One German's Opinion on the Ill Fated and Catastropihic Effects of Appeasement - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2005, 08:27 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:46 PM

Back to the topic of the thread, illustrated below are the fruits of appeasement:

Old 12-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:46 AM

Old 12-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:46 AM
DrT
Old 12-06-2005, 08:48 AM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Back to the topic of the thread, illustrated below are the fruits of appeasement:

Ok Diamond I'll humour you.

Yes there ARE nutjobs out there who hate US values, but they could not do anything on their own, they are able to get recruits to fly planes into buildings because of US policy, having troops all over the middle east etc.

The causes of this go right back to Reagan/Thatcher who armed these guys in the first place and called them freedom fighters (Taliban etc).

The reason Europe is so skeptical of war is because we used to be the imperialists ourselves plus the fact that Europe has more recently had war on its own soil than the US which has not had a war on its own soil since the civil war.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Quote:
[B]Back to the topic of the thread, illustrated below are the fruits of appeasement:
diamond sweetie, what kind of shit are you posting here? I thought I had educated you by now. People come complaining about you, I explain them that you are a nice big guy who jumped onstage, but they don´t seem to listen.

My son, I have worked hard on your funky image. Don´t ruin it all in a second.

Sincerely
PM
Old 12-06-2005, 11:07 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

diamond sweetie, what kind of shit are you posting here? I thought I had educated you by now. People come complaining about you, I explain them that you are a nice big guy who jumped onstage, but they don´t seem to listen.

My son, I have worked hard on your funky image. Don´t ruin it all in a second.

Sincerely
PM
:funkynessXdiamondness=sexyness
Now here is more wisdom below, follow the pictures and do the math:

plus

equals:

Old 12-07-2005, 12:24 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Yes there ARE nutjobs out there who hate US values, but they could not do anything on their own, they are able to get recruits to fly planes into buildings because of US policy, having troops all over the middle east etc.

The causes of this go right back to Reagan/Thatcher who armed these guys in the first place and called them freedom fighters (Taliban etc).

The reason Europe is so skeptical of war is because we used to be the imperialists ourselves plus the fact that Europe has more recently had war on its own soil than the US which has not had a war on its own soil since the civil war.
The United States was the target of terrorist prior to any longterm stationing of US troops in the Middle East that happened after Saddam's unprovoked and brutal invasion of Kuwait in 1991. In addition, it would not be accurate to say that US troops were "all over the middle east" after the 1991 Gulf War.

The Taliban were created in Pakistan in the mid-1990s, long after both Reagan and Thatcher had left office. The Mujahadeen that the United States and several other countries supported during the 1980s turned into the Northern Alliance in the 1990s and were the strongest enemy and only surviving enemy force after the Taliban came to power in Afghanistan in the late 1990s. Bin Ladin and other Arab fighters were more oportunist looking anywhere in the world to rally a group for Jihad. They were not at the center of the insurgency in Afghanistan in the 1980s.

Its not accurate to compare European 19th century colonialism and imperialism to US foreign policy today. US foreign policy serves many interest in many ways, including the interest of the global economy and countries from China to Germany.

There is nothing that would be more likely to unite the American population in support of military action somewhere around the world than a foreign attack on US soil killing thousands, hundreds of thousands or even more US citizens. As evidenced by Spains retreat in the face of terrorism by Al Qauda, many in Europe indeed support of a policy of appeasement. Of course, there is a long history of this in Europe going back to the 1930s and is the chief reason World War II, the most deadly war in history, happened in least in regards to Europe.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:09 AM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Quote:

:funkynessXdiamondness=sexyness
Now here is more wisdom below, follow the pictures and do the math:

teeth plus a doctor makes a donkey??

I told you not to exaggerate with the little blue pills.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:25 AM   #84
Forum Moderator

It says "DR TEETH IS AN ASS".

Why not just go for broke and start posting people's personal photos from Lemonade Stand, alongside pics of pigs wallowing in excrement, castrated livestock, chickens with their heads cut off, etc. Julius Streicher would be proud.

Oy, but I'm a humorless bastard.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:46 AM
Old 12-07-2005, 08:46 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Financefellow-

Accoding to your logic, this was Americas' fault too ?-

As religious fundamentalists are a danger, so are political fundalmentalists even more so:

Or were these Reagan and Thatcher's faults too?

ExtremeLiberalism is a disease of the mind, it clouds common sense.

And Yolland disparage yourself no further, nobody here don't finds you a bastard nor humorless.

thank you

db9
Old 12-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

what about religious and politic fundalmentalists ?

btw,...i have a nice little question. Who used the words, if you not with us, you are against us ?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:37 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
It says "DR TEETH IS AN ASS".

Just more ridiculous, unfunny, idiotic nonsense from diamond. He constantly spams here like this and unfortunately even if you put him on the ignore list, when ya'all start quoting the BS, we end up reading it in spite of ourselves.

It's juvenile trash.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

I have no idea what this thread is about, donkeys are cute though
Old 12-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life

I find this thread refreshing. More refreshing than the consistant "theocracy watch" crap.