Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's silly. has she had cancer 4 times? my grandfather's mother and aunts lived until their late 90s. that didn't stop him from dying of cancer when he was 76.

it's a legitimate concern. and given McCain's various senior moments on the campaign trail this year -- something, to their credit, the Obama campaign has not pounced on -- we have reason to be concerned we'll get Reagan's second term during McCain's first.

While there are always exceptions to everything, genetic factors are considered very important in living to 100 or beyond. Its not irrelevent or silly. Reagan would have easily of won a third term.

i question his commitment to the country when it comes to this presidential race.

he gave us a gimmick as a VP. it was his responsibility to give us someone who could serve as president.

i'm not running the Obama campaign. i don't have to worry about these things.

i'm telling you what you know to be the bald-faced truth.

Palin is a gimmick. McCain has met her once.

McCain has failed in his first big decision as the nominee.

and you know it.

You can't be claiming Palin is not qualified to be President because of her experience and be supporting Obama.

This thread is two weeks old, and you certainly were not claiming she was unqualified before today.

It also has the potential to be a complete disaster, especially when the consitutional law professor and the foreign relations chair start talking to her about things like, well, the Constitution, international law, Zimbabwe, Georgia, etc. It'll be interesting to see the look on the face of the former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska as she tries to sound like someone we can feel confident with, as she stands next to the 72-year-old McCain, one breath away from being the leader of the free world.

But maybe you're right. Who cares about any of that if she can gut a Salmon and shoot a gun? If she can do that, then there's 40 million Americans who will want to have a beer with her. And we know what that means.

You hit it on the head. A "hot" gun toting, loving mother who you could have a beer with is more powerful than dozens of Harvard degrees!!! Seriously.

I think the novelty of the pick will wear off in a few days. After that, the reality will set in for most people.

Part of that reality is that she is the only one in the race who is truely from outside of Washington and the only one who actually has executive government experience.

I think she is going to pass the do no harm test, and she will likely pick up voters that McCain would not have received with a male candidate. Thats the reality were going to see.

she will likely pick up voters that McCain would not have received with a male candidate. Thats the reality were going to see.

She will pick up some voters, but lose droves of others. It will result in a net loss of voters.

The more I think about the more I say:

This was a bad move.
He's going to lose.

Eh, I don't think recent VP candidates have lost (or won) many votes. And my guess is the people wringing their hands about McCain's health won't be voting McCain anyway.

It's still about the top of the ticket.

While there are always exceptions to everything, genetic factors are considered very important in living to 100 or beyond. Its not irrelevent or silly. Reagan would have easily of won a third term.

McCain seems as sharp as Joe Biden
Biden has been bumbling a bit, lately

And in 2012 Biden will be about McCain's age now?

This thread is two weeks old, and you certainly were not claiming she was unqualified before today.

Actually, she was considered so unqualified that she--and the thread--weren't even taken seriously. Come on, this thread had like 35 posts before today.

deep, how much does it worry you that if she has to take over for McCain, she'll be the leader?

What with your concern for experience?

2 years executive experience in a small state is not very strong.

since we have been talking odds

what are the odds, in the next 4 years

worse case, 1 in 10 ?

2 years executive experience in a small state is not very strong.

since we have been talking odds

what are the odds, in the next 4 years

worse case, 1 in 10 ?

I worked in cancer research for 3 years before turning to the dark side. I don't like discussing odds there, something a bit morbid about it.

But a man with recurrent melanoma at his age - you have to understand that these things can pop up virtually overnight, particularly any lymph node spread.

And it has nothing to do with how healthy the individual otherwise is.

As I said, I always found these odds to be morbid. Because if it strikes you, it doesn't matter that it avoided 90% of other people.

WHO exactly will she "lose"????????

Harry have you watched Cafferty read out his e-mails and the comments on his blog today?

He said he was surprised that it was mostly negative.

Seems like a lot of Hillary voters, older pro-choice women offended that McCain thinks they are so stupid. A lot of the commentary ran along the lines of "Hillary didn't put 18 million cracks in the ceiling for this unaccomplished pro-life, gun-toting Creationist woman to ride her coat-tails." Maybe harsh, but then I feel a lot of this crowd has been harsh for most of the primary.

If McCain is smart, he knows these women won't and can't be won over. If he thinks they're ripe for the picking, think again.

Harry have you watched Cafferty read out his e-mails and the comments on his blog today?

He said he was surprised that it was mostly negative.

Seems like a lot of Hillary voters, older pro-choice women offended that McCain thinks they are so stupid. A lot of the commentary ran along the lines of "Hillary didn't put 18 million cracks in the ceiling for this unaccomplished pro-life, gun-toting Creationist woman to ride her coat-tails." Maybe harsh, but then I feel a lot of this crowd has been harsh for most of the primary.

If McCain is smart, he knows these women won't and can't be won over. If he thinks they're ripe for the picking, think again.

I think at the very top of the list for many women is sexism.

The kind of sexism that Chris Matthews throws around and even the shrill commentary by Keith Oberman attacking Hillary a few weeks back that so many of Obama supporters thought was so right on !!!!!

Regardless of pro-choice or pro-life, a woman lake Palin is a success story against sexism. And yes, women over a certain age be affected by her selection.

Regardless of pro-choice or pro-life, a woman lake Palin is a success story against sexism. And yes, women over a certain age be affected by her selection.

If you think that the feminists of the 60s and 70s who were so touched by Hillary personally are going to vote for a woman who wants to get rid of abortions even in cases of incest and rape, then I will say I think you've never been this wrong on this board.

yolland is right - this is not the crowd that can or will be won over. I don't even think McCain is so stupid that he thinks it to be the case.

Now STING will bring up Reagan Democrats - this is not who I'm talking about. I'm talking about the hardcore feminist crowd standing behind Hillary.

I think at the very top of the list for many women is sexism.

Regardless of pro-choice or pro-life, a woman lake Palin is a success story against sexism.
Didn't help Mondale too much. :shrug:
yolland is right - this is not the crowd that can or will be won over.
But hey--what about the prospect of all those disgruntled male Hillary supporters drooling over this moose-shootin', hook-baitin' babe? You know how bullheaded and irrational those types can be when their hormones get drawn into it...

A couple of days ago STING was saying that McCain would be better off with Ridge because he needed to get the independents and the moderates.

All day today we've heard about evangelicals celebrating this ultra-social-conservative woman. I wonder if McCain will try to tone that down a bit because hearing how super duper fired up the extreme religious right is can't possibly be reassuring to moderates in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom