Oklahoma football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatever his motive, I'm glad no one else died.

Be interesting to see what comes out of this.

I thought this was going to a story about maniacal Oklahoma football fans. There are some loose ends to this story that don't seem to add up to a simple nerdy loner committing suicide, though. What I don't like though, is this:

According to Oklahoma News 9, Hinrichs had been attending “the same Norman mosque once attended by convicted 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui.”

What's the point of this? I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only Mosque in Norman - it's not a big town. It seems to just further the negative stereotype against all Muslims, something that happens all too often in this country.

I was a National Merit Scholar at OU, too. :shifty:

also there was a different suspected terrorist who trained at one of the flight schools in Norman, who may have gone to the same one.

Remember also, Nick Berg used Mossaoui's cell phone in Norman when Berg was going to OU.

does it mean anything? probably not but it makes for good conspiracy talk. Maybe there is something to it, I don't know.

I've read all kinds of theories about it around here, seems the only thing that is really apparent is that there is more to the story than a loner killing himself. I didn't read those articles, but there was a man who worked at a feed store who said this kid tried to buy 50 bags of fertilizer (amonium nitrate?) same stuff McVeigh used, this was reported locally from several sources.

You'd think it might have been a decent story to cover, but I guess it just didn't have enough teeth to take hold.

I thought I somehow jumped into the sports thread :ohmy:

Obnoxious answer: Well, one more reason I'm a Nebraska fan
(hah, but it is kinda funny that the Nebraska state paper would be the first place I'd hear about as story at OU, espeically because it could be national news.....)

real answer: that sounds kinda fishy....
Yeah, I wonder how much stereotyping has to do with this........

Back
Top Bottom