Okay this is what I have to say to all you Christians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AussieU2fanman said:
No, I don't have to directly provide examples of contradiction, we all know it all contradicts to a very large extent.

BrownEyedBoy thinks the Bible doesnt contradict, so its not a "we all know".

PS I agree with you on many many things.

no. grog is the answer to, and cause of all our problems. without it we have nothing.

i suggest a weekly piss up in fym so we can deal with these issues and enlighten ourselves in ways we didnt think possible.

:up:

Angela Harlem said:
no. grog is the answer to, and cause of all our problems. without it we have nothing.

i suggest a weekly piss up in fym so we can deal with these issues and enlighten ourselves in ways we didnt think possible.

I'm all for it!!

Angela Harlem said:

Yes :up: Many of these threads would be better suited to pub convos :up:

I have been a long advocate of drinking threads, Ouzo and Vodka - never mixed but alone they can make for quite the evening - :drool:

Maybe a submarine? :p

yellowsub.gif

Lookout everybody, its the FYM Submarine!

I'll come there...just figure out what city. Things I'd like to do there in these next few months.

AussieU2fanman said:
lol, am I the only one here who thinks that this has been taken too far?

The boozing part? Hey, religion has driven many a person to drink.

Besides, you started it!! :p

A_Wanderer said:
No it hasn't gone far enough, now lets get down and debate the finer choice of hops :drool:

yep, the truly important things in life!

I misread that as the finer choice of 'chops' first. I was all excited thinking we'd be adding a barbie to this piss up.

Is it too late?
:hyper:

you know what I find odd? You just throw blanket statements like

"The Bible contradicts itself and EVERYONE KNOWS that".

OK, because you "know" so much, and thus you believe less (in allusion to your "christianity-related quote"- even though Bono himself, the creator of said quote, is a well known Christian who recites Psalms in his concerts) then I would like to see specific examples of where the Bible contradicts and you will see how it could only be a mistranslation. Because, as I'm sure you know, there are different versions of the Bible.

God has said that it is hard for a rich (comfortable) person to go to Him because they simply don't need him. That is why it's easy for a poor, broken person to look for God.

That is how I rationalize you being so "against" God.

(Again, I really don't want to be offensive so feel free to express what bothers you about my posts.)

i say just one thing, only our belief in god will save us, he promised to give us heaven and endless life, but this isn't yet the time, he knows when to intervene, and all the faults and sins will be washed away

But see, that's just it. He already did. That's exactly why Jesus came to die: to pay for all of our sins. This means that all you have to do is accept him as your saviour and that way you will enter heaven.

Hmmm....isn't there a part in the Bible that advocates "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth," ie - a sort of equal opportunity vengeance?

And isn't there also a part of the Bible that advocates turning the other cheek?

Yup, no contradiction there. :)

------
And I've got a question for you Aussies. What exactly is a barbie? Is it just anything barbequed?

Last edited:
Diemen said:
Hmmm....isn't there a part in the Bible that advocates "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth," ie - a sort of equal opportunity vengeance?

And isn't there also a part of the Bible that advocates turning the other cheek?

Yup, no contradiction there. :)

You're not even sure if they are there. I'm sure someone who knows someone who heard something about the Bible told you something similar to what you're now stating as fact.

there is contradiction in just about everything in life

my knowledge of the bible is way too limited to know whether there are contradictions in there, but even if there are ... so what?

does it change anything about the 'grand idea' behind all of it?

people who don't believe in a god say there is no proof of him/her existing
people who do believe it see/feel evidence in many different things

the truth is out there :wink:

Diemen said:
------
And I've got a question for you Aussies. What exactly is a barbie? Is it just anything barbequed?

lol. No, its the object used to do the cooking. It can be anything - half a 44 gallon drum, a little temple made out of bricks with a hotplate on top, a sideways shopping cart , or a big fancy purchased thingie with lots of burners. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom