guys frequenting truck stops?

the difference is gay men don't have to pay other men for sex.

and that's why there are prostitutes for the straight boys.

diamond said:

oh my.

dbs

:|

diamond said:

cough
George Michael anyone?
cough

Oh yes he was set up too.

dbs

how old is George Michael?

when we catch Lance Bass with his pants down, then we'll talk.

cruising like this is a relic of the past. and how many teenage straight kids go off and, to quote the really striaght Oasis boys, are "Fuckin' in the Bushes," and get the whole, "oh, you kids," from the cops?

no question that laws are being broken, but the laws apply more harshly to some than others.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Yep, it's time to start resorting to the condescending insults. It took much longer than I expected.

And you can refrain from calling me dishonest too.

Lather, rinse, repeat, isn't it?

Senator Wide Stance is as guilty as a straight peeping tom who would be in a girl's bathroom in the next stall making unwanted advances, or outside of a kitchen window salivating at a woman.

It's not rocket science ppl.
Keep your feelings from clouding your judgement.

I'm done here.

dbs

Irvine511 said:

and as the earlier article by Hitchens shows, it's CLOSETED men who often have WIVES who are the ones doing all this cruising.

most out gay men don't need to do this stuff.

I have known many openly gay men who cruise public restrooms. Some of them have longterm loving partners at home. I don't know what else to say. It happens. All the time. Maybe not so much in your generation but it's quite common in openly gay men over 40 but I know younger ones who do it, too. Openly gay men as well as closeted gay men cruise bathrooms. It's a fact of life. :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:

I have known many openly gay men who cruise public restrooms. Some of them have longterm loving partners at home. I don't know what else to say. It happens. All the time. Maybe not so much in your generation but it's quite common in openly gay men over 40 but I know younger ones who do it, too. Openly gay men as well as closeted gay men cruise bathrooms. It's a fact of life. :shrug:

kaching.

Diamond, do you not understand why he is a closeted gay? I still want to hear your thoughts on this, based on your "for whatever reason" comment earlier.

it's not been part of my experience. :shrug:

if i were single and wanted a blow job, i'd just hop online. but that's me. i associate bathrooms with shit and piss.

it is something that can and is associated with what might be called "gay culture" -- and not all aspects of all cultures, be they gay or black or jewish or evangelical protestant or Mormon, are positive. but the reasons for it lie in homophobia and shame, and i'd argue that this sort of thing is far less prevelant today than it was 30 years ago.

but diamond's triumphalism is telling. and i'd recommend you, sir, take a gander at Under the Banner of Heaven before you start pointing fingers and shouting "deviant" -- by your definitions, Joseph Smith was quite the "deviant."

and i'll just repost the Hitchens article:

[q]So Many Men's Rooms, So Little Time

By Christopher Hitchens
Updated Monday, Sept. 3, 2007, at 12:24 PM ET
I knew it was all over for Sen. Larry Craig when he appeared with his long-suffering wife to say that he wasn't gay. Such moments are now steppingstones on the way to apology, counseling, and rehab, and a case could be made for cutting out the spousal stage of the ritual altogether. Along with a string of votes to establish "don't ask, don't tell" and to prohibit homosexual marriage, Craig leaves as his political legacy the telling phrase "wide stance", which may or may not join "big tent" and "broad church" as an attempt to make the Republican Party seem more "inclusive" than it really is.

But there's actually a chance—a 38 percent chance, to be more precise—that the senator can cop a plea on the charge of hypocrisy. In his study of men who frequent public restrooms in search of sex, Laud Humphreys discovered that 54 percent were married and living with their wives, 38 percent did not consider themselves homosexual or bisexual, and only 14 per cent identified themselves as openly gay. Tearoom Trade: Impersonal Sex in Personal Places, a doctoral thesis which was published in 1970, detailed exactly the pattern—of foot-tapping in code, hand-gestures, and other tactics—which has lately been garishly publicized at the Minneapolis-St Paul airport men's room. The word "tearoom" seems to have become archaic, but in all other respects the fidelity to tradition is impressive.[/q]

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
Don't hold your breath...

I don't intend to let him ignore this. The worst debaters on earth are the ones who avoid the real questions.

joyfulgirl said:

It kills me to agree with you on this.

i thought you secretly dug me, perhaps a db3 mis read.

regardless i always liked the fact that you're honest and forth coming person no matter what side of an issue you found yourself on.

dbs

Irvine511 said:
In his study of men who frequent public restrooms in search of sex, Laud Humphreys discovered that 54 percent were married and living with their wives, 38 percent did not consider themselves homosexual or bisexual, and only 14 per cent identified themselves as openly gay.

That study was published in 1975. There weren't as many openly gay men then. I don't know if there is a more recent study or not. I don't doubt for one minute that this is largely a generational thing but it's also a certain type of gay man who does this, not just of a certain age. I've never picked up a man in a bar in my whole life, not even in my wild drunken college days. Many women have. I have not, it has absolutely no appeal for me.

I also just know a lot of slutty guys, lol.

joyfulgirl said:

That study was published in 1975. There weren't as many openly gay men then. I don't know if there is a more recent study or not. I don't doubt for one minute that this is largely a generational thing but it's also a certain type of gay man who does this, not just of a certain age. I've never picked up a man in a bar in my whole life, not even in my wild drunken college days. Many women have. I have not, it has absolutely no appeal for me.

:lol:

1975, and Hitchens to boot.

dbs

Well thank God we're cracking down on these dirty homos cruising our public bathrooms. They should just find prostitutes, cause if you're a man and you just go find a prostitute (oh, did I mention they must be female?), then you're totally cool as long as you make a show of putting it right with God and the wife.

I mean, what's next? Are these gays going to start carrying binders around with pictures of all their past conquests (free or paid for) to start showing to people?

joyfulgirl said:

i mostly agree with you -- but i also think that there are some of us in here who aren't mature enough to have a rational discussion on male sexuality especially when we toss around words like "DEVIANT!"

and i'll fully admit that there are things that go on in my "community" that i'm not terribly proud of. and i fully admit to an instinct to try to explain it away -- much like any other member of a community.

but it takes mature people to get to a point where we can discuss these things and not use words like "KACHING!" because we're competing.

and, sadly, not everyone in this discussion is mature enough to do so.

Diemen said:
They should just find prostitutes, cause if you're a man and you just go find a prostitute (oh, did I mention they must be female?), then you're totally cool as long as you make a show of putting it right with God and the wife.

I dunno, seems like that didn't save Clinton....or the shrew.

Back
Top Bottom