Ohio predictions - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR


Your comparisons are ridiculous. Gore WAS pretty stiff in his campaign...he's a lot better at appearing comfortable in public NOW, but back then he WAS boring - but his policies were right.

As for GWB being the 'feel good guy' - please don't even try this. NO ONE ever called GWB charasmatic, NO ONE ever called GWB 'a movement', NO ONE ever accused him of being in the ranks of JFK and MLK in terms of oratory skill and ability to inspire. No one.

'I'd rather have a drink with GWB than Gore' is in a completey different universe from the things people are saying about Obama.

It's not even comprable and I'm surprised that you are saying such silly things.
You're in Ohio........who are you voting for?
__________________

__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Obama's had it easy?

Yeah, he's had it easy fighting the media declared "Inevitable" Hillary Clinton for the last year.

He's had it easy despite winning 11 primaries in a row he still has to fight, if it were the other way around he'd be the Huckabee of the Democratic party.

He's had it easy being either too black, or not black enough.

I could go on

I predict a split tonight, and the race will go on.
__________________

__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 09:42 AM
I think Clinton wins Ohio, Texas could go either way.

Why do people seem to think Obama is more "electable" in November than Clinton is? I mean, yeah you hear all the "Hillary is a bitch etc" talk but for all that I'd still figure on Bill Clinton supporters voting Hillary, and he was a pretty popular President. Whereas if it's Obama every bigot with eyeholes in his sheets will be stumping for McCain...
__________________
CTU2fan is online now  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
I think Clinton wins Ohio, Texas could go either way.

Why do people seem to think Obama is more "electable" in November than Clinton is? I mean, yeah you hear all the "Hillary is a bitch etc" talk but for all that I'd still figure on Bill Clinton supporters voting Hillary, and he was a pretty popular President.
You are looking at this in its proper context.


Obama in 2008 is what Bush was in 2000

an unknown.

And look how well that turned out.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep


You are looking at this in its proper context.


Obama in 2008 is what Bush was in 2000

an unknown.

And look how well that turned out.
I knew who Bush was in 1999 when he began his campaign. I was 11 at the time. Calling him an unknown is really stretching it.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Obama's had it easy?

He's had it easy despite winning 11 primaries in a row he still has to fight,
Winning small states like Utah, and the mid-West states that are GOP stong holds does help with the nomination.




if you look at this map you will see Obama is stongest in states the Dems will not win in Nov
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 09:42 AM
I remember people being really high on Bush pre-2000. In '99 I'd have bet on Bush winning, and winning handily. Things didn't quite turn out that way though, electoral college be damned.

Question for anyone supporting either HRC or Obama. If your candidate loses would you actually vote McCain rather than the Democrat? Currently I'm leaning toward HRC, but I'd be perfectly happy with Obama and wouldn't hesitate to vote for him.
__________________
CTU2fan is online now  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
I knew who Bush was in 1999 when he began his campaign. I was 11 at the time. Calling him an unknown is really stretching it.

when I say unknown

I don't mean name recognition


W was elected on the presumption that he would be like his Dad

GHW Bush 1 and if he were like his father we would not be living in this nightmare.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 01:42 PM
They're GOP strong holds with Clinton as the nominee.

With Obama, they're in play.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Let's face it. With either one, it's a toss-up.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep



when I say unknown

I don't mean name recognition


W was elected on the presumption that he would be like his Dad

GHW Bush 1 and if he were like his father we would not be living in this nightmare.
Gotcha. Although, I don't seem to recall hearing about Bush 1 being a fantastic or even that popular of a president.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
With Obama, they're in play.
perhaps Virginia

but if your remove your emotional investment from your thinking

I believe you would conclude that those states in play will end up in the red zone

also, Hillary has a much better shot in Florida than Obama
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
I remember people being really high on Bush pre-2000. In '99 I'd have bet on Bush winning, and winning handily. Things didn't quite turn out that way though, electoral college be damned.

Question for anyone supporting either HRC or Obama. If your candidate loses would you actually vote McCain rather than the Democrat? Currently I'm leaning toward HRC, but I'd be perfectly happy with Obama and wouldn't hesitate to vote for him.
I'm 100% behind Obama right now. I've always been a huge admirer of Hillary and was hoping she'd run. However, I feel like she's too divisive in terms of the GOP hate for her, and I'm very disappointed in the way she's run her campaign. I feel like a lot of it has been based on tactics similar to the Bush campaign right down to the Rovian fear tactics in her latest ad, "inIt's 3 am....". As soon as she started losing her hold on the nomination she resorted to attacks, and that is not the Hillary Clinton I've looked up to. That being said, there is little policy difference between her and Obama, so I willsupport her in November if she's the nominee.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep


perhaps Virginia

but if your remove your emotional investment from your thinking

I believe you would conclude that those states in play will end up in the red zone

also, Hillary has a much better shot in Florida than Obama
If Virginia is in play, other states are in play.

I'm a poli-sci major, I can analyze without emotional investment thank you very much.

At this point in the race, if Clinton were to pull off an upset, so many of the new voters and independents who joined the movement purely because of Obama, will most likely stay home in November with a Clinton nomination.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest


I've decided not to vote for Obama because he is a Muslim!!!11212111111!1!

You're being sarcastic, right?





























*this post written in my second language of sarcasm*
__________________

__________________
verte76 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com