Ohio predictions - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #151
ONE
love, blood, life
 
EdgeIsTooSexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,828
Local Time: 12:03 AM
i dont think we will pick up PA. i saw on TV that the number of democrats from last election has been like doubled.
__________________

__________________
EdgeIsTooSexy is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #152
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
But what if the Republicans don't pick up PA? Then what, strongbow?
Provided Obama kept most of the 5 Red battleground states he has the current lead in, he wins the election. But its important to emphasize that even with the loss of those 5 red states, McCain could still win by simply taking Pennsylvania. Not an easy task but it is realistically possible.
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
CA and NY are going Dem no matter who the nominee is. What's your point?
it they both campaigned

it does not mean Obama wins

look at Ohio

which is what you seem to have been implying

Obama loss big in Florida
he would not have won
even with campaigning.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strongbow
But its important to emphasize that even with the loss of those 5 red states, McCain could still win by simply taking Pennsylvania. Not an easy task but it is realistically possible.

But unlikely, I think.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #155
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
it they both campaigned

it does not mean Obama wins

look at Ohio

which is what you seem to have been implying

Obama loss big in Florida
he would not have won
even with campaigning.
Are you saying there aren't states Obama closed the gap on with campaigning?
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #156
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by EdgeIsTooSexy
i dont think we will pick up PA. i saw on TV that the number of democrats from last election has been like doubled.
But polling so far shows the general election match up is closer than it was in 2000 or 2004. Reagan Democrats delivered Pennsylvania for Reagan twice and Bush Sr. once. They may deliver for McCain in November 2008. There are many Democrats especially in the middle of the state that are much more conservative than your average Democrat. They made Casey Governer despite his pro-life position on Abortion.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #157
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan



But unlikely, I think.
Depends on who the Democratic nominee is. If its Hillary Clinton, I think its unlikely, but if its Obama, the Republicans may win Pennsylvania for the first time since 1988. Pennsylvania has been a battleground state for years now, and its no more Blue than Ohio is Red.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #158
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep


it they both campaigned

it does not mean Obama wins

look at Ohio

which is what you seem to have been implying

Obama loss big in Florida
he would not have won
even with campaigning.


i guess fear really does work. it worked for Bush. why not for Hillary?

it's 3am in America, and you know which candidate got stoned and passed out in front of the TV again.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #159
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strongbow


But polling so far shows the general election match up is closer than it was in 2000 or 2004. Reagan Democrats delivered Pennsylvania for Reagan twice and Bush Sr. once. They may deliver for McCain in November 2008. There are many Democrats especially in the middle of the state that are much more conservative than your average Democrat. They made Casey Governer despite his pro-life position on Abortion.
Senator.

The governor of Pennsylvania is Democrat Ed Rendell, former mayor of Philadelphia, and Eagles Post-Game Live analyst.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #160
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 12:03 AM
They are saying the gap in Ohio will narrow as the hours go on...because there are some major counties that still have counted very few of the votes....although I don't quite understand why they're saying that, since two of the counties in question are Hamilton(where Cincinnati is) and Montgomery(where Dayton is, and where I live), and both the cities of Cincinnati and Dayton are, unfortunatly, racist. But...MSNBC says it's going to narrow the gap significantly...not that it will give Obama the win, neccessarily...just that the gap will narrow significantly.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


Are you saying there aren't states Obama closed the gap on with campaigning?
I remember that primary at the place and time, both Florida and Mich would have gone Hillary with campaigning by both

if you know the history and voting patterns, in those states, that is the conclusion

I will agree Obama, would have done better 30 days latter


and if the primaries were held in end of 2007 Rudy would be the nominee, not McCain
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #162
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




i guess fear really does work. it worked for Bush. why not for Hillary?

it's 3am in America, and you know which candidate got stoned and passed out in front of the TV again.

Stoned? That would be Bill, wouldn't it? Not inhaling?
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #163
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strongbow
Depends on who the Democratic nominee is. If its Hillary Clinton, I think its unlikely, but if its Obama, the Republicans may win Pennsylvania for the first time since 1988. Pennsylvania has been a battleground state for years now, and its no more Blue than Ohio is Red.
Why do you think Obama will be weaker in PA than Hillary?
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 01:03 AM
PA is basically conservative /moderate democrat. I can't see it going Republican for the general, particularly with the worsening economy here. I don't see it as a runaway though. Last election was close, but we had two Republican senators at the time. Now we've got one and the Republicans consider him a RINO. There is definitely an increase in Democratic registration.
__________________
BonosSaint is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #165
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 11:03 PM
This is entertaining

Lots of fuzzy math.

Bias attacking other's biases.

I think I'll just sit back...
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com