Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #61
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Do you really believe that all of Hillary's women supporters who are pro-choice will not vote for the McCain ticket with Sarah Palin on it?

Democratic strategist have already admitted that these women are Obama's big weakness.

Was Hillary's campaign more about the fact that she was a women, or the fact that she was pro-choice?


the fact that she was a pro-choice woman seeking the highest office of the land and had earned 18 million votes.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 11:08 AM
SNL will have to bring back Tina Fey to portray her in political skits.
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #63
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Do you think McCain was winning with the inexperience arguement?


McCain has never been winning in this campaign.

i think it was an argument he was poised to use. that, and the garbage "celebrity" stuff that's now foolish and moot.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #64
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
This just goes to show you how much you and McCain don't know women at all.

It's actually very sexist view to think women are stupid enough to dismiss platform over sex.
Oh yes, I forgot that all women are single issue voters and would never vote for someone that is pro-life. It could also be considered sexist to view women as only concerned about one issue.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #65
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
McCain has never been winning in this campaign.

i think it was an argument he was poised to use. that, and the garbage "celebrity" stuff that's now foolish and moot.
Well then, from a political strategy standpoint, you must be impressed with McCain's choice then.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Oh yes, I forgot that all women are single issue voters and would never vote for someone that is pro-life. It could also be considered sexist to view women as only concerned about one issue.


well, you seem to think that women are only going to vote for a woman because she's a woman and that no other issues matter.

so you really have no argument here.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
SNL will have to bring back Tina Fey to portray her in political skits.
I thought I was the only one who thought she looked like Tina Fey.
__________________
JCOSTER is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #68
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Well then, from a political strategy standpoint, you must be impressed with McCain's choice then.


i see what they were thinking.

it also, for me, debunks any notion of "honor" or whatever nonsense that McCain thinks he can run his brand on.

he's as empty and soulless and calculating and political as any other member of Congress. maybe even more so.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Do you really believe that all of Hillary's women supporters who are pro-choice will not vote for the McCain ticket with Sarah Palin on it?
It's not just pro-choice, she's pro-gun and a Creationist. You think this speaks to Hillary's supporters who fought for women's rights in the 60s? I can't see my mother or aunts or any of their friends voting for her, they are not so stupid so as to not see past a vagina you know.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #70
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
well, you seem to think that women are only going to vote for a woman because she's a woman and that no other issues matter.

so you really have no argument here.
When it comes to being a women vs. being Pro-Choice, I think we know which issue in this election year has been the driving force for many of Hillary's supporters.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #71
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Oh yes, I forgot that all women are single issue voters and would never vote for someone that is pro-life. It could also be considered sexist to view women as only concerned about one issue.
Single issue? I didn't realize her being a woman was an issue. What does Palin bring to Democrat women? They have ovaries?

Pro-choice women (or men for that fact) are not going to vote for a pro-life ticket that may get to appoint judges, it's not going to happen.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
When it comes to being a women vs. being Pro-Choice, I think we know which issue in this election year has been the driving force for many of Hillary's supporters.
Yes, and she was running for President.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i see what they were thinking.

it also, for me, debunks any notion of "honor" or whatever nonsense that McCain thinks he can run his brand on.

he's as empty and soulless and calculating and political as any other member of Congress. maybe even more so.

Irvine, what took so long? I picked up on this in 2004 when he spent a year denouncing Bush's handling of Iraq, and then went ahead and spoke at the convention as if Bush were God's gift to mankind.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #74
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
When it comes to being a women vs. being Pro-Choice, I think we know which issue in this election year has been the driving force for many of Hillary's supporters.
Maybe you should take a poll, we might learn something about women...
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
mobvok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: boom clap
Posts: 4,428
Local Time: 09:08 AM
Huh! Interesting choice. Looks like Harry and McCain are on the same wavelength.

I read an interesting point though about Palin somehow vacuuming up women Hillary voters- basically, their hero has been replaced by a younger, more attractive, less qualified substitute. That sounds kind of bad.
__________________

__________________
mobvok is offline  
 

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com