ok, this is REALLY scary.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ILuvLarryMullen

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
my sister's friend went to a gas station today and there was a man there who had run out of gas. She helped him out by giving him some money. He then said to her "I'm going to do you a favor, don't drink Pepsi." She then went to the police station and the police showed her some pictures and when she pointed him out they told her he was a know terrorist. :eek: :scaredsmiley:

So ummmm i would not recommend drinking Pepsi. Now I'm going to be afraid that my food is contaminated :sad:

Oh, and incase you're wondering this happened in Southern California.

Last edited:
huh? why would a "known terrorist" jeapordize himself and his mission if this was legitimate

but you're terrorified, so job well done I guess?

if you're gonna avoid drinking pepsi do it because it will rot your teeth and load you up with sugar calories

that is the second most random terrorist threat story i've ever heard. the first would be the one where terrorists were apparently going to lace the perfume samples that come in magazines with poison, apparently with the purpose of killing people who read beauty magazines.

snopes.com

Claim: Person who performs a kindness for a stranger is rewarded by the stranger's telling her to avoid drinking Coca-Cola or Pepsi after a certain day.

Examples: [Collected on the Internet, 2002]

Ok I don't usually fall into the rumour category. Although this time I did.

Our good friend (God mother to Gabriella) has a friend (yadh yadah yadh) who was in our nationally known grocery store. This man was in front of her and was short $5.00. He was not budging on anything. Price, product etc . . . This "friend" decided to pay the difference so she could get home. The man was waiting for her outside the store and was very thankful. He wanted to repay her.

She said, "it's ok, never mind, etc."

He said, "Don't drink coke this summer."

damnit, why my did my sister's friend tell her that this happened to her. :mad: Maybe my mom got the story mixed up and it was my sister's friend's cousin's niece or some stupid shit like that. Now i feel like an ass for making this thread :angry:, although I do feel better knowing that it's a hoax.

dont worry about it

when people repeat stories
they tend to shorten the links to make them have more impact.

because I am older and a skeptic
I try very hard not to fall into this trap.

Last edited:
yeah, I normally don't believe this kind of stuff either, but since the link was so short I thought it must have been true

I guess I'm confused cause I've never heard of anyone doing this before...why would your friend, or whoever it was, go to the police? If someone told me not to drink Pepsi, I would just think they are a weirdo and continue on with my day. What made her go to the police?

Last edited:
The random-er parts of this thread were split off into LS, in case anyone is looking for them...which I doubt.

Okay, back on topic now. ;)

There was story going around after 911 that certain people had been told not to fly on that day, after also doing a favour for an international terroist. These things start of and then snowball, If the above were true there must be thousands of terrorists running out of money in gas stations..

Dont worry about it ILuvLarryMullen, In this day and age with everybody wondering were the next threat is coming from stories like this can be easily be belivable..

I just drank a Jack and Generic Cola?.. Am I going to be poisoned with Botulism?

Beefeater

Back
Top Bottom