Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it interesting how much controversy this Palin selection is causing - look at the statistics - this thread was created August 14, 2008 and has had 8,587 views. Compare that with the Presidential thread created on July 28, 2008 which has 8,752 views. NOTHING McCain could have done would have created such a furor (especially on the "left") than this pick. We already have various conspiracy theories, as stupid and offensive as they are i.e. Palin's down's syndrome child is not really hers but her daughters...geez. These other outrageous "theories" about this being a ploy to bring in Romney or Lieberman are the most ridiculous I've ever heard - bringing in either would utterly destroy the momentum that John McCain has created with Palin. Are you people that naive that you actually cannot come to grasps with the fact that all of this is helping McCain. The only person who is responding the right way is Obama (thankfully!!!) - many of his "supporters" are frothing at the mouth about the pregnancy issue that it will backfire like nothing we've ever seen - they are playing right into the hands of the Republicans. I cannot believe how stupid some Democrats are (again, thankfully, Obama is not that stupid). Point in case: A political junkie friend of mine from New York who is a huge supporter of Obama called me yesterday. You could almost hear him salivating from the mouth about Palin's daughter being pregnant and how it would destroy her support from the Evangelicals - when I countered that it may just strengthen that support he got angry - we now know that it indeed has strengthened that support. Not only has the base been so offended by some on the left, the middle america "Mom" has been as well. This will be seen as an attack on Palin because she is a woman. I cannot stress enough what dangerous ground some Democrats are walking on. My only hope is that Obama refuses to stoop to their level. If he does not, there is still hope.

And now she's a Crusadist?

Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

Here.

Isn't it interesting how much controversy this Palin selection is causing - look at the statistics - this thread was created August 14, 2008 and has had 8,587 views. Compare that with the Presidential thread created on July 28, 2008 which has 8,752 views. NOTHING McCain could have done would have created such a furor (especially on the "left") than this pick. We already have various conspiracy theories, as stupid and offensive as they are i.e. Palin's down's syndrome child is not really hers but her daughters...geez. These other outrageous "theories" about this being a ploy to bring in Romney or Lieberman are the most ridiculous I've ever heard - bringing in either would utterly destroy the momentum that John McCain has created with Palin. Are you people that naive that you actually cannot come to grasps with the fact that all of this is helping McCain. The only person who is responding the right way is Obama (thankfully!!!) - many of his "supporters" are frothing at the mouth about the pregnancy issue that it will backfire like nothing we've ever seen - they are playing right into the hands of the Republicans. I cannot believe how stupid some Democrats are (again, thankfully, Obama is not that stupid). Point in case: A political junkie friend of mine from New York who is a huge supporter of Obama called me yesterday. You could almost hear him salivating from the mouth about Palin's daughter being pregnant and how it would destroy her support from the Evangelicals - when I countered that it may just strengthen that support he got angry - we now know that it indeed has strengthened that support. Not only has the base been so offended by some on the left, the middle america "Mom" has been as well. This will be seen as an attack on Palin because she is a woman. I cannot stress enough what dangerous ground some Democrats are walking on. My only hope is that Obama refuses to stoop to their level. If he does not, there is still hope.

I would have thought you were the first to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon.

It's all just :doh: move by McCain. It cracks me up.

I honestly don't think anyone is frothing at the mouth at these stories, and conservatives don't get this, we don't care that your daughter is pregnant, we're interested in how you're all going to deal with the hypocricy... and guess what, the conservatives dealt with it just like we thought you would.:applaud:

Can we take religion out of politics yet? :reject:

Anyone remember this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...pray-for-rain-at-Barack-Obama-nomination.html

Evangelicals asked to pray for rain at Barack Obama nomination

Stuart Shepard of Focus on the Family, one of America's leading evangelical groups, was shown in a video filmed at Denver's Invesco Field, where 75,000 are expected to cheer Mr Obama on Aug 28, asking Christians to pray for "torrential" rain.

"I'm talking 'umbrella-ain't-going-to-help-you rain," the former pastor and television meteorologist said. He explained on the video: "I'm still pro life, and I'm still in favour of marriage as being between one man and one woman. And I would like the next president who will select justices for the next Supreme Court to agree."

9c6c579a-c536-42d7-82b6-18ecabfa8862.jpg

Since, you know, God is vengeful and all, should we "thank" FOTF for Hurricane Gustav? And is it a sign that, not only did Obama's nomination go flawlessly, but the "torrential rains" that did happen disrupted the Republican National Convention instead?

Is God an Obama supporter?

:wink:

Isn't it interesting how much controversy this Palin selection is causing - look at the statistics - this thread was created August 14, 2008 and has had 8,587 views. Compare that with the Presidential thread created on July 28, 2008 which has 8,752 views. NOTHING McCain could have done would have created such a furor (especially on the "left") than this pick.

That's because Palin is hot. I'd like to get a smooch from her. :combust:

hobbes.jpg

.....the Evangelicals - when I countered that it may just strengthen that support he got angry - we now know that it indeed has strengthened that support. Not only has the base been so offended by some on the left, the middle america "Mom" has been as well.

I have a BRILLIANT idea!!!! Obama's daughters should get pregnant!!! NOW!!! I don't care which one..the older one, the younger one, doesn't matter. Just as long as they decide to KEEP THE BABY---and Barack and Michelle SUPPORT THE DAUGHTER! :love: Wow, then maybe Barack can then finally win over the support of Bible-thumping vapid Evangelicals! Maybe they'll say that Barack and Michelle are doing what any GOOD AMERICAN, CHRISTIAN family would do! Maybe they can IDENTIFY WITH the Obama family!

Or maybe they'll just go back to saying "BLAME THE PARENTS!"

:sexywink:

Just an editorial on how ridiculous it is that this is becoming a lightning rod of unity among Evangelicals and conservatives....when if it were their neighbor, a celebrity, or anyone at all other than the Repub VP or a family member, there'd instead be a swift lightning rod of judgment. Again, it really shouldn't be a public issue or a political issue at all. But it just makes the hypocrisy stink to high heaven.

Interesting. That was relatively quick and well further out from the election, but not too dissimilar in a few ways. I think it would be fairly obvious to suggest though that if she doesn’t quit/get the kick by the end of this week, there’s no way she’s going before the election.

Another question: Is it mandatory for every US politician or a member of their family to have had a drink driving issue at some point? Is that written in your constitution somewhere?

Hey, I'm not the religious fanatic(s) praying for torrential rains. If these people's prayers were "answered", wouldn't there have been innocent people hurt/affected? Why pray for others to incur pain? Don't they preach of love & family and being pro-life?

I'm so confused. That's why I never post in FYM.

Hey, I'm not the religious fanatic(s) praying for torrential rains. If these people's prayers were "answered", wouldn't there have been innocent people hurt/affected? Why pray for others to incur pain? Don't they preach of love & family and being pro-life?

I'm so confused. That's why I never post in FYM.

That's why you should post more here..it's a wacky wacky world out there and some of it is covered in FYM.:huh:

I lurk on occasion, depending upon the topic. I just usually don't have anything to contribute. The regulars who I agree with do a damn fine job :up:

So no other comment about the religious praying for a disaster? Isn't that hypocritical? :scratch:

runaway.gif

I frankly am one of those conservatives that is sick and tired of it... every time I turn on the TV. I don't know what democratic punk pundit they had on CNN tonight before the convention, but he was like... "this is a story that won't go away".

Such BS.

I frankly am one of those conservatives that is sick and tired of it... every time I turn on the TV. I don't know what democratic punk pundit they had on CNN tonight before the convention, but he was like... "this is a story that won't go away".

Such BS.

erm, is it just Democrats who are talking about this? it seems it's the Republicans who are on TV "defending" the pick and explaining away the drip-drip-drip of strangeness.

and it's only been 72 hours.

did the McCain campaign not see this coming? i thought she was thoroughly vetted?

it is interesting to note, the McCain campaign is lashing out at CNN for simply asking for a single example of Palin commanding the Alaska National Guard — as retribution, they pulled McCain off Larry King tonight.

Such BS.

"The media" is neither liberal nor conservative. It is, instead, a circus.

Cue Palin and her controversies, and you've basically given the circus exactly what they crave.

"The media" is neither liberal nor conservative. It is, instead, a circus.

Cue Palin and her controversies, and you've basically given the circus exactly what they crave.

Agree. Regardless of the pundits, the bloggers and forum posters have shocked me. I'm afraid the backlash is real. If my daughter and wife are shocked by the reaction, I'm sure other households like mine are having a similar reaction.

Oh no. Thompson is now recapping John McCain's POW experience. I will not be able to tolerate the spasms/convulsions that I'm sure every Obama supporter is going through now. How dare they bring up stuff that has nothing to do with qualifications for being president!

How many conservatives to do we have in FYM? 8?:wave:

Agree. Regardless of the pundits, the bloggers and forum posters have shocked me. I'm afraid the backlash is real. If my daughter and wife are shocked by the reaction, I'm sure other households like mine are having a similar reaction.

Oh no. Thompson is now recapping John McCain's POW experience. I will not be able to tolerate the spasms/convulsions that I'm sure every Obama supporter is going through now. How dare they bring up stuff that has nothing to do with qualifications for being president!

How many conservatives to do we have in FYM? 8?:wave:

why don't you go read the Republican Convention thread instead of making self-righteous, self-serving judgments about others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom