Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:14 PM
If we put Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton next to each other, no one would think "my plan B!" They attract different types of voters. They have different beliefs. Yet put two female politicians together and they're perfect matches.

Black people didn't mindlessly vote for Obama based on his race- they started in Hillary's camp but started breaking for Obama over the course of the primary season.

Plus Strongbow hasn't shown any evidence that Hillary --> McCain supporters would be any kind of a bloc in the electorate. The PUMA demonstrations this week infamously failed.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
I still think Tom Ridge would have been the best choice, but I from a political strategy standpoint, Sarah Palin is better than Romney or Pawlenty.
I still say Romney would have been the best choice.

This will come down to the economy in the end. McCain's ticket is really thin here and he knows it. I think Romney sounds like a used car salesman, but he's at least credible in this respect.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:14 AM
Quote:
Commentary: Is McCain out of his mind?

By Paul Begala
CNN Contributor

Editor's note: Paul Begala, a Democratic strategist and CNN political contributor, was a political consultant for Bill Clinton's presidential campaign in 1992 and was counselor to Clinton in the White House. Begala is not a paid political consultant for any politicians or candidates. Click here for a rival view

Paul Begala says McCain's VP choice, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, is completely unqualified to be president.

(CNN) -- John McCain needs what Kinky Friedman calls "a checkup from the neck up."

In choosing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate he is not thinking "outside the box," as some have said. More like out of his mind.

Palin a first-term governor of a state with more reindeer than people, will have to put on a few pounds just to be a lightweight. Her personal story is impressive: former fisherman, mother of five. But that hardly qualifies her to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

For a man who is 72 years old and has had four bouts with cancer to have chosen someone so completely unqualified to become president is shockingly irresponsible. Suddenly, McCain's age and health become central issues in the campaign, as does his judgment.

In choosing this featherweight, McCain passed over Tom Ridge, a decorated combat hero, a Cabinet secretary and the former two-term governor of the large, complex state of Pennsylvania.

He passed over Mitt Romney, who ran a big state, Massachusetts; a big company, Bain Capital; and a big event, the Olympics.

He passed over Kay Bailey Hutchison, the Texas senator who is knowledgeable about the military, good on television, and -- obviously -- a woman.

He passed over Joe Lieberman, his best friend in the Senate and fellow Iraq Kool-Aid drinker.

He passed over former congressman, trade negotiator and budget director Rob Portman.

And he also passed over Mike Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas.

For months, the McCainiacs have said they will run on his judgment and experience. In his first presidential decision, John McCain has shown he is willing to endanger his country, potentially leaving it in the hands of someone who simply has no business being a heartbeat away from the most powerful, complicated, difficult job in human history.

interesting..
Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #94
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
There are already Hillary supporters who will be supporting McCain this fall regardless of todays choice. The question is, who would bring in more of them, Ridge or Palin?

not enough to make any difference, and possibly off-set by those who are going to look at Palin and say, "he really isn't serious, is he."

i think Ridge would have been his best choice.

there was the whole terror alert crap-fest that was used to scare up votes for Bush in 2004, but what killed Ridge was the fact that he's pro-choice.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I think Romney sounds like a used car salesman, but he's at least credible in this respect.
Fake Plastic Romney even had the hair for it. He's dreamy.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #96
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
If we put Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton next to each other, no one would think "my plan B!" They attract different types of voters. They have different beliefs. Yet put two female politicians together and they're perfect matches.

Black people didn't mindlessly vote for Obama based on his race- they started in Hillary's camp but started breaking for Obama over the course of the primary season.

Plus Strongbow hasn't shown any evidence that Hillary --> McCain supporters would be any kind of a bloc in the electorate. The PUMA demonstrations this week infamously failed.

Strongbow thinks that Iraq and Afghanistan are the same country.

why wouldn't he think that Palin and HRC are the same as well?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Besides being pro-choice, are there anything that would have disqualified Tom Ridge? His resume sounds moderately impressive.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This will come down to the economy in the end. McCain's ticket is really thin here
And Obama's isn't?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
Besides being pro-choice, are there anything that would have disqualified Tom Ridge? His resume sounds moderately impressive.
a member of the Bush administration wouldn't fly too well.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #100
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
And Obama's isn't?
One wants to continue to feed the rich, one wants to feed the middle class... you tell me.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
And Obama's isn't?

i guess you're right.

at least McCain is honest enough to say that he doesn't know much about the economy, and doesn't really care.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #102
Refugee

Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
not enough to make any difference, and possibly off-set by those who are going to look at Palin and say, "he really isn't serious, is he."

i think Ridge would have been his best choice.

there was the whole terror alert crap-fest that was used to scare up votes for Bush in 2004, but what killed Ridge was the fact that he's pro-choice.

I think Ridge would have been the better choice as well, but I'd say Palin is better than Romney or Pawlenty.

We'll just have to see where the polls are in 8 days in order to get an indication of the impact of this choice. The closer the election is going to be, the more a choice like this will probably have an impact.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier

we can agree that we really won't know how this is all going to go down until the middle of September.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier

would Palin have been picked if she were a man?
Old 08-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #105
Refugee

Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
would Palin have been picked if she were a man?
Would Hillary have been picked if she were a man?

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin