Oh, no!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
The ancestry program I use has a "famous relatives" feature. I just found out I'm distantly related to George Bush. Disgusting! Ugh!:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

HAha! Nice!

My pedigree is full of Dutch peasants (literally...they were slaves in a castle). My dog has more famous dogs in her pedigree than I have people.

verte76 said:
The ancestry program I use has a "famous relatives" feature. I just found out I'm distantly related to George Bush. Disgusting! Ugh!:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm sorry, verte.

verte76 said:

One good thing about being adopted is that you never have to face these types of disappointment...:D

verte76 said:

Oh dear. That really sucks. :(

However, there is a bright side. Whenever you screw up you can just blame it on those defective Bush genes. :wink:

Wow, verte, we might be distant relations ourselves then, because my mother discovered several years ago that we are also distant relations of the Bushes (and three other presidents...old New England stock...).

We should start a Disgraced Descendants of Bush club, kind of like the DAR.

verte76 said:

Ouch.

What program do you use, if you don't mind saying?

Oh and I can beat that...I did that thing where you upload a picture and they give you 8-10 famous people that you supposedly look like. Well, I got Bush :(

But I also got Nicolas Cage and Billy Corgan, so that was better.

Re: Re: Oh, no!

CTU2fan said:

Ouch.

What program do you use, if you don't mind saying?

Oh and I can beat that...I did that thing where you upload a picture and they give you 8-10 famous people that you supposedly look like. Well, I got Bush :(

But I also got Nicolas Cage and Billy Corgan, so that was better.

I use Ancestry.com.

U2democrat said:
I'm related to various political figures (signer of the Declaration of Independence-3rd Gov. of Virginia; 2 presidents)

and...

Katie Couric :lol:

I'm also related to William Henry Harrison. Isn't he the President you're descended from?

verte76 said:

I'm also related to William Henry Harrison. Isn't he the President you're descended from?

Taft, Coolidge, and i always forget the other one, but it might be Harrison. Boston and Maine relatives...

verte76 said:

I envy you being related to such a great man of peace and fighter for justice.

You have much to be proud of.

.....and NO.....I'm NOT joking.

*waiting to be flamed*

I think verte needed that little moment of levity you provided, AB.

how does Ancestry.com work anyway? - the only thing it did was ask me for my name and then it told me to fill out my mother and father's names. It didn't tell me anything about who I'm related to.

btw - I found out many years ago that I'm distantly related to Barbra Streisand - that stands to reason since we both have the same voice......

heehee.

AchtungBono said:
how does Ancestry.com work anyway? - the only thing it did was ask me for my name and then it told me to fill out my mother and father's names. It didn't tell me anything about who I'm related to.

btw - I found out many years ago that I'm distantly related to Barbra Streisand - that stands to reason since we both have the same voice......

heehee.

It didn't? Maybe it was because I already had a list of ancestors to put in. It works for me. It's a really good program, actually.

Re: Re: Re: Oh, no!

verte76 said:

I use Ancestry.com.

Thanks, gonna check it out.

And all anti-Bush joking aside it is actually pretty cool to be related to a President...even if it is Bush. But I guess you're related to Bush I also, that's better than Dubya.

On my maternal grandmother's side:

Ralph Waldo Emerson
President James Garfield
Queen Elizabeth
Bette Davis
Amelia Earhart
Richard Nixon :angry:
D.H. Lawrence
Lucille Ball :hyper:
Gore Vidal
Helen Keller
Florence Nightengale
Agatha Christie
Samuel Adams :D

Mr. Green Eyes said:
How do you get to the "famous relatives"feature on the ancestry.com site? I keep on reading about it, but can't seem to get to the link.

It's on the page with your ancestor. It doesn't always work.

Back
Top Bottom