Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #871
She's the One

Local Time: 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
-I was just thinking the other day that I've never even met anyone from Alaska, nor known anyone who's lived there. Sometimes an insider's perspective, partisanship notwithstanding, can be invaluable in making sense of some political phenomenon or person in the context of the political subculture that produced them. Especially when it's as remote a place as Alaska.
A co-worker's brother used to live in Alaska. She told me Friday that after Palin took over as governor, everything went Republican and he left the state. Another co-worker's daughter still lives there. I'm sure my co-worker will have something to say today.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #872
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:51 AM
if palin was an already known public figure the majority of these things would be no big deal. the fact that we don't know who she is is why all the so called red flags are now such a big deal. there are certainly tons of red flags in biden, obama and mccain's past history but they are all already known by the public. last week the democrats hailed a guy who drunkenly drove off a bridge and killed a woman as a hero. this week we're picking through a teenager's myspace page and blasting someone because her daughter got pregers. this woman is an unknown, so all her skeletons are "shocking." to blast her for her lack of experience and her stance on the issues is one thing... to give her hell because of the relatively tame red marks she has on her record is utterly ridiculous.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #873
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
blast her for her lack of experience and her stance on the issues is one thing... to give her hell because of the relatively tame red marks she has on her record is utterly ridiculous.
prolly one of your most honest and objective posts in eons.

<>
Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #874
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Believe me it's very calculated.

It is worse than the so-called "drive by media" and very few of the listeners catch on to that.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #875
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Nothing he said really surprises me - he's a 17 year-old-guy, I'm sure he's not the only one with these views.

That said, I can't figure out how any thinking person could conclude that the best thing to do is to have this boy committed to marriage. He's sure mature enough for it!

And John McCain's judgment is pathetic with respect to Palin.
This was my earlier point...although not stated so well.

I do not understand the point of directing them to marriage. marriage is not going to make things better for these two TEENAGERS. Will it make things better in the eyes of voters? Possibly.

Gay marriage is bad, but making two teens get married because they are pregnant is OK? Makes perfect sense.

God Bless America.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #876
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:51 AM
I blame Harry Vest for this whole mess.

It's quite obvious that McCain's people scour Interference for campaign ideas (especially HV's FYM threads, because -- as everyone knows -- Harry Vest has his finger on the pulse of the typical US voter) and when they saw this thread it suddenly dawned on them: "Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!" So he did.

Damn you, Harry. It's all your fault!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #877
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
I blame Harry Vest for this whole mess.

It's quite obvious that McCain's people scour Interference for campaign ideas (especially HV's FYM threads, because -- as everyone knows -- Harry Vest has his finger on the pulse of the typical US voter) and when they saw this thread it suddenly dawned on them: "Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!" So he did.

Damn you, Harry. It's all your fault!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #878
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:51 AM
Quote:
if palin was an already known public figure the majority of these things would be no big deal. the fact that we don't know who she is is why all the so called red flags are now such a big deal. there are certainly tons of red flags in biden, obama and mccain's past history but they are all already known by the public.
That's true. Should the Obama pastor crap have happened in September or October, it could've been crushing. Now, it's mostly forgotten by everyone except those who probably wouldn't have voted for him anyway. The fact that little things like these are perceived as big deals simply because Palin is a new face is perhaps yet another example of why she was such a poor choice. Had he announced her as his choice in, say, June, there would have been plenty of time for it all to have blown over by Election Day. Now, she has two months---and during all of that time, the investigation will be going on, and I'm sure a few more skeletons will come out, as well. Far too close to the big day to bring in somebody who's got a fresh history for mining.

Like I said----Just wait until the pre-Miss Wasilla nude pictures come out.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #879
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
to blast her for her lack of experience and her stance on the issues is one thing... to give her hell because of the relatively tame red marks she has on her record is utterly ridiculous.

i agree.

but i think most of us are blasting McCain, not Palin and certainly not her poor daughter.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #880
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
prolly one of your most honest and objective posts in eons.

<>
i'd like to think my posts calling mitt romney an utter douchebag were pretty honest and objective as well.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #881
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i agree.

but i think most of us are blasting McCain, not Palin and certainly not her poor daughter.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #882
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
i'd like to think my posts calling mitt romney an utter douchebag were pretty honest and objective as well.

undoubtedly.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #883
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:51 AM
1. I watched one of the major news networks last night and it gave this statistic.

30% of girls under the age of 20 become pregnant.

again, the Bristol Palin and Obama's mama stories are unremarkable, that is why people that are not supporting Obama have not tried to exploit the fact that his mom got pregnant when she was 17 and unmarried.

At the DNC speech, Obama described it as a "brief encounter"

2. as for the vetting

Quote:
McCain: Palin Vetting Was "Thorough"

By Robert Barnes

PHILADELPHIA -- John McCain's campaign has worked aggressively to shoot down questions about whether it adequately investigated the background of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin before he selected her as his running mate.

Today, McCain himself weighed in, albeit briefly.

"The vetting process was completely thorough and I'm grateful for the results," John McCain said during a campaign stop this morning at Engine Company 56 of the Philadephia Fire Department.

His aides have said nothing has emerged in news reports about Palin that McCain and the campaign did not know before selecting her, including that her 17-year-old daughter Bristol was pregnant.

3. and as for everyone that says, I just feel sorry, for that poor girl, Bristol.

get real

she lives in a small town,
and every news report I have read said everybody in that small town knew about her situation
Old 09-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #884
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Well it's a good thing those news reports weren't written by frauds and full of tidbits meant to make them appear legit.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #885
Blue Crack Addict

Oh well if McCain says he vetted, it must be true!

Give me a break.

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin