Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really believe that all of Hillary's women supporters who are pro-choice will not vote for the McCain ticket with Sarah Palin on it?

Democratic strategist have already admitted that these women are Obama's big weakness.

Was Hillary's campaign more about the fact that she was a women, or the fact that she was pro-choice?

the fact that she was a pro-choice woman seeking the highest office of the land and had earned 18 million votes.

This just goes to show you how much you and McCain don't know women at all.

It's actually very sexist view to think women are stupid enough to dismiss platform over sex.

Oh yes, I forgot that all women are single issue voters and would never vote for someone that is pro-life. It could also be considered sexist to view women as only concerned about one issue.

McCain has never been winning in this campaign.

i think it was an argument he was poised to use. that, and the garbage "celebrity" stuff that's now foolish and moot.

Well then, from a political strategy standpoint, you must be impressed with McCain's choice then.

Oh yes, I forgot that all women are single issue voters and would never vote for someone that is pro-life. It could also be considered sexist to view women as only concerned about one issue.

well, you seem to think that women are only going to vote for a woman because she's a woman and that no other issues matter.

so you really have no argument here.

Well then, from a political strategy standpoint, you must be impressed with McCain's choice then.

i see what they were thinking. :shrug:

it also, for me, debunks any notion of "honor" or whatever nonsense that McCain thinks he can run his brand on.

he's as empty and soulless and calculating and political as any other member of Congress. maybe even more so.

Do you really believe that all of Hillary's women supporters who are pro-choice will not vote for the McCain ticket with Sarah Palin on it?

It's not just pro-choice, she's pro-gun and a Creationist. You think this speaks to Hillary's supporters who fought for women's rights in the 60s? I can't see my mother or aunts or any of their friends voting for her, they are not so stupid so as to not see past a vagina you know.

well, you seem to think that women are only going to vote for a woman because she's a woman and that no other issues matter.

so you really have no argument here.

When it comes to being a women vs. being Pro-Choice, I think we know which issue in this election year has been the driving force for many of Hillary's supporters.

Single issue? I didn't realize her being a woman was an issue. What does Palin bring to Democrat women? They have ovaries?

Pro-choice women (or men for that fact) are not going to vote for a pro-life ticket that may get to appoint judges, it's not going to happen.

When it comes to being a women vs. being Pro-Choice, I think we know which issue in this election year has been the driving force for many of Hillary's supporters.

Yes, and she was running for President.

i see what they were thinking. :shrug:

it also, for me, debunks any notion of "honor" or whatever nonsense that McCain thinks he can run his brand on.

he's as empty and soulless and calculating and political as any other member of Congress. maybe even more so.

Irvine, what took so long? :wink: I picked up on this in 2004 when he spent a year denouncing Bush's handling of Iraq, and then went ahead and spoke at the convention as if Bush were God's gift to mankind. :huh:

Huh! Interesting choice. Looks like Harry and McCain are on the same wavelength.

I read an interesting point though about Palin somehow vacuuming up women Hillary voters- basically, their hero has been replaced by a younger, more attractive, less qualified substitute. That sounds kind of bad.

It's not just pro-choice, she's pro-gun and a Creationist. You think this speaks to Hillary's supporters who fought for women's rights in the 60s? I can't see my mother or aunts or any of their friends voting for her, they are not so stupid so as to not see past a vagina you know.

Most Americans are pro-gun and the vast majority believe in God, especially the Hillary supporters that helped her win overwhelmingly in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Most of them are not 60s radicals, and are right of center in their political beliefs despite being registered Democrats.

Democrats have not won the Presidency in the United States without winning West Virginia since 1916. McCain will probably win West Virginia by a record margin this year. Something to think about.

Most Americans are pro-gun and the vast majority believe in God,

There's a difference between believing in God and believing that a fairy tale from a few thousand years ago is exactly the way things are simply because it's written in a certain book. :shrug: But that's another thread entirely....

What does a belief in God have to do with anything?

We're Catholic as are those supposed problematic voters in Pennsylvania, and we don't drink the silly Creationist kool-aid.

most women who've lionized a woman running for president are not, at all, anti-choice.

the right to choose has been a central issue in the lives of most feminist women.

Pro-choice women (or men for that fact) are not going to vote for a pro-life ticket that may get to appoint judges, it's not going to happen.

Except that is precisely what they did in 1980, 1984, and 1988! 3 of the largest electoral landslides in history. I can definitely see many pro-choice Catholic women voting for MCain/Palin in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

I read an interesting point though about Palin somehow vacuuming up women Hillary voters- basically, their hero has been replaced by a younger, more attractive, less qualified substitute. That sounds kind of bad.

interesting!

kind of like McCain's second marriage when he traded in the newly ugly, deformed wife for the hot daughter of a beer baron.

most women who've lionized a woman running for president are not, at all, anti-choice.

the right to choose has been a central issue in the lives of most feminist women.

So you think Tom Ridge would have been a better choice than Sarah Palin in getting the largest number of Hillary supporters to vote for McCain?

I've been reading the responses to the news of women who supported Hillary in the election. Most of them have said they are actually insulted that McCain would pick someone transparently as a way to pander to them by putting a woman on the ticket; a woman whose stances and policies run counter to those of the woman they wanted in the White House. Most of them said they're supporting Obama now more than ever. I'm not saying this is necessarily going to lose the election for McCain, but he's deluded if he's thinking he's going to get any Democrats or former Hillary voters with this tactic.

So you think Tom Ridge would have been a better choice than Sarah Palin in getting the largest number of Hillary supporters to vote for McCain?

i don't think that anyone McCain could have picked is going to win any Hillary supporters.

Palin was a gamble for them. one that i don't believe will work.

Absolutely!

I think he would have had a decent chance at picking up some of those women in PA. As it stands, I think PA is lost to McCain.

Absolutely!

I think he would have had a decent chance at picking up some of those women in PA. As it stands, I think PA is lost to McCain.

I still think Tom Ridge would have been the best choice, but I from a political strategy standpoint, Sarah Palin is better than Romney or Pawlenty.

deluded is right.. seriously the Hillary supporters are not that foolish to believe that having Palin on the ticket now makes up for it somehow.. jeez.... pandering for their vote more like reaching desperately... :huh:

i don't think that anyone McCain could have picked is going to win any Hillary supporters.

Palin was a gamble for them. one that i don't believe will work.

There are already Hillary supporters who will be supporting McCain this fall regardless of todays choice. The question is, who would bring in more of them, Ridge or Palin?

deluded is right.. seriously the Hillary supporters are not that foolish to believe that having Palin on the ticket now makes up for it somehow.. jeez.... pandering for their vote more like reaching desperately... :huh:

Just a small percentage of them moving over to McCain in a few states could win the election for McCain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom