Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama and Biden deserve all the credit in the world. They are actually sticking to issues. If only their supporters would do the same. :up:

I've said several times that I don't give a shit about this baby story. And I don't think I'm the only one either.

as for the baby, here's what a blogger writes:

Let me address one question being lobbed at me. Is raising questions about the Palin pregnancy a smear campaign? Here's why it's not. The circumstantial evidence for weirdness around this pregnancy is so great that legitimate questions arise - questions anyone with common sense would ask. The answers to those questions can easily be provided. This is an easier call than the "cross in the dirt" story, which will never be resolved one way or another. The McCain-Palin campaign can resolve this now with medical records, as are mandated for presidential candidates anyway.

The job of a press is to ask questions which have a basis in fact. Read for yourself the full chronology here. See whether you are certain there are no legitimate questions worth asking. I have claimed nothing. I am asking the McCain campaign to resolve a factual question which they must already have covered in the vetting process. After all, this baby was a centerpiece of the public case for Palin made by the Republicans. They made it an issue - and therefore it is legitimate to ask questions about it. That's all.

While this plays lovely to the extreme left...it will drive anyone who may be near the center to the right.

Not good for the party...not good at all.:down:

I've said several times that I don't give a shit about this baby story. And I don't think I'm the only one either.

Same. I personally do not like the fact that Palin is going around using her child as a political tool, but, in the end, her parenting is not my business, so I probably should stay out of it. There is a 99% chance that this rumour is about as true as the Obama-is-a-radical-Muslim crap that also floats around the internets, and I intend to give Palin the benefit of the doubt, no matter how much I dislike her for other reasons and want to see her crushed by Biden.

Good, something rational to look forward to...

Have a nice night. You have reaffirmed my belief that I have no place in this forum until the election is over.

it seems that was a belief you were looking to have reaffirmed to convince yourself that you're the rational one, and everyone else is crazy.

no one has shouted you down, no one has been rude to you, no one has discredited your opinion, especially not me.

we haven't even disagreed. if anything, i've been trying to talk you off a ledge all evening.

i'm sorry i reported something that was upsetting to you. and if it makes you want to slam the door and take your bat and ball and go home, then i truly am sorry because i prefer FYM when you post.

but if you're so sensitive, then maybe you shouldn't?

Gee, that sounded so sincere. Given I do not have a voice to listen to, I will assume that what you typed was intended to be nice. Although I have my doubts.

I am not on a ledge. I think your way out of line with your arguments tonight. I do not see it your way, nor do I seem capable of understanding it. I have tried. But what I do know is that if this is what becomes the issue, we all lose. If Hillary had won, and this type of shite were spread about her, I would have cried bullshit if someone on the right had typed it. I think over six years, I have for the most part proven myself capable of jumping in when I see something like this that is in my opinion, out of bounds. If these become the issues, this country loses.

Be well. I will take my ball and go as you suggested.

Gee, that sounded so sincere. Given I do not have a voice to listen to, I will assume that what you typed was intended to be nice. Although I have my doubts.

i mean every word. not all of it was meant to be nice. it was meant to be honest.

I am not on a ledge. I think your way out of line with your arguments tonight. I do not see it your way, nor do I seem capable of understanding it. I have tried. But what I do know is that if this is what becomes the issue, we all lose. If Hillary had won, and this type of shite were spread about her, I would have cried bullshit if someone on the right had typed it. I think over six years, I have for the most part proven myself capable of jumping in when I see something like this that is in my opinion, out of bounds. If these become the issues, this country loses.

there's no *argument* to be made about the grandmother/mother scandal. all i've said is that it's out there. :shrug:

i stand by everything i've said about what the Palin pick says about McCain.

Be well. I will take my ball and go as you suggested.

that's too bad.

i've gone through and re-read every post in the past 5 pages.

i stand by everything. it is absolutely appropriate to report that, yes, there are blogs talking about the grandmother story. it is also appropriate to say that some are saying it's crap.

this is not CNN. this is not ABC. i am not writing a column in Time. i have no authority or credibility and thus *responsibility* to anyone anywhere, beyond whatever authority or credibility i wish to retain with this limited audience.

i see nothing "way out of line" with anything that's been written.

It is true that this story is growing.

Andrew Sullivan is now writing about it, and he's no liberal. Here.

I wonder how many people the Enquirer has on the ground in Alaska.

I agree.

Let the tabloids that uncovered the John Edwards story go digging.

Like I said, that's about on their level.

So, if I refer to Obama as Barack Hussein Obama in each and every post from now on, do you assume I'm just using his middle name or might you deduce that I am little more clever than that and would infer a bit of subtext to the reasoning?

Maybe this is what Dread was seeing.

So, if I refer to Obama as Barack Hussein Obama in each and every post from now on, do you assume I'm just using his middle name or might you deduce that I am little more clever than that and would infer a bit of subtext to the reasoning?

Maybe this is what Dread was seeing.

are you always going to refer to Hillary Rodham Clinton?

or John Sydney McCain III?

i've said, repeatedly, that i find nothing wrong with what this story insinuates what actually happened. in fact, i find it admirable that someone didn't choose to abort a Down's baby. in fact, i've brought up DS babies repeatedly in threads where people talk about the "gay gene" or not, and what might parents do if they were able to predict if they were going to have a gay child -- would they abort? if so, that destroys me inside.

so, if anything, whether the mother or the grandmother, there's something to admire in the Palins.

as i've said repeatedly -- this isn't about Palin, it's about McCain.

I notice that Susan Estrich a Dem consultant- almost looked like she was sitting on some knowledge about Sarah during an interview last night.

It was like she was being toooo nice...about Sarah.

I don't know if this story is true how it will play out publicly, it could backfire on the Left coming across as being too Jerry Springerish, Maury Pulvichish-intrusive.

Time will tell.

<>

I notice that Susan Estrich a Dem consultant- almost looked like she was sitting on some knowledge about Sarah during an interview last night.

It was like she was being toooo nice...about Sarah.

I don't know if this story is true how it will play out publicly, it could backfire on the Left coming across as being too Jerry Springerish, Maury Pulvichish-intrusive.

Time will tell.

<>

:ohmy:

there's not a word in this post i disagree with.

:hug:

what bad man got beat to death?
it seems, we had a bad cop, with a badge, a gun, and a taser

My point is when the law is broken against a bad man it's easy to sweep under the rug.

Because she's considered a hero or a "maverick".

But I don't care how "evil" the man was, if her power was abused is was abused.

But you've already solved this case AND declared the paterinty case bullshit, you somehow have more insight then Palin herself...

We may not know the mother... let alone the father.

So far two options for the mother, father is numerous...

that baby only has one mother

the mother is Sarah

as for you saying there are two options?

why stop there ?

perhaps Mr Palin got the maid pregnant?

or is the 13 year old daughter the mother?

again I say the baby is Sarah's

and all this other crap is just made up

by leftie bloggers

and any journalist that picks it up will have stink all over themselves

awhile back some people tried to sell me the concept that there was a video of Michelle Obama at some gathering with Rev Wright, and she was caught on tape ranting against "Whitey"

and that Limbaugh or some other Rove type had a copy and they were going to use it to destroy Obama

I heard this from a regular libberal poster on this forum

I told that person

I don't believe it.
The story is just plain stupid on the face of it.

I could list the reasons why this story is stupid
and anyone that would buy it
has not given it any thought

But I won't

I will just leave it for extra credit

I've been reading various blogs/comments, and came across one commenter who claims to be from Palin's town, and knows people who are close to Palin, and she claims the story is that Trig is indeed Palin's child, but that her daughter, Bristol, is also pregnant. Whether or not it's true, it makes for some interesting reading:

In the Land of Palin. � Mudflats

Sue Williams (12:31:50) :

To the person who commented on Sarah’s hair - no, it’s what happens when one has hair extensions - which Sarah, at one time, don’t know about now, had.

Re: babygate - I don’t know what’s being reported. Here, however, is the truth. Trig is Sarah and Todd’s baby.

When Sarah first learned she was pregnant, it was shocking and overwhelming. While she and Todd had not planned to have anymore children, it is common knowledge among their family and friends that neither of them ever surgically insured that they wouldn’t have any “late in life” surprises/blessings.

This, to me, showed a disturbing lack of judgement. If you want to ask the citizens of a state to let you run the state for four years, to me she and Todd should have thought ahead and determined that the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy wouldn’t have been prudent for either the child, their family, their extended family (who are the ones who end up helping them raise their current four children) or the citizens of the state.

They either didn’t think this through, or didn’t care. Not sure. But, either way, to me and to others, it was a lack of foresight and judgement.

But it is the same vein - this lack of judgement - Sarah showed, on the campaign trail for governor, when asked who would raise her children should she win, she promptly stated that Todd would quit his job and stay at home with the kids (Todd works a “Slope” week on/week off schedule).

Sarah was elected and then - whoops. Todd didn’t like the stay at home gig - so Sarah, citing they needed money for the kid’s college (even though Track enlisted in the military) said Todd was returning to work. When asked about her statements on the campaign trail about how Todd would quit his job, Sarah said she’d actually never talked to him about what they would do if she was elected (in terms of his employment) and that she’d spoken out of turn when she spoke for him stating he’d quit his job.

Again, call me picky, but this is the kind of bizarre judgement Sarah routinely displays. Are you kidding me that she would run for governor and she and her husband would somehow not think to have a conversation about what to do with their four school aged kids? That’s insane. So, either her judgement is super goofy, or she wasn’t telling the truth. Either way, it’s not reassuring to now think this is someone who would be one 72 year old heartbeat away from having to call shots for the country/world.

So Todd trots himself back to work and Sarah is busy traipsing around the state and the nation. The kids are “farmed out” (this is the word used by thier associates in “the Valley”) to family and friends to raise while Todd and Sarah are off having their respective careers (Sarah is famously quoted as saying, “My mom does whatever I need her to”).

During this period is when Bristol, Sarah’s sixteen year old daughter, turns up pregnant. So, it’s kind of interesting to note that the Republican Vice Presidential Nominee and her sixteen year old junior in high school unwed daughter were carrying babies at the same time. Once Bristol’s condition became more obvious this summer, she was whisked out of sight and hasn’t been seen in public until yesterday in Ohio. This is why Trig’s blanket was strung across her entire abdomen and torso, but, when she walked down the stairs from the stage, in a profile shot, it was very clear to see she is well into her third trimester of her pregnancy.

It has come out in the past couple of days that she and her high school boyfriend had a quickie wedding and that she is home schooling her senior year.

The Anchorage Daily News has known about this for months - and haven’t touched the story. But I can’t imagine the national press or the Democratic Party will be as willing to turn a blind eye.

For me, once again it speaks to judgement. We all - every single one of us - even Sarah’s closest friends in the Valley (I know, I’ve been speaking to them) know she is in no way qualified for this position. At all.

But then, why would she accept the nomination, knowing that Bristol’s situation will come to light and knowing her hunger for national and international acclaim and attention will carry with it a mighty high price for her seventeen year old daughter who had absent parents last year and who turned up pregnant.

How embarrassing will it be for Bristol once the news (or the baby) comes out and not just the Valley, not just Alaska, not just the USA - but Bristol will be known the world over as the seventeen year old unwed - then quickly wed senior-in-high-school-homeschooled-teenage mom and daughter to the Republican Vice Presidential Nominee?

How hard will that degree of scrutiny and shame be?

How does one do that to one’s daughter?

How does one dash about the country for the next 66 days trying to pull off an image of the devoted mother of five when she, by and large, isn’t the one raising them and when one of them - her daughter, is in a truly vulnerable point in life; not to say anything about the needs of Trig. But maybe he doesn’t count, except as a talking point or a photo prop. But this is a person, a little boy who is going to require a tremendous amount of time and attention. From his mother.

This is okay?

She makes several other comments further down the page, all offering insight into the political and personal machinations of small town life, and seems highly critical of Palin, even though she claims she is a conservative Republican.

As well, another commenter later on the same page posts a link to an entry from John McCain's daughter Meghan's blog, drawing people's attention to this picture, captioned "getting ready for the People magazine photo shoot." Bristol is holding her brother:

http://www.mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928.shtml

55.jpg

Given the picture, I'm leaning toward believing this version. In other words, much ado about nothing. There are a lot of things to criticize Palin about, without bringing her (or her daughter's purported) pregnancies into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom