Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #346
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,422
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Look, there is no comparison between her and Obama's experience.
And the Obama camp, if they are smart, are going to ride that all the way.
__________________

__________________
JOFO is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #347
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 29,713
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
What are you talking about? Biden is the third most liberal senator in the country. Obama completely abandoned his "change" facade to pick someone who is been in the senate for 36 years. As someone on TV said the other day, Obama flinched in his first big decision. He should have gone with a governor, not someone who is part of the problem. How was he being "thoughtful?"

he made a wise, safe choice. he picked someone he thought could be president, which is the #1 job qualification of any VP.


Quote:
McCain did what McCain does. Think outside the box, pick someone few people expected, who has bucked her own party, something I have seen none of from Obama or Biden.

i think the campaign was banking on such gullibility.


Quote:
I'll choose to ignore the sheer stupidity of this...

she's an admitted Creationist. thus, she's willfully ignorant.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #348
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,172
Local Time: 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

this was shrewd of the McCain folk. if he chose Romney or Pawlenty, everyone would have been all, "oh, ok, that's what we thought. we know these people."
Bullcrap. Show me one person on the news who has said that we all know who Tim Pawlenty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post


also, totally cynical, completely irresponsible, and probably going to blow up in their faces because it exposes just what John McCain has always been about, despite all his "Good Soldier/Maverick" pretensions: John McCain.
Stop it. If he had picked Romney, you and others would have said "Oh look, there goes John McCain again. Picking someone he can't stand just so he can win. Putting winning above principle." And you know it. McCain picked a maverick.

It's fun to watch the liberals squirm, not knowing how to go after her. They're worried. They realize, though won't admit, that she was brilliant. Please carry on, Irvine and others.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #349
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,880
Local Time: 11:31 AM
It was NOT brilliant....

I have yet to speak with a woman who did not find his choice insulting...insulting because they feel the campaign is treating them like they would vote for a woman over substance.

I was at a fantasy football draft, and the joke of the night was the pick. I mean, not one, not a single person in the room felt that she was qualified. And when it boils down to it, the Democratic ticket is stronger from the top to the bottom, point blank stronger. MOst of the guys I play with are reapublicans. They are horrified.

If this campaign is that desperate to win, that getting media attention for two days prior to the convention was that important, then he deserves to lose my vote.

I cannot in good conscience vote for this ticket, because he may not live long enough to complete it and she is not ready, not even close.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #350
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 12:31 PM
^Thank you! There was nothing anything close to "brilliant" about this pick. It is the most transparent political ploy I've ever seen in my life. It was a blatant grab for Hillary's female supporters. Are there a few women that voted for Hillary just because she was a woman, and, therefore, will support the McCain/Palin ticket for the same reason? Absolutely. But as Dreadsox just said, most women, heck, most people that I've talked to are absolutely furious that McCain would pick someone who clearly is not ready for the job. McCain isn't "country first", he's "me first", and whatever he thought would help him win is all he cared about. Obama did right by choosing the so-called "safe" choice. He picked a running mate who is strong in his weaker area, foreign policy. Most of Biden's fellow senators, Republicans or Democrats, will tell you there is no one in the Senate more well-versed and knowledgeable in this area. He picked someone who has had many years of policy-making on a national level, who would be able to take over the role of Commander in Chief, should anything happen, God forbid. That's the mark of an excellent leader. When it comes down to who is a heartbeat away from being a leader of the free world, it's not the time to play Russian roulette. The American people need and deserve someone we can trust, someone we've seen for months and/or years campaign, debate, or create policy on a national level. I wouldn't feel comfortable with Sarah Palin in a low-ranking Cabinet position, at this point, much less as second in command. The staunch McCain supporters can argue all they want, but they're not convincing anyone else at this point.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #351
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 29,713
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
It was NOT brilliant....

I have yet to speak with a woman who did not find his choice insulting...insulting because they feel the campaign is treating them like they would vote for a woman over substance.

I was at a fantasy football draft, and the joke of the night was the pick. I mean, not one, not a single person in the room felt that she was qualified. And when it boils down to it, the Democratic ticket is stronger from the top to the bottom, point blank stronger. MOst of the guys I play with are reapublicans. They are horrified.

If this campaign is that desperate to win, that getting media attention for two days prior to the convention was that important, then he deserves to lose my vote.

I cannot in good conscience vote for this ticket, because he may not live long enough to complete it and she is not ready, not even close.


well, Dread, it's been a while, but ....




__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #352
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 29,713
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
They realize, though won't admit, that she was brilliant.


this is a more telling sentence than you know.

she isn't brilliant. the pick of her, as you've said, is brilliant.

(i don't agree that it was a brilliant pick, but some do)

the point remains: SHE is not ready, qualified, interested, or capable of effectively assuming the presidency should something happen to McCain.

i think McCain would agree.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #353
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
It's fun to watch the liberals squirm, not knowing how to go after her. They're worried. They realize, though won't admit, that she was brilliant. Please carry on, Irvine and others.
This made me laugh.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #354
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i think McCain would agree.
The most interesting part of her speech yesterday was watching McCain's reaction while she spoke. I've never seen him look less confident in himself than he did at that moment. He had that deer in the headlights, "What have I done?" look the entire time. I can guarantee you that he wouldn't have had that look on his face had he picked someone like Romney or Ridge. As much as I may dislike them and disagree with their politics, I wouldn't fear for the country if one of them had to take over for McCain. He knows he didn't make the right decision. He made a rash, spur of the moment, pick based on his emotions. That is not the kind of person we need in the White House. It's the same type of decision-making we've had for the past 8 years, and look where that got us.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 29,713
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Stop it. If he had picked Romney, you and others would have said "Oh look, there goes John McCain again. Picking someone he can't stand just so he can win. Putting winning above principle." And you know it. McCain picked a maverick.


if you were running for president, would you want Sarah Palin to be the next in line to assume the presidency should you become unable to serve?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #356
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 12:31 PM
If McCain had picked Romney my thoughts would be, "I can't stand that arrogant douchebag, and I disagree with everything he stands for. However, McCain made the right choice in picking someone capable of doing the job, should he have to take it over." It would've at least proven to me that McCain is capable of putting the long-term benefits ahead of the short-term ones, and that he would put the country's future ahead of his own ambition. Sarah Palin did exactly the opposite.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #357
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
It was NOT brilliant....

I have yet to speak with a woman who did not find his choice insulting...insulting because they feel the campaign is treating them like they would vote for a woman over substance.

I was at a fantasy football draft, and the joke of the night was the pick. I mean, not one, not a single person in the room felt that she was qualified. And when it boils down to it, the Democratic ticket is stronger from the top to the bottom, point blank stronger. MOst of the guys I play with are reapublicans. They are horrified.

If this campaign is that desperate to win, that getting media attention for two days prior to the convention was that important, then he deserves to lose my vote.

I cannot in good conscience vote for this ticket, because he may not live long enough to complete it and she is not ready, not even close.
Do you think Governor Clinton was ready in 1992 based on his experience? 2 years of being in the US Senate makes Obama qualified enough to be President of the country? Do you really think Tim Kain is more qualified to be a VP than Sarah Palin?

Given this country's preference for Governors over the past 40 years, how much more experience does Sarah Palin need to be qualified to be a VP like Tim Kaine? Precisely what is that minimum threshhold for being qualified to be President that Sarah Palin does not have at this time? At what point in time did Tim Kaine become qualified to be President? How about Obama?

I think this is a risky choice for McCain, but definitely a bold move that could potentially win him the election. The voters that matter are not the ones who have essentially already made up their mind and would have voted for Obama no matter who McCain picked, but those voters who are clearly on the fence. In a close election, McCain's selection of VP could impact the race. Overall, I think this is going to be a net positive for McCain, but we won't know for a few days when some new polls come out and maybe a week or two for some new state polls.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #358
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
if you were running for president, would you want Sarah Palin to be the next in line to assume the presidency should you become unable to serve?
Would you want Tim Kaine to be next in line?
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,097
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
McCain double-downed on breasts.

and Jesus riding dinosaurs. and murdering innocent polar bears.
Throw in a 5th of Jager and I'm in!
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #360
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,097
Local Time: 12:31 PM
I'm having a think on this: could Jesus outrun a polar bear if he was riding a dinosaur?
__________________

__________________
Dalton is offline  
 

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com