OJ: "IF I did it, here's how" - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2006, 01:04 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:06 PM
Everybody's calling him names

He accuses the Goldman family of opening up old wounds?

(AP) O.J. Simpson's ill-fated "If I Did It" book and TV project was not a confession to the murders of his ex-wife and her friend, and that the title wasn't his idea, he said in a radio interview Wednesday.

Simpson, who lives in the Miami suburbs, also told WTPS-AM the reported advance payment figure of $3.5 million was inaccurate. Although he would not specify how much he was paid, he did say it was a "windfall" that would go mainly to pay bills and support his children.

"Would everybody stop being so naive? Of course I got paid," Simpson said with a laugh. "I spend the money on my bills. It's gone."

Simpson's interview came two days after News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch canceled the book and two-part interview that had been set to air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29 on the company's Fox TV network. All copies of the book will be destroyed, officials with publisher HarperCollins have said.

The cancellation came amid an intensely negative nationwide reaction to what was being billed as a thinly veiled confession by Simpson to the 1994 murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ron Goldman. Simpson was acquitted in 1995.

In the Miami radio interview, Simpson was asked point-blank if he killed the pair.

"Absolutely not, and I maintained my innocence from day one," he replied, adding a little later: "No matter what everybody wants to say, I didn't do it."

Simpson also said he told the writer, "I have nothing to confess."

As for the "If I Did It" title, he added: "That was their title. That's what they came up with. I didn't pitch anything. I don't make book deals."

Simpson also accused the Goldman family,which won a $33.5 million civil wrongful death judgment against him, of "opening up those old wounds" on frequent TV appearances.

"It happens every month to me. Everybody's calling me names," Simpson said.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #77
War Child

Local Time: 01:06 AM
If it wasn't a semi confession explaining how he "would" have done it, what was it? I am disappointed we will now never know due to all the complaints. I really do think it would have been vindication for the families and everyone who knows he's guilty. Of course he will never admit it, but if he gave out a possible scenario, I would say that is what really happened. Now he will never tell us. (I am still against him making any money, but come on, let's hear his pathetic story!)

Old 11-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
if i was home and not doing anything, i would have watched. and many of the moraly outraged people in this thread would have watched, too. even if they'll never admit to it.
I would have gone to Borders, sat there for two hours, read the book and then left.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

It looks like a couple of books are on ebay now - one for over $1500.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

She's a real piece of work..

By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National WriterMon Dec 18, 6:59 PM ET

In an explosive telephone argument that led to her firing, publisher Judith Regan allegedly complained of a "Jewish cabal" against her in the book industry and stated that "Of all people, Jews should know about ganging up, finding common enemies and telling the big lie."

A spokesman for Regan's former employer, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., told The Associated Press on Monday that the remarks were based on notes taken by HarperCollins attorney Mark Jackson, with whom Regan was discussing the future of a controversial new novel about baseball star Mickey Mantle.

The spokesman, Andrew Butcher, released the comments in response to a threatened libel suit from Regan's legal representative, Hollywood attorney Bert Fields, who had called earlier reports of anti-Semitic remarks "completely untrue" and added that the publisher "didn't have an anti-Semitic bone in her body.

Since 1994, Regan had headed the ReganBooks imprint at News Corp.'s HarperCollins. She was fired Friday.

The allegations first emerged earlier Monday when The New York Times, citing two unnamed News Corps officials, referred to unspecified anti-Semitic comments.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:17 PM   #81
Refugee

Local Time: 01:06 AM
As if I didn't need another reason to hate Judith Regan.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #82
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

In an explosive telephone argument that led to her firing, publisher Judith Regan allegedly complained of a "Jewish cabal" against her in the book industry and stated that "Of all people, Jews should know about ganging up, finding common enemies and telling the big lie."

Mel Gibson's biography is next on her list.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Judith Regan is one big moron as of lately
Old 12-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #84
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2
And I'm sure he's still searching for the real killers

The killer is at Peble Beach
Old 12-20-2006, 10:59 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Anyone in involved with OJ is an absolute fool. Bottom Line: This is his children's mother and he's talking about how he might've killed her. Good Lord! Regan was just the person taking the fall by getting canned.