Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly the right thing to say. :up:

part 1

Ann Dunham was a pregnant unmarried 17 year old.

Bristol Palin is a pregnant unmarried 17 year old.

If Roe v Wade were the law of the land in the 1960s there is a chance, and it may be fair to say a good chance that Obama would have been aborted.

The fact that anyone on the left, is even looking to gain any kind of advantage with this very, very common situation is bizarre.

part 2

Now, lets get back to the real story here,
I heard that the Palin's have an undocumented worker in their household, and Mr Palin knocked her up.

She blackmailed them, they gave her $100,000 and got the baby, and the woman has left the country.

Oh deep, how can we ever trust your judgment again? :sad:

If the woman had just written that Palin had Trig
and Bristol is pregnant, or may be pregnant.

I would not have said it was "creative writing."

Where did I ever say Bristol is not pregnant?

What I did say is that Trig is Sarah's baby.

It is a rather long piece with all this creative crap thrown in about Palin family, their judgment, etc.

If Roe v Wade were the law of the land in the 1960s there is a chance, and it may be fair to say a good chance that Obama would have been aborted.

Interracial relationships were deeply frowned upon by society in general when she was pregnant too. I guess that means there was a good chance they never would have gotten together.

Well guess what happened?

This is nothing but idle speculation on your part, and you're reaching quite a bit beyond credibility. Unless I'm mistaken, you do not know Obama's mother, nor do you know what her thoughts on abortion were.

And here you are complaining about people creating something out of nothing. :up:

If the woman had just written that Palin had Trig
and Bristol is pregnant, or may be pregnant.

I would not have said it was "creative writing."

Where did I ever say Bristol is not pregnant?

What I did say is that Trig is Sarah's baby.

It is a rather long piece with all this creative crap thrown in about Palin family, their judgment, etc.

Nice dodge.

You called her a fraud. The gist of her story turns out to be true. Sounds like a case of bad judgment on your part.

give me a break

what else could he say ??

Bristol Palin is his mother.

You gave McCain props for not pulling a dick move by announcing his VP pick during Obama's convention speech - as if it was a class move. But yes, clearly, Obama denouncing these stories is merely political positioning.

Give us a break.

part 1

The fact that anyone on the left, is even looking to gain any kind of advantage with this very, very common situation is bizarre.

I don't think anyone here is "looking to gain any kind of an advantage with this." I think that some of us are just pointing out that you may not (gasp) have the perfectly unbiased thought processes that you claim to have, and as such, are not a special arbiter of The Truth.

Like I said last night, in the grand scheme of things, a teen pregnancy story is kind of boring and pedestrian. However, rather than provide an example of a praiseworthy family who has pulled together in a time of crisis, I think it much better illustrates what abstinence training is likely to get you. As well, looking into this story has given me proof that Palin's judgment is warped, at best. In her own pregnancy, who the hell travels for hours and hours by plane when she has an amniotic leak, and she's carrying a special needs child? Not a devoted mother who cares deeply for the wellbeing of her unborn child. Those are some fucked-up priorities, right there. The woman's a nutcase.

One heartbeat away from the presidency, indeed. :shudder:

Nice dodge.

You called her a fraud. The gist of her story turns out to be true. Sounds like a case of bad judgment on your part.

so you are admitting that I never said Bristol is or was not pregnant?

but, I consistently and early on said that Trig was Sarah's baby. And got it right.

so you are admitting that I never said Bristol is or was not pregnant?

but, I consistently and early on said that Trig was Sarah's baby. And got it right.

good for you, you did get it right. But once again you dodge. Did you or did you not call this woman a fraud?

part 1

Ann Dunham was a pregnant unmarried 17 year old.

Bristol Palin is a pregnant unmarried 17 year old.

part 2

Now, lets get back to the real story here,
I heard that the Palin's have an undocumented worker in their household, and Mr Palin knocked her up.

She blackmailed them, they gave her $100,000 and got the baby, and the woman has left the country.

fodder for the floggers?

<>

You gave McCain props for not pulling a dick move by announcing his VP pick during Obama's convention speech - as if it was a class move. But yes, clearly, Obama denouncing these stories is merely political positioning.

Give us a break.

On McCain

I will admit,

that if McCain rolled Palin out during Obama speech

it would have made his look like an ass.

and even if it started leaking, and was buzzing on the news detracting form Obama, he would have been open to the charge of intentional leak.

What happens when you don't vet people...

They've bragged that Palin opposed the famous "Bridge to Nowhere," only to learn that Palin supported the project and even told residents of Ketchikan that they weren't "nowhere" to her. After the national outcry, she decided to spend the funds allocated to the bridge for something else. Actually, maybe it's more fair to say that coincident with the national outcry, she changed her mind. The story shows her political judgment, but it is not a reformer's credential.

Likewise, though she cut taxes as mayor of Wassila, she raised the sales tax, making her hardly a tax cutter.

She denied pressuring the state's chief of public safety to fire her sister-in-law's husband even though there's mounting evidence that the impetus did indeed come from her. Ostensibly to clear her name, Palin asked her attorney general to open an independent investigation—the legislature had already been investigating. (I am told that the campaign was aware of the ethics complaint filed against her but accepts Palin's account.)

McCain's campaign seemed unaware that she supported a windfalls profits tax on oil companies and that she is more skeptical about human contributions to global warming than McCain is.

They did not know that she took trips as the mayor of Wasilla to beg for earmarks.

They did not know that she told a television interviewer this summer that she did not fully understand what it is that a vice president does.

Here.

I don't think anyone here is "looking to gain any kind of an advantage with this." I think that some of us are just pointing out that you may not (gasp) have the perfectly unbiased thought processes that you claim to have, and as such, are not a special arbiter of The Truth.

first, I consistently admit I have bias, we all do

when I find myself being drawn to a conclusion

I try and push back, and disassociate, and just analize what really is there or not there.

That is why in the mist of the Obama/ Jeremiah Wright controversies, when the Michele Obama screams "Whitey" video crap was flying around.

My rational brain said yes, there are tapes of Michele saying
'America is a down right mean country.'
' for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country'
'Obama could get shot going to the gas station, he's a black man'

But all of that
does not mean Michele Obama
would take the stage somewhere with Wright and Farakhan
and "scream down with whitey".

and if a "grainy cell phone video, with poor audio' was proffered , I would have said something like
I am 95% sure that is bullshit.

There's 1,001 more valid reasons to oppose the McCain/Palin ticket than Palin's 17-year-old daughter being pregnant.

For Bristol's sake I hope this whole furor dies down in a few days.

I think this Sue Williams is a fraud.

and that whole blog is full of anti-McCain anti-Palin writings

the piece you posted is just a thinly disguised bit of creative writing
with enough tid bits thrown in to lead some people to believe it is legit.

good for you, you did get it right. But once again you dodge. Did you or did you not call this woman a fraud?

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, campaigning today in Monroe, Michigan, said Palin's children should be ``off limits'' and cited his own mother, who gave birth to Obama when she was 18.

``This shouldn't be part of our politics, it has no relevance to Governor Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president, and so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,'' Obama told reporters.

Obama also said his campaign wasn't involved in spreading rumors that Bristol was Trig's mother.

``We don't go after people's families,'' Obama said. ``If I ever thought that there was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that, they'd be fired.''

Alaskan Independence Party

She was a member even before she became a mayor.

Why does Sarah Palin hate America?

It's just this kind of utter nonsense that worries me. There is NOTHING in this short speech stating she "hates America" - where the hell do you get that from??? If anything the fact that a Republican politely address the Independence party shows she is open minded and not a party cronie like 95% of Democrats and Republicans. Your playing into a dangerous game that some on the so called left have flung themselves...the more you nitpick this woman the worse it's going to get for Obama. The sad thing is Obama's smarter than that. Too bad many of his party are not. Smarten up, or you'll get the Republicans for another four years. Don't say I didn't warn you either.

I really do feel bad for the girl. She shouldn't have to deal with this in the public eye. I'm really interested to see the reactions of the staunch Right-wingers to this news. Are they going to throw Palin under the bus, or will they be able to forgive and forget?
Is it Freaky Friday? Did Sarah Palin take over her daughters body and get knocked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom