Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #496
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Well, its the same country, same constitution(but with more amendments), same system of government.

Tell me, what point in time are we allowed to go back to?
As I said, I'm not arguing with you anymore about this. I already answered in detail while I feel the way I do, and I'm not getting into a ridiculous debate with you where you can twist my words to fit your argument.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #497
Refugee

Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
As I said, I'm not arguing with you anymore about this. I already answered in detail while I feel the way I do, and I'm not getting into a ridiculous debate with you where you can twist my words to fit your argument.

Could you at least answer the following questions:

Ok, when precisely did Obama become Qualified to be President. For you its obviously January 2007 or earlier? I'd like you state a point in time.

If you don't think Sarah Palin is qualified to be President, how much further does she have to go?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #498
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Could you at least answer the following questions:

Ok, when precisely did Obama become Qualified to be President. For you its obviously January 2007 or earlier? I'd like you state a point in time.

If you don't think Sarah Palin is qualified to be President, how much further does she have to go?
I feel Obama was somewhat qualified by the time he announced his candidacy because he'd spent 2 years in the Senate studying and making policy on national issues. However of the year and half of the campaign process, I've seen enough to know that he is well-versed and knowledgeable on the issues, and I've studied his policy goals and plans for implementation. Again, this is over a 19 month process. Palin will never be able to prove to me in 2 months that she's ready to lead, considering she's never even publicly made policy OR spent months outlining her positions on issues and policy. I would need to be able to hear from her for at least a year before I would feel confident that she knows enough to lead.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #499
She's the One

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
see limo example.
That's it? That's all you got without looking something up? Talk about drinking the kool-aid.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #500
Refugee

Local Time: 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
So then the voters will have a chance to voice their opinion regarding Obama's readiness in November, but nobody will have a democratic referendum on Palin's should she become President someday?
Huh???

I'm sure American voters will have their chance to weigh in....personally I have to assume McCain will be alive and kicking in four years.

But if you are on the fence on McCain's mortality, maybe the other ticket is for you ???
Old 08-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #501
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
That's it? That's all you got without looking something up? Talk about drinking the kool-aid.
see dread's post.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #502
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:38 AM

[QUOTE=Strongbow;5412809]Could you at least answer the following questions:

Ok, when precisely did Obama become Qualified to be President. QUOTE]

moron, u overlooked the virtues of affirmative action.

<>
Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #503
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Palin overall seems to me to have strong conservative, as opposed to neo-'conservative' credentials.

One of the VP candidates mooted was Joe Lieberman, a neo-'conservative' like McCain himself; McCain took a gamble on the relatively unknown Palin in the hope of winning over true conservatives AND centrist Hillary Clinton supporting Democrats.

The question is, does Palin change the equation enough to prevent one of the most disastrous decisions McCain will make in office: invading Iran?
Old 08-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #504
The Fly

Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
I feel Obama was somewhat qualified by the time he announced his candidacy because he'd spent 2 years in the Senate studying and making policy on national issues. However of the year and half of the campaign process, I've seen enough to know that he is well-versed and knowledgeable on the issues, and I've studied his policy goals and plans for implementation. Again, this is over a 19 month process. Palin will never be able to prove to me in 2 months that she's ready to lead, considering she's never even publicly made policy OR spent months outlining her positions on issues and policy. I would need to be able to hear from her for at least a year before I would feel confident that she knows enough to lead.
It is often said that past performance is the best predictor of future returns. My opinion on on all the candidates is based on their actions, not on their beliefs, speeches or promises. Here is my take. I realize it is meaningless to most!

Obama's election to the Illinois state senate and U.S. senate were largely a matter of circumstance. He was handed an opportunity to be elected to the Illinois state senate and screwed the person who gave it to him. His voting record was basically noncommittal on most issues; for example, voting 'Present'. His run for the U.S. senate was won when the two leading candidates were hit with scandal. His associations to Wright, Rezco and others to me show poor judgment. He is a political opportunist. I am not blaming him for taking advantage of opportunity, but that is what it is. He is a 'politician' and nothing more. He has found a following in people looking for hope after being misled for so long.

Biden. Use your own words or at least give credit when you borrow someone elses. Enough said.

McCain. Enough with the POW talk. Those who respect it just DO. There are many who don't. That is just sad. He is experienced and has a history of being bipartisan. The man almost changed parties in the past few years, yet he is accused of being the next Bush. He does not even like Bush!!!! He maybe too old, but he seems pretty lucid.

Palin. Her approval rating in her home state is immense. She took on her own party and got her state back on track. She has her beliefs and doesn't apologize for them. I would rather know where I stand with someone and disagree with them than deal with someone whose beliefs change based on circumstance. So far in this race, she is the only agent of CHANGE that I have seen. The next few months will show how she fares.

My vote as of this moment (subject to change) is with McCain/Palin. If they act nutty, I will vote accordingly. The argument of platform seems irrelevant to me with a check and balance in congress. That was the original idea wasn't it? I happen to vote by issue and I find myself on both sides of the fence depending on the issue. I find it really sad that people are so polarized by party, personality or demographic. For those of us in the U.S., we should vote for right and wrong, not what is hip so enough with the hype on both sides. I just want someone who can actually LEAD us in a better manner than we have been led in a long time. I want someone who puts leadership ahead of politics. That may be idealistic, but I think it is what we should aspire to.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #505
ONE
love, blood, life

^Then, you and I have completely different qualifications and qualities we feel are important for leadership on this level. There's nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed reading your point of view.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #506
Blue Crack Addict

Shocking show of disunity, surely to be covered by the networks....

Quote:
'Ronvoys' bring supporters to rally for Ron Paul

There's no room at the Xcel Energy Center for maverick Ron Paul, so his acolytes have packed their cars, hitched rides on "Ronvoys" and will pitch tents at Ronstock '08 in defiance of this week's GOP convention.

Almost 9,800 tickets had been sold for the Rally for the Republic, being held in Minneapolis, which seeks to bring together activists who oppose war, government regulation, immigration, taxes, the Federal Reserve and outsourcing but support individual liberty, civil liberties and Paul.

The Ronvoys — fleets of buses and vans carrying Paul's loyalists — were to begin arriving Saturday. A few rally-goers planned to walk from Green Bay, Wis., and join Paul for the final miles of their Walk4Freedom.

Paul, a congressman from Lake Jackson who failed in a bid for the Republican presidential nomination, considers the rally a celebration of traditional Republican values of limited government — and a poke in the eye of the GOP. They don't plan to crash the Republican party but to show they and their Campaign for Liberty are not going away.

"No matter how much our message is ignored or ridiculed, as was done in the campaign, no matter how much they did to us, it only energized our grass roots," Paul said.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #507
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston01 View Post
It is often said that past performance is the best predictor of future returns. My opinion on on all the candidates is based on their actions, not on their beliefs, speeches or promises. Here is my take. I realize it is meaningless to most!

Obama's election to the Illinois state senate and U.S. senate were largely a matter of circumstance. He was handed an opportunity to be elected to the Illinois state senate and screwed the person who gave it to him. His voting record was basically noncommittal on most issues; for example, voting 'Present'. His run for the U.S. senate was won when the two leading candidates were hit with scandal. His associations to Wright, Rezco and others to me show poor judgment. He is a political opportunist. I am not blaming him for taking advantage of opportunity, but that is what it is. He is a 'politician' and nothing more. He has found a following in people looking for hope after being misled for so long.

Biden. Use your own words or at least give credit when you borrow someone elses. Enough said.

McCain. Enough with the POW talk. Those who respect it just DO. There are many who don't. That is just sad. He is experienced and has a history of being bipartisan. The man almost changed parties in the past few years, yet he is accused of being the next Bush. He does not even like Bush!!!! He maybe too old, but he seems pretty lucid.

Palin. Her approval rating in her home state is immense. She took on her own party and got her state back on track. She has her beliefs and doesn't apologize for them. I would rather know where I stand with someone and disagree with them than deal with someone whose beliefs change based on circumstance. So far in this race, she is the only agent of CHANGE that I have seen. The next few months will show how she fares.

My vote as of this moment (subject to change) is with McCain/Palin. If they act nutty, I will vote accordingly. The argument of platform seems irrelevant to me with a check and balance in congress. That was the original idea wasn't it? I happen to vote by issue and I find myself on both sides of the fence depending on the issue. I find it really sad that people are so polarized by party, personality or demographic. For those of us in the U.S., we should vote for right and wrong, not what is hip so enough with the hype on both sides. I just want someone who can actually LEAD us in a better manner than we have been led in a long time. I want someone who puts leadership ahead of politics. That may be idealistic, but I think it is what we should aspire to.
That's a lot of writing to say "I'm a conservative."
Old 08-31-2008, 12:00 AM   #508
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Shocking show of disunity, surely to be covered by the networks....
Come off it.

Ron Paul supporters were never going to rally behind a neo-'conservative' candidate.

There's absolutely nothing surprising or unexpected about this, and it's largely insignificant for the McCain campaign (unfortunately. I wish that Paulites were a bigger block).
Old 08-31-2008, 12:08 AM   #509
Blue Crack Addict

Or is it that they are a larger bloc than voting indicates, but with a completely disorganized ground game?

The thing is the Paul supporters were/are as rabid and organized on the Internet as the Obama people. They were able to compete financially with Obama who is the best fundraiser out there and they certainly outcompeted McCain & Co.

Interestingly this did not convert into votes. The question that Paulites have to ask themselves is what did the Obama campaign do right to be able to mobilize the young voters on the campuses of Iowa that the Paulites failed to do in basically every state. If anything, they could learn a lot here.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:11 AM   #510
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Come off it.

Ron Paul supporters were never going to rally behind a neo-'conservative' candidate.
Oh but Hillary voters are going to rally behind a woman who is by every single indicator the complete opposite of Hillary and about a 100th as accomplished.

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin