Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #901
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
^Please tell me that's Photo-shopped.
clearly.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #902
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:13 PM
Has there ever been a vice-candidate switch before?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #903
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
Has there ever been a vice-candidate switch before?

yes.

Thomas Eagleton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #904
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:13 PM
Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty
Old 09-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #905
She's the One

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

Like I said in another thread, McGovern stood by Eagleton 1000%.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #906
Refugee

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Isn't it interesting how much controversy this Palin selection is causing - look at the statistics - this thread was created August 14, 2008 and has had 8,587 views. Compare that with the Presidential thread created on July 28, 2008 which has 8,752 views. NOTHING McCain could have done would have created such a furor (especially on the "left") than this pick. We already have various conspiracy theories, as stupid and offensive as they are i.e. Palin's down's syndrome child is not really hers but her daughters...geez. These other outrageous "theories" about this being a ploy to bring in Romney or Lieberman are the most ridiculous I've ever heard - bringing in either would utterly destroy the momentum that John McCain has created with Palin. Are you people that naive that you actually cannot come to grasps with the fact that all of this is helping McCain. The only person who is responding the right way is Obama (thankfully!!!) - many of his "supporters" are frothing at the mouth about the pregnancy issue that it will backfire like nothing we've ever seen - they are playing right into the hands of the Republicans. I cannot believe how stupid some Democrats are (again, thankfully, Obama is not that stupid). Point in case: A political junkie friend of mine from New York who is a huge supporter of Obama called me yesterday. You could almost hear him salivating from the mouth about Palin's daughter being pregnant and how it would destroy her support from the Evangelicals - when I countered that it may just strengthen that support he got angry - we now know that it indeed has strengthened that support. Not only has the base been so offended by some on the left, the middle america "Mom" has been as well. This will be seen as an attack on Palin because she is a woman. I cannot stress enough what dangerous ground some Democrats are walking on. My only hope is that Obama refuses to stoop to their level. If he does not, there is still hope.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #907
Blue Crack Addict

Sarah Palin is the greatest thing since Dan Quayle...

McCain/Palin...warms my heart...
Old 09-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #908
Blue Crack Addict

And now she's a Crusadist?

Quote:
Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."
Here.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #909
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Isn't it interesting how much controversy this Palin selection is causing - look at the statistics - this thread was created August 14, 2008 and has had 8,587 views. Compare that with the Presidential thread created on July 28, 2008 which has 8,752 views. NOTHING McCain could have done would have created such a furor (especially on the "left") than this pick. We already have various conspiracy theories, as stupid and offensive as they are i.e. Palin's down's syndrome child is not really hers but her daughters...geez. These other outrageous "theories" about this being a ploy to bring in Romney or Lieberman are the most ridiculous I've ever heard - bringing in either would utterly destroy the momentum that John McCain has created with Palin. Are you people that naive that you actually cannot come to grasps with the fact that all of this is helping McCain. The only person who is responding the right way is Obama (thankfully!!!) - many of his "supporters" are frothing at the mouth about the pregnancy issue that it will backfire like nothing we've ever seen - they are playing right into the hands of the Republicans. I cannot believe how stupid some Democrats are (again, thankfully, Obama is not that stupid). Point in case: A political junkie friend of mine from New York who is a huge supporter of Obama called me yesterday. You could almost hear him salivating from the mouth about Palin's daughter being pregnant and how it would destroy her support from the Evangelicals - when I countered that it may just strengthen that support he got angry - we now know that it indeed has strengthened that support. Not only has the base been so offended by some on the left, the middle america "Mom" has been as well. This will be seen as an attack on Palin because she is a woman. I cannot stress enough what dangerous ground some Democrats are walking on. My only hope is that Obama refuses to stoop to their level. If he does not, there is still hope.
I would have thought you were the first to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon.

It's all just move by McCain. It cracks me up.

I honestly don't think anyone is frothing at the mouth at these stories, and conservatives don't get this, we don't care that your daughter is pregnant, we're interested in how you're all going to deal with the hypocricy... and guess what, the conservatives dealt with it just like we thought you would.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #910
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:13 AM
lol @ Palin

What a wacky person with a wacky life she is.....hot lady though....
Old 09-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #911
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:13 PM
Can we take religion out of politics yet?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #912
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
Can we take religion out of politics yet?
Anyone remember this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...omination.html

Quote:
Evangelicals asked to pray for rain at Barack Obama nomination

Stuart Shepard of Focus on the Family, one of America's leading evangelical groups, was shown in a video filmed at Denver's Invesco Field, where 75,000 are expected to cheer Mr Obama on Aug 28, asking Christians to pray for "torrential" rain.

"I'm talking 'umbrella-ain't-going-to-help-you rain," the former pastor and television meteorologist said. He explained on the video: "I'm still pro life, and I'm still in favour of marriage as being between one man and one woman. And I would like the next president who will select justices for the next Supreme Court to agree."

Since, you know, God is vengeful and all, should we "thank" FOTF for Hurricane Gustav? And is it a sign that, not only did Obama's nomination go flawlessly, but the "torrential rains" that did happen disrupted the Republican National Convention instead?

Is God an Obama supporter?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #913
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Isn't it interesting how much controversy this Palin selection is causing - look at the statistics - this thread was created August 14, 2008 and has had 8,587 views. Compare that with the Presidential thread created on July 28, 2008 which has 8,752 views. NOTHING McCain could have done would have created such a furor (especially on the "left") than this pick.
That's because Palin is hot. I'd like to get a smooch from her.

Quote:
.....the Evangelicals - when I countered that it may just strengthen that support he got angry - we now know that it indeed has strengthened that support. Not only has the base been so offended by some on the left, the middle america "Mom" has been as well.

I have a BRILLIANT idea!!!! Obama's daughters should get pregnant!!! NOW!!! I don't care which one..the older one, the younger one, doesn't matter. Just as long as they decide to KEEP THE BABY---and Barack and Michelle SUPPORT THE DAUGHTER! Wow, then maybe Barack can then finally win over the support of Bible-thumping vapid Evangelicals! Maybe they'll say that Barack and Michelle are doing what any GOOD AMERICAN, CHRISTIAN family would do! Maybe they can IDENTIFY WITH the Obama family!

Or maybe they'll just go back to saying "BLAME THE PARENTS!"

Just an editorial on how ridiculous it is that this is becoming a lightning rod of unity among Evangelicals and conservatives....when if it were their neighbor, a celebrity, or anyone at all other than the Repub VP or a family member, there'd instead be a swift lightning rod of judgment. Again, it really shouldn't be a public issue or a political issue at all. But it just makes the hypocrisy stink to high heaven.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #914
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post

Yes.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #915
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
Anyone remember this?

Evangelicals asked to pray for rain at Barack Obama nomination - Telegraph

Since, you know, God is vengeful and all, should we "thank" FOTF for Hurricane Gustav? And is it a sign that, not only did Obama's nomination go flawlessly, but the "torrential rains" that did happen disrupted the Republican National Convention instead?

is that what you call karma?

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin