Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2008, 01:21 AM   #526
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
the V P has no authority of portfolio, what difference does it make?

will this VP be prepared for the 3am phone call saying John McCain has been incapacitated by a stroke and, oh yes, Russia has just invaded Poland?

Quote:
several times you have conceded that the person you want to be President, Commander in Chief has a lack of experience problem

erm, what? i think there's the *perception* of an experience problem, and i think Obama is certainly lacking in the number of years of experience in comparison to John McCain, but i have consistently said that judgment trumps experience, and i consistently point ot the examples of Cheney and Rumsfeld.

what's so great about the Palin pick is that McCain has just said that he agrees with me -- that it obviously isn't about experience in the traditional sense, it's about judgment. he thinks so highly of Obama, he's selected someone with even less measurable, quantifiable experience to be the person ready to take over should he become incapacitated.

it's a ringing endorsement if ever there was one.

Quote:
If Lloyd Benson was the Presidential Nominee and Dukakis was the V P nominee in 1988
running against Dan Quayle for President with GHW Bush as V P.

Benson-Dukakis would have beat Qualye-Bush 1

I also believe is the tickets were reversed this year
Biden-Obama would easily beat Palin-McCain

all the Obama people seen to be wanting a repeat of Cheney-in-charge

only this time it would be Biden-in-charge?

Palin, and Biden should be as important Dan Qualye was to Bush 1

or even Gore to Clinton, Gore may have been more competent than Qualye,
but Clinton could have gotten by without him.

i don't have any idea what you're talking about here.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #527
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I'm not attacking anyone. If I were speaking those words instead of typing them, I wouldn't be yelling them. I wouldn't be saying them forcefully. I'd be saying them in a firm but calm manner.

And I don't know what you mean by 'everyone'. I don't recall attacking anyone. Certainly not anything that warrants being labeled a 'raging lunatic'.
Everyone that disagrees with you, kind of simple terminology, no? And, to me, you are coming off like a lunatic. Lunatics usually do not recognize such behavior in themselves. You also spew a lot of nonsense, which makes me sad, since we lean the same way.

That is all, I will remove myself and go back where I belong.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:28 AM   #528
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
On which counts am I wrong?

Quote:
1. consistently pro-life for his whole political career,
2. who has consistently held anti-gay positions,
3. who has consistently wanted to limit embryonic stem cell research, etc etc?
1. his whole political career ? he tried to get the GOP platform changed to allow for abortion in the case of rape and incest in 2000 and even spoke in favor of that in 2007. Pro-lifers want no abortions, for any reason

2. he has no problem with 'civil unions' does not support changing 'marriage' to include gays - exactly the same as Obama, Bush and many conservatives oppose 'civil unions"

Quote:
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who is running for the Republican presidential nomination, on Thursday while campaigning in Florida said he continues to support human embryonic stem cell research, the Washington Post reports. When asked whether recent advances in nonembryonic stem cell research would change his stance, McCain replied, "I have not changed my position.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:32 AM   #529
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
will this VP be prepared for the 3am phone call saying John McCain has been incapacitated by a stroke and, oh yes, Russia has just invaded Poland?

I asked antiram what she thoughts the odds were of McCain being incapacitated?

What do you think the odds are ?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:33 AM   #530
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I asked antiram what she thoughts the odds were of McCain being incapacitated?

What do you think the odds are ?

higher than they were for JFK.

and this totally, totally misses the point. the absolute first requirement of a VP is that they should be, in their judgment, ready to assume the Presidency.

so this kind of undercuts the anti-Obama Biden ads the McCain people trotted out immediately after the Biden pick where he said that he didn't think Obama was "yet" ready to be president.

again, this is a media stunt. a super-cynical media stunt.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:34 AM   #531
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:32 PM
Quote:
he tried to get the GOP platform changed to allow for abortion in the case of rape and incest in 2000 and even spoke in favor of that in 2007. Pro-lifers want no abortions, for any reason
So you would consider someone who supports criminalizing abortion in all cases except rape and incest 'pro-choice'? That's a rather innovative use of the term, isn't it?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 08-31-2008, 01:34 AM   #532
She's the One

Quote:
he tried to get the GOP platform changed to allow for abortion in the case of rape and incest in 2000 and even spoke in favor of that in 2007.
This does not make him pro-choice.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:40 AM   #533
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
So you would consider someone who supports criminalizing abortion in all cases except rape and incest 'pro-choice'? That's a rather innovative use of the term, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
This does not make him pro-choice.

Quote:
1. consistently pro-life for his whole political career,

you are wrong on about 2 and 1/2 on your statements.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:45 AM   #534
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
1. his whole political career ? he tried to get the GOP platform changed to allow for abortion in the case of rape and incest in 2000 and even spoke in favor of that in 2007. Pro-lifers want no abortions, for any reason

2. he has no problem with 'civil unions' does not support changing 'marriage' to include gays - exactly the same as Obama, Bush and many conservatives oppose 'civil unions"

What you say is probably correct.

But it doesn't explain why at that forum just several weeks ago, when asked at point does life begin, he responded 'at the moment of conception' without a second's pause, and then continued to state in firm terms that his administration would have pro-life policies.

His official stance on gay marriage is the same as Obama's, you are right. However - and this is just speculation on my part - I feel that Obama personally would support gay marriage but can't support it politically. Of course, for all I know, maybe the same could be said of McCain. I guess it's just a matter of gut feeling.

As for the stem-cell thing...all I can say is that the quote you provided does not altogether jive with what he said at that forum[the same one he made the pro-life comments at].

Maybe he was telling people at that forum what they wanted to hear, I really don't know. I'm just going by what I heard.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:47 AM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
higher than they were for JFK.

so this kind of undercuts the anti-Obama Biden ads the McCain people trotted out immediately after the Biden pick where he said that he didn't think Obama was "yet" ready to be president.
Who do you think the American people believe is more ready to serve as President, Biden or Palin ?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:48 AM   #536
Blue Crack Supplier

this is silly. McCain has gone to great lengths to prove to everyone, especially the Republican base, that he is anti-choice.

he couldn't choose Lieberman, Ridge, or even Kay Baily Hutchinson (or Olympia Snow) as a VP because they are pro-choice.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:48 AM   #537
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Who do you think the American people believe is more ready to serve as President, Biden or Palin ?

clearly, Biden.

i know where you are going.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:52 AM   #538
Blue Crack Supplier

all the Hillary-lovers i know think it's hilarious and giggle, just like Palin, when right wing male radio show hosts call other female politicians a "bitch" and a "cancer."

YouTube - GOP VP pick Sarah Palin laughs at cancer surviving senator being called a "bitch"

women! don't vote for a bitch! vote for a women who calls out other bitches!
Old 08-31-2008, 01:53 AM   #539
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
What you say is probably correct.

But it doesn't explain why at that forum just several weeks ago, when asked at point does life begin, he responded 'at the moment of conception' without a second's pause, and then continued to state in firm terms that his administration would have pro-life policies.

His official stance on gay marriage is the same as Obama's, you are right. However - and this is just speculation on my part - I feel that Obama personally would support gay marriage but can't support it politically. Of course, for all I know, maybe the same could be said of McCain. I guess it's just a matter of gut feeling.

As for the stem-cell thing...all I can say is that the quote you provided does not altogether jive with what he said at that forum[the same one he made the pro-life comments at].

Maybe he was telling people at that forum what they wanted to hear, I really don't know. I'm just going by what I heard.

it would probably go better

if you did not include words like:

consistently

for his whole political career,

and just wrote

McCain believes A B and C.

edit to add

when does life begin?
that is in my pay grade
I mean if I want to have a say, that abortion should be legal, I know this question will be asked

I'd say I guess at conception

it can't be before that
and it is certainly before, full term, 9 months.

But even believing that life can start at conception
I also have no problem with terminating that started process, provided it is done within a reasonable time.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:58 AM   #540
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
it would probably go better

if you did not include words like:

consistently

for his whole political career,

and just wrote

McCain believes A B and C.
Maybe you're right, maybe those words turned a true statement into a false one. However, like others have said, just because one supports abortion in the cases of rape and incest only does not mean one is pro-choice.

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin