Ohio predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont think we will pick up PA. i saw on TV that the number of democrats from last election has been like doubled.

phillyfan26 said:
But what if the Republicans don't pick up PA? Then what, strongbow?

Provided Obama kept most of the 5 Red battleground states he has the current lead in, he wins the election. But its important to emphasize that even with the loss of those 5 red states, McCain could still win by simply taking Pennsylvania. Not an easy task but it is realistically possible.

phillyfan26 said:
CA and NY are going Dem no matter who the nominee is. What's your point?

it they both campaigned

it does not mean Obama wins

look at Ohio

which is what you seem to have been implying

Obama loss big in Florida
he would not have won
even with campaigning.

deep said:
it they both campaigned

look at Ohio

he would not have won
even with campaigning.

Are you saying there aren't states Obama closed the gap on with campaigning?

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
i dont think we will pick up PA. i saw on TV that the number of democrats from last election has been like doubled.

But polling so far shows the general election match up is closer than it was in 2000 or 2004. Reagan Democrats delivered Pennsylvania for Reagan twice and Bush Sr. once. They may deliver for McCain in November 2008. There are many Democrats especially in the middle of the state that are much more conservative than your average Democrat. They made Casey Governer despite his pro-life position on Abortion.

phanan said:

But unlikely, I think.

Depends on who the Democratic nominee is. If its Hillary Clinton, I think its unlikely, but if its Obama, the Republicans may win Pennsylvania for the first time since 1988. Pennsylvania has been a battleground state for years now, and its no more Blue than Ohio is Red.

deep said:

it they both campaigned

look at Ohio

he would not have won
even with campaigning.

i guess fear really does work. it worked for Bush. why not for Hillary?

it's 3am in America, and you know which candidate got stoned and passed out in front of the TV again.

Strongbow said:

But polling so far shows the general election match up is closer than it was in 2000 or 2004. Reagan Democrats delivered Pennsylvania for Reagan twice and Bush Sr. once. They may deliver for McCain in November 2008. There are many Democrats especially in the middle of the state that are much more conservative than your average Democrat. They made Casey Governer despite his pro-life position on Abortion.

Senator.

The governor of Pennsylvania is Democrat Ed Rendell, former mayor of Philadelphia, and Eagles Post-Game Live analyst.

They are saying the gap in Ohio will narrow as the hours go on...because there are some major counties that still have counted very few of the votes....although I don't quite understand why they're saying that, since two of the counties in question are Hamilton(where Cincinnati is) and Montgomery(where Dayton is, and where I live), and both the cities of Cincinnati and Dayton are, unfortunatly, racist. But...MSNBC says it's going to narrow the gap significantly...not that it will give Obama the win, neccessarily...just that the gap will narrow significantly.

phillyfan26 said:

Are you saying there aren't states Obama closed the gap on with campaigning?
I remember that primary at the place and time, both Florida and Mich would have gone Hillary with campaigning by both

if you know the history and voting patterns, in those states, that is the conclusion

I will agree Obama, would have done better 30 days latter

and if the primaries were held in end of 2007 Rudy would be the nominee, not McCain

Irvine511 said:

i guess fear really does work. it worked for Bush. why not for Hillary?

it's 3am in America, and you know which candidate got stoned and passed out in front of the TV again.

Stoned? That would be Bill, wouldn't it? Not inhaling?:wink:

Strongbow said:
Depends on who the Democratic nominee is. If its Hillary Clinton, I think its unlikely, but if its Obama, the Republicans may win Pennsylvania for the first time since 1988. Pennsylvania has been a battleground state for years now, and its no more Blue than Ohio is Red.

Why do you think Obama will be weaker in PA than Hillary?

PA is basically conservative /moderate democrat. I can't see it going Republican for the general, particularly with the worsening economy here. I don't see it as a runaway though. Last election was close, but we had two Republican senators at the time. Now we've got one and the Republicans consider him a RINO. There is definitely an increase in Democratic registration.

deep said:
I remember that primary at the place and time, both Florida and Mich would have gone Hillary with campaigning by both

if you know the history and voting patterns, in those states, that is the conclusion

I will agree Obama, would have done better 30 days latter

and if the primaries were held in end of 2007 Rudy would be the nominee, not McCain

I tend to agree on Florida, but I completely disagree on Michigan.

phillyfan26 said:

Senator.

The governor of Pennsylvania is Democrat Ed Rendell, former mayor of Philadelphia, and Eagles Post-Game Live analyst.

I was not talking about the current governor. I'm sure you know your Pennsylvania history.

BonosSaint said:
PA is basically conservative /moderate democrat. I can't see it going Republican for the general, particularly with the worsening economy here. I don't see it as a runaway though. Last election was close, but we had two Republican senators at the time. Now we've got one and the Republicans consider him a RINO. There is definitely an increase in Democratic registration.

My county in particular has always been considered a Republican stronghold in southeastern PA, and is rapidly moving Democratic.

namkcuR said:
They are saying the gap in Ohio will narrow as the hours go on...because there are some major counties that still have counted very few of the votes....although I don't quite understand why they're saying that, since two of the counties in question are Hamilton(where Cincinnati is) and Montgomery(where Dayton is, and where I live), and both the cities of Cincinnati and Dayton are, unfortunatly, racist. But...MSNBC says it's going to narrow the gap significantly...not that it will give Obama the win, neccessarily...just that the gap will narrow significantly.

I was going to post this, too

the gap will narrow

those are urban areas
where Obama will pick up a lot of votes

and the fact that there are racist people
where you live, will probably not sway it

they may be vocal, but they do not have more people

racism is one of our biggest problems, here in america

what county ru phillyfan?

mines very democratic, im part of the lehigh county

Strongbow said:
I was not talking about the current governor. I'm sure you know your Pennsylvania history.

:) My mistake. First Casey that came to mind was the senator. You'd be correct about the Sr. Casey.

Back
Top Bottom