Ohio predictions - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan


Interesting. Where did you read this?
Strongbow's not necesssarily wrong there. But there has been an unusual shift in the past few years. I think there is a growing dissatisfaction in PA, even the tenor of talk radio is changing, which surprised me.
__________________

__________________
BonosSaint is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #197
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
I won't be calling Texas anytime soon



I will say this

cauci have been good to Barack Hussien
that system favors him

I would be partying with the young things
over the blue hairs

but, more importantly
the Dems in Texas have a crazy ass weighted delegate thing
where the legal brown American voters that trend for Hillary will not get as many delegates as other people.

deep FTL.
i haven't posted here but i've been reading. this post really rubs me the wrong way. do you think your racist labels really add substance to this?
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #198
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
I'm saying we didn't go Republican when we had two Republican senators and there is a shift now even more toward Democrat. The unemployment rate does not take into account the underemployed rate, of people working for less now than they did a few years ago. Trust me, it's a factor.
I'm saying it does not matter who your Senators are especially in a state like Pennsylvania.

The unemployment rate is directly impacted by the underemployed rate since lower incomes equals, lower spending, which equals lower economic growth and a rise in the unemployment rate. Overall, that has not been a factor in Pennsylvania relative to the rest of the country.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:16 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico



deep FTL.
i haven't posted here but i've been reading. this post really rubs me the wrong way. do you think your racist labels really add substance to this?

are you aware of how delegates will be selected in Texas?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #200
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


But PA is moving in the Dem direction, that's the thing. The economy is beginning to feel the drag here, and people are going Dem as a result.

You keep bringing up the abortion issue, but it's honestly not as big of an issue as you think here.
The abortion issue is not an issue for the general election in Pennsylvania at all. But, the fact that Democrats in the state would support a pro-life candidate for Governor of their party shows you that Democrats in Pennsylvania tend to be much more conservative than your average Democrat in most other states.

The polls with McCain as the Republican nominee show things moving in the REP direction at the moment. McCain is a Republican that many Pennsylvania Democrats could vote for.

On the economy, Pennsylvania overall is doing well relative to the rest of the country and especially when compared with Ohio, Missouri and Michigan.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:22 PM   #201
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strongbow


The abortion issue is not an issue for the general election in Pennsylvania at all. But, the fact that Democrats in the state would support a pro-life candidate for Governor of their party shows you that Democrats in Pennsylvania tend to be much more conservative than your average Democrat in most other states.

The polls with McCain as the Republican nominee show things moving in the REP direction at the moment. McCain is a Republican that many Pennsylvania Democrats could vote for.

On the economy, Pennsylvania overall is doing well relative to the rest of the country and especially when compared with Ohio, Missouri and Michigan.
Are you talking about Casey again? He hasn't been governor in over a decade.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #202
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


Are you talking about Casey again? He hasn't been governor in over a decade.
Doesn't matter. It simply shows how Democrats in Pennsylvania on average are more consevative than Democrats to the north and further west.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #203
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 07:56 PM
I am almost convinced that Obama would be gone from this race had Florida and Michigan behaved themselves.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #204
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,287
Local Time: 07:56 PM
"Yes We Will"?

"Yes We Can" rip, anyone?

Couldn't she have been a little less obvious?
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #205
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strongbow


Doesn't matter. It simply shows how Democrats in Pennsylvania on average are more consevative than Democrats to the north and further west.
It's 2008.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #206
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:56 PM
way to go, Democrats.

snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, ensuring that there's going to be weeks and weeks of nasty Clintons, all while McCain bides his time and has the Dems do the dirty work for them. and what's terrible, is that the math remains in Obama's favor. it will still be very hard for her to win. so what do they do? destroy the party.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
way to go, Democrats.

snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, ensuring that there's going to be weeks and weeks of nasty Clintons, all while McCain bides his time and has the Dems do the dirty work for them. and what's terrible, is that the math remains in Obama's favor. it will still be very hard for her to win. so what do they do? destroy the party.
As per usual, I'm with you 100%. While many may want this primary to continue to "test" these candidates, it will only continue the ugly tactics used by the clintons, which will turn people off and away, as the Republicans shore up their support.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Say it with me now....























President McCain
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #209
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Say it with me now....

President McCain


considering he was the only human being running on the GOP side, if it has to be anyone, let it be him.

i still wouldn't bet on it, though.

he's got some major, major problems. now's his grace period. let's wait and see.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #210
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,287
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
President McCain

__________________

__________________
namkcuR is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com