Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this Sue Williams is a fraud.

and that whole blog is full of anti-McCain anti-Palin writings

the piece you posted is just a thinly disguised bit of creative writing
with enough tid bits thrown in to lead some people to believe it is legit.

that baby only has one mother

the mother is Sarah

To be honest, I could care less...

I say let the cards fall where they may.

I didn't want to believe the Edwards story, but I refrained from making such statements.

I find it a little troubling that one of the few persons that was sceptical about everything and everyone at one time has lately been blindedly accepting everything he reads.

I think this Sue Williams is a fraud.

and that whole blog is full of anti-McCain anti-Palin writings

the piece you posted is just a thinly disguised bit of creative writing
with enough tid bits thrown in to lead some people to believe it is legit.

Maybe. Maybe not. I have no idea. The picture sure looks like a heavily pregnant girl to me, though. And if you go to the link I posted for the picture, two down from that one is a group shot from the People shoot. In it you can see a front view of Bristol, but she's holding her brother in front of her abdomen.

I guess time will tell, because if it's true, there's no way they could keep it hidden.

I find it a little troubling that one of the few persons that was sceptical about everything and everyone at one time has lately been blindedly accepting everything he reads.

yes. a lot of people are blindly believing this crap about Palin they are reading.
I think they are letting their bias guide them

but, being a skeptic, and a rational thinker, when I put any and all bias aside
I easily concluded the stories were crap

much like I did with the Michelle Obama, ranting "whitey" on video story.

any non bias, non paranoid thinker should be able to conclude that the likelihood of that video existing is next to nil.

To be honest, I could care less...

I didn't want to believe the Edwards story, but I refrained from making such statements.

That is the problem

wanting to believe something
or not wanting to believe it

has no bearing on whether or not it is true

only the arguments one makes

if a person really does not care

they don't spent time writing things that contribute to spreading the story.

The cost-benefit makes little sense, if it was faked why would she make it into a political issue and take the VP nomination? Why would the GOP allow her to slip into the nomination, I was under the impression that they do at least some investigation into a candidates liabilities and don't just pull a name out of a hat.

Her political career would be battered if she was only the governor, given her acceptance of VP candidacy it would leave her as the scapegoat for a 2008 loss and ruin future options.

These rabid attacks only reflect poorly on some of Obama's supporters reinforcing the perceptions of misogyny, if nothing else this sort of rhetoric can make people stay at home and cut into the turnout advantage that Obama should enjoy.

Palin keeps experience and sexism as issues in the narrative, ones that can play against Obama.

I guess I care deeply, then?

Not really, I'm just bored and not tired yet.

Sometimes, where there's smoke, there's also fire, as there was in the Edwards story. In any case, if it is her daughter, it's much less politically damaging to her than a crazy Victorian 'I'm raising my daughter's baby as my own' scenario is. That's stolen from a plot line from Desperate Housewives, for goodness sake.

Ultimately, the Dems would be best not to touch this one with a 10 foot pole, and I doubt they will. I have a feeling McCain/Palin will implode all on their own.

Oh surprise...more personal shit coming from you...:applaud:

Sorry, mate. Just commenting on the fact that if one were to make blanket, forum-damning statements in two threads, one should at least read all the threads and posts under that blanket. Next step: erase the name of the poster and read what it says. Or make your opinion from the get-go. I don't give a flying fuck what you think about me, as I've already seen that your thoughts are waffling, attention-seeking and attacking, despite claiming to "see both sides." I'm sorry, I have no medication for paranoia and social aggression. :sad: Answer what you will, I don't give a shit. :shrug: If you're true to you word, see you back when the election's over! :wave:

I guess I care deeply, then?

Ultimately, the Dems would be best not to touch this one with a 10 foot pole, and I doubt they will. I have a feeling McCain/Palin will implode all on their own.

True, if your presented scenario is correct it's a no win for the Dems; the right will always be able to say "yes, told you so we're pro life, what's your problem?"-period.

<>

That is the problem

wanting to believe something
or not wanting to believe it

has no bearing on whether or not it is true

only the arguments one makes

:shrug:

the story is out there. it is going to be talked about. it may well turn out to be false. the "whitey" story turned out to be false. i see nothing wrong with the little people in here -- who are not Andrew Sullivan, who are not CNN, nor are not DailyKos -- debating the *existence* of a story as a grand moral failing and evidence of a desire to have Palin swift boated in the way that Kerry was. it's fun to be self-righteous, i know, but it's pretty transparent.

looking at the story, the only piece of information that i find compelling at all is why she would fly 8 hours, including a stopover in Seattle, when her water had broke.

that simply doesn't make any sense at all.

the photos, the videos, etc. none of that was compelling to me.

but perhaps i can look to you for guidance in the future to look at things without bias. everyone knows you've been the only honest broker on all the Obama stuff and you've never delved into the non-story of Rezko or Ayers or any thing else..

The cost-benefit makes little sense, if it was faked why would she make it into a political issue and take the VP nomination? Why would the GOP allow her to slip into the nomination, I was under the impression that they do at least some investigation into a candidates liabilities and don't just pull a name out of a hat.

they usually do. but this seems to have been a particularly impulsive pick on McCain's part.

you can't possibly. you mentioned this story. you want the polar bear to eat the baby.

you're right.

i made up the story.

it was evil of me to mention that the story was even out there.

how i'll sleep at night is beyond me.

got any advice?

if u want to ignore the fact that you were a gossip monger perpetuating a falsehood by left leaning "floggers"-that's your preogative.

i won't condemn you.

<>

if u want to ignore the fact that you were a gossip monger perpetuating a falsehood by left leaning "floggers"-that's your preogative.

i won't condemn you.

<>

:lol:

do you even know what a flogger is?

it seems to me that you are in absolutely no position whatsoever to be calling others "gossip mongers."

go back and read every single one of my posts and point out to me where i claimed this was true, and where i rejoiced in the fact that it was true, and please show me where i didn't post evidence that contradicted some of the claims initially made by various other blogs, and please show me where i didn't point out that many other liberal blogs were condemning this story.

the truth is,

if this story has an honest broker in here in FYM,

it is me. i'm the only one who's presented information that supports and doesn't support this story. and i was also curious in exploring what the story could or could not mean to the overall campaign.

no dramatics on my part.

but you go ahead and make me into the bad man you need. we know some need an enemy. :up:

Thank you!!!!! Which is why the war coul dhave waited. There was no immediate danger to the US or her allies.

Waiting would have only allowed Saddam more time to strengthen his capabilities given the collapse of sanctions and the weapons embargo. The longer you wait at that point, the higher the cost becomes in terms of casualties and money once action is taken.

I really do feel bad for the girl. She shouldn't have to deal with this in the public eye. I'm really interested to see the reactions of the staunch Right-wingers to this news. Are they going to throw Palin under the bus, or will they be able to forgive and forget?

How does one prove that one does not have what one has destroyed? :hmm:

The dismantlement and destruction of WMD materials leaves remains that can be examined to verify that it indeed happened.

SInce we cannot prove they have it, and they cannot prove they don't we shall pick and choose from intelligence reports..... to scare people after 9/11 into supporting this war

As Colin Powell correctly stated, its not incumbent upon the international community to prove that Saddam has WMD, its incumbent upon Saddam to prove that he does not.

As the CNN poll already showed, the majority of Americans already supported the use of US military force to remove Saddam from power PRIOR to 9/11.

And since the very intelligence reports we shall pick and choose from do not support action, we shall pick sentences out of context to make our case...

Saddam's non-compliance alone is enough to support military action, and none of the information that was not included in the NIE in 2002 would change the fact that Saddam was a threat that had to be removed. The idea that such information suggested Saddam was not a threat is absurd and would be in total contradiction to everything that the United States intelligence community, US military, 3 different Presidential administrations, intelligence agencies in other countries, and current and previous US military deployments and actions in the region since the end of the 1991 Gulf War.

...And we shall promise our congress that we will indeed go through the UN but because we are afraid of the French Veto we shall use a vaguely proposed resolution that scholars can debate forever...it shall be called RES 1441 and it shall give us just enough cover to make war.

The Resolution was not any more vague than the resolution that authorized the use of military force to remove Saddam from Kuwait in 1991.

And this shall ruin our ability to conduct honest foreign policy for years to come. Because even though it was the right thing to do...conducting it dishonestly...will Fuck us for generations.

Well, there are some people out there that passionately believe that. But with NATO conducting its largest military operation in history outside of Europe, less than a decade after it struggled to actually intervene in a conflict within Europe, it appears their beliefs are incorrect. The cherry picking by those opposed to the administration is not going to change the fact that no one lied.

Throw her under the bus? I don't think so. In fact, she is the model of what the right wingers would expect. Pregnant, but keeping the baby, and marrying the father. And mostly likely, fully supported by the Feminists for Life - Women Deserve Better , which helps teens like this still go to college, pursue their careers, etc... by encouraging extended family (and the father's family) to get involved.

Yay!

Kind of puts a dent into the other story though huh? She's five months pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom