Oh, no...now the ba***rds have Special Ops. Cody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Judah

War Child
Something tells me these Islamists are having a real hard time discerning reality from fantasy (check out the picture at cnn.com).

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/01/iraq.hostage/index.html

So-called U.S. hostage appears to be toy
Tuesday, February 1, 2005 Posted: 5:37 PM EST (2237 GMT)

(CNN) -- A photograph posted on an Islamist Web site appears to be that of an action figure and not a U.S. soldier being held hostage.

Liam Cusack, the marketing coordinator for Dragon Models USA, said the figure pictured on the Web site is believed to be "Special Ops Cody," a military action figure the company manufactured in late 2003.

"It pretty much looks exactly like the same person," he said.

Cusack said he was contacted Tuesday morning by one of his retailers, who informed him that the alleged hostage appeared to be one of the company's action figures.

"I thought it was a joke at first," he said.

But after reading a report on a news Web site about a U.S. soldier allegedly being captured, "I looked at it and said, 'It does look like one of our action figures.'"

"Cody" is an action figure the company made for the Army and Air Force Exchange Service, which supplies U.S. military bases worldwide with various items. The doll was meant to look like a U.S. soldier who might be serving in Iraq, Cusack said.

On the Islamist Web site, a group calling itself the Al Mujahedeen Brigade, posted a photograph of a man it claimed was a captured U.S. soldier named John Adam, and it threatened to behead him if Iraqi prisoners are not released by U.S. forces.

Staff Sgt. Nick Minecci of the U.S. military's press office in Baghdad told The Associated Press that "no units have reported anyone missing."

The photograph showed the figure against a black flag with white lettering reading, "God is great, there is no god but Allah." A U.S. military assault rifle was pointed at its head. It appears that "rifle" was part of the plastic weaponry that came with the action figure.

The photograph immediately raised questions.

CNN military analyst James Marks, a retired Army general, questioned its authenticity.

He told CNN in a phone interview that the flak jacket in the picture had a kind of trim along the edges that he'd never seen before, and that the open-legged pants, as opposed to gathered hems, struck him as odd.

He also questioned what appeared to be camouflage paint on the face.

"We have not used camo paint with conventional forces serving in Iraq," Marks said.

Last edited:
:lmao:

Those terro's are really fucking dumb if they thought that was going to fool anyone. But I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be a hoax, like that guy who faked his own beheading a year or so back.

Even if it's not, it's clear just from a glance that it's not an American soldier:
1. Open pant legs out of boots. Those things are fucking hard to get out of combat boots without taking the boots completely off.
2. The flak jacket. The thing is felt, you can tell just by looking at it. It's folded even. Even if it was legitimate, the thing is about 5 sizes too large for him.
3. The kneepads. Conventional soldiers out on patrol don't wear kneepads unless they are expecting ambush. Only Delta Force wear kneepads with any regularity, and even the Rangers almost never have them on.

Ohh the nemesis we all face. :laugh:

DaveC said:
:lmao:

Those things are fucking hard to get out of combat boots without taking the boots completely off.

Dave knows this from his many years in the American military.

Yes, Canada let us borrow him from when he was about twelve years old onward.

I have an uncle in the military. And believe it or not, Canadians tuck their pants in their combat boots too! I know, it's incredible, isn't it?

:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom