Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H V

take a deep breath :wink:

count to thirty

and don't just go with a gut reaction

1. Romney won over many conservatives during the GOP primary

2. A couple of things about those Mormons, they are anti- gay marriage and strong pro-life (something the conservatives seem to agree with? maybe? )

now here is the part that you may need to prepare yourself for.

3. with the one term pledge from McCain and Romney as the V P, who would be the likely GOP nominee in 2012 ????? one guess >>>>> Romney :shrug:

but he is a smelly Mormon :barf:

the Democratic Nominee would have a cakewalk :yes:

and who would the Democratic nominee be?

not Obama, he is a loser :no:

I wonder who ???

Now, who will win the most if Romney if the nominee ????

(it is kind of like chess, a lot of strategy and planning 5 moves ahead. )

My brain hurts.

Interesting analysis, though.

I heard Bobby Jindal was a good choice for VP. Is he in the running, or is he too young?

I don't think he'll be picked. He is old enough, but I think he would make McCain's case against Obama's inexperience a little confusing. He's certainly the rising star in the party, though. I expect him to run for president somewhere down the line.

As it stands today (Aug. 20, 2008) it's either Romney or a great surprise choice. It WILL NOT be Ridge or Leiberman. The only two "surprise" pro-life choices would be Condalezza Rice or Sarah Palin. We'll have to wait and see.

If Obama picks Hillary Clinton as his veep then McCain will quite probably pick Romney. However, if Obama picks a white male then if McCain was really smart he'd go with Sarah Palin - loved by the evangelicals, loved by the fiscal conservatives AND she's a woman - do i hear the footsteps of thousands of bitter Hillary supporters running to that ticket? Probably. This would be the worst case scenerio for the democrats...sorry, there is one worse than that...McCain/Rice!!!

He's not going to pick a woman who is in the midst of being investigated for a political scandal, get real!

Rice doesn't want it and Rice would bring on more controversy...

There is no viable woman Republican.

I mean isn't that an oxymoron :wink:

ATTENTION: ALL OBAMA SUPPORTERS

You better hope that John McCain isn't smarter than you think and actually picks Sarah Palin as his choice for VP. It's looking like she'd be the perfect choice...here's why...

- A Woman ( she would no doubt bring thousands of Hillary supporters to McCains camp)

- Pro-Life The Evangelicals love her. Nuff said there.

- Conservative The economic conservatives love her. Nuff said there.

- 90 % approval rating in home state of Alaska

- She's not Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty or Tom Ridge

I'm afraid he's actually going to pick her. If he does, this sends the race into a whole new dimension, a dimension I find scary in that it would become a real possibility that the Republicans could keep the Whitehouse indefinately.

-

Wow, I thought about her much earlier in the race, but didn't think he was going with her a good while back. I agree with a lot of your points.

I will admit I'm surprised!

He just made it a lot easier. A woman being investigated for cronyism and corruption who has a grand total of 1.5 years of experience running the 4th smallest state. Terrific.

I will admit I'm surprised!

He just made it a lot easier. A woman being investigated for cronyism and corruption who has a grand total of 1.5 years of experience running the 4th smallest state. Terrific.

She has the highest approval rating of any politician in the country and is from outside of Washington in a way the Obama ticket could never claim to be. I can think of another pick that would have boosted the level of media attention on the McCain compaign or one that would increase the number of women voters for McCain than this pick.

Democratic strategist have admitted that many of Hillary's 18 million supporters are up for grabs and I can't think of another pick that would grab more of them than this one. I think its going to play really well in western Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Democratic strategist have admitted that many of Hillary's 18 million supporters are up for grabs and I can't think of another pick that would grab more of them than this one. I think its going to play really well in western Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Let me clue you in on something - Hillary's so-called "bitter" supporters who remember what "they did to us in the 60s" are not tripping over themselves to vote for an anti-choice pro-gun woman.

McCain must think women are so stupid and simple that they vote for vaginas only. Think again. My Mom who is 54 scoffed at the choice and she was a Hillary supporter before she moved on to Obama.

She has the highest approval rating of any politician in the country and is from outside of Washington in a way the Obama ticket could never claim to be. I can think of another pick that would have boosted the level of media attention on the McCain compaign or one that would increase the number of women voters for McCain than this pick.

yup. a purely political gamble.

oh, that Maverick McCain, always putting his country before politics ...

yup. a purely political gamble.

oh, that Maverick McCain, always putting his country before politics ...

I disagree. As someone on TV said earlier today, this move is classic McCain- picking a Washington outside, someone who nobody expected.

Let me clue you in on something - Hillary's so-called "bitter" supporters who remember what "they did to us in the 60s" are not tripping over themselves to vote for an anti-choice pro-gun woman.

McCain must think women are so stupid and simple that they vote for vaginas only. Think again. My Mom who is 54 scoffed at the choice and she was a Hillary supporter before she moved on to Obama.

Women overwhelmingly supported the anti-choice, pro-gun Reagan twice.

For many of Hillary's supporters, the fact that Sarah Palin is a women trumps her stance on Abortion. A pro-gun women will do well in states like Colorado, Ohio, and especially western Pennsylvania.

In addition, Democratic Catholic Women who are pro-choice will probably not be detered in voting for her because of that one issue.

The risk here is the scandel you talked of and her relative inexperience. The question is how much will the positives outweigh the negatives. I think its the type of chance McCain needs to take if he wants to have the best shot of winning in November. My choice would have been Ridge, with the risks being he was Pro-Choice, and a former member of the Bush administration. But I thought there was more to be gained than lost from selecting him. Although McCain did not select him, I think he has made a similar choice with Palin.

I disagree. As someone on TV said earlier today, this move is classic McCain- picking a Washington outside, someone who nobody expected.

and for someone who has made "experience" the centerpoint of his campaign,

why would he pick someone with no experience to be a heartbeat away from the presidency?

he's basically told us that if he believes that Sarah Palin can be president, then so can Obama. and any arguments against Palin are every bit as specious as arguments against Obama.

and for someone who has made "experience" the centerpoint of his campaign,

why would he pick someone with no experience to be a heartbeat away from the presidency?

he's basically told us that if he believes that Sarah Palin can be president, then so can Obama. and any arguments against Palin are every bit as specious as arguments against Obama.

I think there is definitely some risk here for McCain. But it will be difficult for the Obama team to target the bottom of McCains ticket, when the top of their ticket has the same weakness.

For many of Hillary's supporters, the fact that Sarah Palin is a women trumps her stance on Abortion.

This just goes to show you how much you and McCain don't know women at all.

It's actually very sexist view to think women are stupid enough to dismiss platform over sex.

I think there is definitely some risk here for McCain. But it will be difficult for the Obama team to target the bottom of McCains ticket, when the top of their ticket has the same weakness.

the flip side is that you can't attack the top of the ticket for "inexperience,"

when the first major decision you've made as a candidate, the person who is a heartbeat from the presidency, has all the "issues" you're attacking the top of the ticket for, only more so.

effectively, this removes "inexperience" from the campaign.

so we go back to judgment.

And you know this how?

Do you really believe that all of Hillary's women supporters who are pro-choice will not vote for the McCain ticket with Sarah Palin on it?

Democratic strategist have already admitted that these women are Obama's big weakness.

Was Hillary's campaign more about the fact that she was a women, or the fact that she was pro-choice?

the flip side is that you can't attack the top of the ticket for "inexperience,"

when the first major decision you've made as a candidate, the person who is a heartbeat from the presidency, has all the "issues" you're attacking the top of the ticket for, only more so.

effectively, this removes "inexperience" from the campaign.

so we go back to judgment.

Do you think McCain was winning with the inexperience arguement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom