OJ: "IF I did it, here's how"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good.

Now I don't have to boycott Fox, which means I can still watch American Idol. :wink:

In all seriousness, though - I'm VERY glad to hear this. Glad decency and some common sense occasionally wins out over $$$$.

I saw a video about OJ tonight on some entertainment show. Someone videotaped him and he was saying all sorts of shit. "No ink is bad ink" and other crazy things. People still treat him like a god and want his autograph....He's a bastard. He likes all the attention even if it's bad press.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Drudge claims Fox has cancelled the book and the tv special, that better be true :drool:

It's on the Fox web site :hyper: That is awesome, people do have power.

Great. Sometimes good defeats evil.

I hope this book is not widely advertised. I hope people don't buy it or read it. Don't give OJ the time of day. Kudos for Fox if they do indeed go through on their promise...I can only hope other bigger networks follow suit!

Ok...I was glad he was found not guilty 11 years ago mainly cause I didn't like the constant coverage....but this is stupid!

A person just don't talk about murder like that! Yea I thought naively that he was going to give the money to the victims families as part of the Civil Trial.....but overall I did think that this was a low blow :tsk:

Now that I think about it...I feel a bit better now that this whole thing is over! I hope the children (which I also forgot about! I feel bad about them!) and the Goldmans and Browns feel a huge sigh of relief.....I hope :sigh:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
Good.

Now I don't have to boycott Fox, which means I can still watch American Idol. :wink:

In all seriousness, though - I'm VERY glad to hear this. Glad decency and some common sense occasionally wins out over $$$$.

I was seriously thinking of boycotting Fox, too, which would have sucked because then I wouldn't be watching American Idol and writing the recaps that entertained all of you so much. :wink:

But, yes, this is a very good move on Fox's part. I'm glad decency prevails.

And Nicole Brown Simpson's sister Denise was on the Today show this morning. She told Matt Lauer that Judith Regan said she would never work with OJ Simpson because she was a battered woman, too. How things changed, hey?

Judith Regan is the devil.

But really, wouldn't you be interested in hearing what he was going to say? As disgusting as it all is, I was looking forward to it because it would be like an admission of guilt, and telling 'how' he did it would fill in the blanks we've been wondering about and show he did plot and carry it out. It would prove the jury, the defense, and people who still claim he's innocent wrong. I think telling his story would have been vindication for the victims and all those against him. (just don't let him make money from it)

I pledged not to watch and I wouldn't have. Yes I watched some of his other interviews in some futile attempt on my part to figure him out, but I draw the line personally at watching his pseudo fiction which is really a confession. I have no interest in that and no desire to support his twisted sick attempt at keeping himself in the limelight at the expense of the Browns, the Goldmans, and his children. The only confession and/or admission of his I wanted to see was in court, and obviously that was never going to happen. That was the only vindication that would ever really matter to the families- what good is any admission without punishment? It's easy to confess when you can't pay the price for it, isn't it? I don't think most people need or want to prove his innocence wrong, it's just so self-evident.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if i was home and not doing anything, i would have watched. and many of the moraly outraged people in this thread would have watched, too. even if they'll never admit to it.

If you say so.

Everybody's calling him names :( :hug:

He accuses the Goldman family of opening up old wounds? :lmao:

(AP) O.J. Simpson's ill-fated "If I Did It" book and TV project was not a confession to the murders of his ex-wife and her friend, and that the title wasn't his idea, he said in a radio interview Wednesday.

Simpson, who lives in the Miami suburbs, also told WTPS-AM the reported advance payment figure of $3.5 million was inaccurate. Although he would not specify how much he was paid, he did say it was a "windfall" that would go mainly to pay bills and support his children.

"Would everybody stop being so naive? Of course I got paid," Simpson said with a laugh. "I spend the money on my bills. It's gone."

Simpson's interview came two days after News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch canceled the book and two-part interview that had been set to air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29 on the company's Fox TV network. All copies of the book will be destroyed, officials with publisher HarperCollins have said.

The cancellation came amid an intensely negative nationwide reaction to what was being billed as a thinly veiled confession by Simpson to the 1994 murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ron Goldman. Simpson was acquitted in 1995.

In the Miami radio interview, Simpson was asked point-blank if he killed the pair.

"Absolutely not, and I maintained my innocence from day one," he replied, adding a little later: "No matter what everybody wants to say, I didn't do it."

Simpson also said he told the writer, "I have nothing to confess."

As for the "If I Did It" title, he added: "That was their title. That's what they came up with. I didn't pitch anything. I don't make book deals."

Simpson also accused the Goldman family,which won a $33.5 million civil wrongful death judgment against him, of "opening up those old wounds" on frequent TV appearances.

"It happens every month to me. Everybody's calling me names," Simpson said.

If it wasn't a semi confession explaining how he "would" have done it, what was it? I am disappointed we will now never know due to all the complaints. I really do think it would have been vindication for the families and everyone who knows he's guilty. Of course he will never admit it, but if he gave out a possible scenario, I would say that is what really happened. Now he will never tell us. (I am still against him making any money, but come on, let's hear his pathetic story!)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if i was home and not doing anything, i would have watched. and many of the moraly outraged people in this thread would have watched, too. even if they'll never admit to it.

I would have gone to Borders, sat there for two hours, read the book and then left.

She's a real piece of work..

By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National WriterMon Dec 18, 6:59 PM ET

In an explosive telephone argument that led to her firing, publisher Judith Regan allegedly complained of a "Jewish cabal" against her in the book industry and stated that "Of all people, Jews should know about ganging up, finding common enemies and telling the big lie."

A spokesman for Regan's former employer, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., told The Associated Press on Monday that the remarks were based on notes taken by HarperCollins attorney Mark Jackson, with whom Regan was discussing the future of a controversial new novel about baseball star Mickey Mantle.

The spokesman, Andrew Butcher, released the comments in response to a threatened libel suit from Regan's legal representative, Hollywood attorney Bert Fields, who had called earlier reports of anti-Semitic remarks "completely untrue" and added that the publisher "didn't have an anti-Semitic bone in her body.

Since 1994, Regan had headed the ReganBooks imprint at News Corp.'s HarperCollins. She was fired Friday.

The allegations first emerged earlier Monday when The New York Times, citing two unnamed News Corps officials, referred to unspecified anti-Semitic comments.

MrsSpringsteen said:

In an explosive telephone argument that led to her firing, publisher Judith Regan allegedly complained of a "Jewish cabal" against her in the book industry and stated that "Of all people, Jews should know about ganging up, finding common enemies and telling the big lie."

Mel Gibson's biography is next on her list.

Anyone in involved with OJ is an absolute fool. Bottom Line: This is his children's mother and he's talking about how he might've killed her. Good Lord! Regan was just the person taking the fall by getting canned.

Back
Top Bottom