On the Subject of Irony and Intention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesblunt

Babyface
1. In any determined inquiry into the nature Of and Universality of Truth, in the course of dialogue with other sovereign Individuals, one faces the welcome dilemma of the nature and the either possible or impossible existence of the Only possible God.

2. Now if there is a God with a personality, necessarily being the personality destined to construct the Universe to His liking, He would have a relationship to everything and every substance sensible or unsensible in the Universe. So everything we say, do, or think, has some relationship to that, and through that Universal Relationship, some relationship to every other created thing. If this being knowledge were something to fear, being truth, would not everything else in the Universe with a necessary relationship to this Creator be fearful, be worthy of the same degree of Ultimate Terror? Would this not be the case? Being sane and logical, were this true, I would have to fear every one else's relationship to this creator, and thus fear not just every one of substance, but every infinite variety of relationship and Possibility of relationship amongst these possible substances.

3. Consider if God began His only term in the "Office" of Creator of the Universe the image of which may be also found in the way in which Franklin Roosevelt began his first term in the Presidency of the United States of America. Present Evidence A: "I am certain that my fellow Americans expect that on my induction into the Presidency I will address them with a candor and a decision which the present situation of our Nation impels. This is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly. Nor need we shrink from honestly facing conditions in our country today. This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself-nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory. I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days."

4. Now, if God exists - which if he does, he does so even before we prove the correct Hypothesis - and has a personality, is His intention like that of an Adolph Hitler or of a Franklin Delano Roosevelt? Of a New Dark Age, or of an economic Renaissance? Now were this quote true, and were God not existent or otherwise not created his work of Beauty with a prejudice towards the doing of Good, why did he allow Roosevelt and his Friends to defeat a worldwide fascist movement, and not create more powerful and numerous "friends" to Hitler and his generation of speeches and actions instead. If none, or an arbitrary neutral deity; upon what Authority did either have a right to continue or cease the War, or Elevate it upon a higher plane, or hill, and how would it be determined closer to this limp deity or not? How would such an inquiry be possible, or be determined by ourselves even useless to inquire further, as the Tree lovers so claim?

5. Now, I supposedly know that Franklin Roosevelt exists though I have never seen him, and though I may never have seen a picture, and maybe all pictures of him may be destroyed before those of future generations live. And of course I have found his writings, but how would I know they were his? Of course, the same may be so for God and His possible works and writings, but when do I ever question the existence of Franklin Roosevelt - though having only the affects of his life to base it on and external accounts of the memory's of others - and not be called into absurdity, and yet the same reasoning for God may not be referred to, though the evidence would surely be in favor of a Creator of everything that is or is becoming, for unless everything wrote itself. Yet while I hear this argument absurd for a Pen Ultimate, I do not hear such cries regarding a Pen Roosevelt, "What do you mean someone, we cannot see or touch or taste or hear wrote this, or spoke this?! This speech is unintelligible! You cannot discern what created it! If this Roosevelt exists, where is he now, how come he never shows himself in the Flesh anymore?! How come he only returns in this spirit or reliving of his mind and personality in living persons??!! It's absurd, this letter wrote itself by chance, by statistical probability, and we could never know anything about the nature of it's author! Roosevelt? How Absurd!"

6. The same might be also said of Bertrand Russell and George Carlin, I suppose. I have never seen Bertrand Russell in the Flesh. Of course, I have Seen George Carlin in the flesh, but my Grandchildren, were they to adhere to such logic as theirs, would never believe me that either Existed no matter how much I insisted in their terms. For nothing each had writ, in two generations would be intelligible were we to be Morally and Intellectually Fit to survive so long!

7. To have a Sense of faith, one must have a sense of Humor! Without the then possible sense of faith, one only finds fear itself, and does not know how to fear it, being so everywhere present. Paralysis ensues in the spiralling Hell of infinite universal contradictions with itself. No good is ever brought out of such a state of mind, but the diagnosis of Schizophrenia, safely rendering harmless both President Bush within his rubber padded walls, and a chained up President of Vice Dick Cheney mumbling and chewing a rug, while God waits eagerly for a Miracle...

All which is Humbly submitted.

[ This e-mail message was generated by a Graceful spirit named Creativity. ]

Forward this or respond with corrections or suggestions, as you see Necessary, and Be Encouraged to respond with your Creative Work and Ideas as Well.

good god. you have the worst altername ever. james blunt is a boil on the arse of the music industry. perhaps this is a form of irony, as james blunt whines like a woman.

jamesblunt said:
Now were this quote true, and were God not existent or otherwise not created his work of Beauty with a prejudice towards the doing of Good, why did he allow Roosevelt and his Friends to defeat a worldwide fascist movement, and not create more powerful and numerous "friends" to Hitler and his generation of speeches and actions instead.

Because if they win, then their followers get to write history and be declared a "righteous hero," rather than a "murderous villain." There's a number of obscure Catholic saints who lived rather abhorrent lives, if you dig deep enough. You can never underestimate the power and irrationality of mob rule.

History is full of losers, such as the Etruscans and the Anglo-Saxons. It's why the Romans and the Normans, their respective conquerors, are better remembered historically.

WWII is a rather narrow example in the longer scheme of history. Looking at the neo-Nazi movement of the present and how they romanticize Hitler, there is no doubt that if he had won, you'd be singing his praises the same way you're singing Roosevelt and Churchill's praises. After all, Americans loved Hitler back in the 1930s, because of his strident anti-communist policies and how he strengthened Germany's economy.

Of course, I see you've conveniently omitted Joseph Stalin from that list. He was a victor in all this too. So I guess that means that God shined his praises on Stalin too?

Melon

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
good god. you have the worst altername ever. james blunt is a boil on the arse of the music industry. perhaps this is a form of irony, as james blunt whines like a woman.

:love:

james blunt :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom