Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #301
Refugee

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Women are a larger block, but most women are not waffling, it is a small overall percentage.

Did you know there are 600,000 registered AA voters in Florida who did not cast a vote in 2004? Additionally, how many tens of thousands have registered in this last year? This block alone can have a huge, huge impact.

Why do you only treat OH and PA as swing states? What happened to CO, NM, NV? The Latino votes don't matter out there?
Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Iowa, and Missouri going Blue won't matter if the Republicans were to win Pennsylvania.

In Florida, McCain has had the lead in 7 of the last 8 polls by an average of more than 3 points. Intrade Real Time Quotes for Florida are 62% for McCain and 38% for Obama.

In addition, many Florida Democrats are not happy about Obama's resistence to counting their votes.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Iowa, and Missouri going Blue won't matter if the Republicans were to win Pennsylvania.
That's a rather large if.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #303
Refugee

Quote:
That's a rather large if.
Well, what was the type of Voter that Obama was unable to pick up in his solid defeat in Pennsylvania earlier this year?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Well, what was the type of Voter that Obama was unable to pick up in his solid defeat in Pennsylvania earlier this year?
It's interesting that you write off Florida while Obama leads in PA by a much more substantial margin in the polls.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #305
Refugee

Local Time: 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
Undecided voters who consider her pick to reveal poor judgment by McCain.
"Poor Judgment"????

I'm afraid that will probably be the minority. We'll have to wait and see how she does at the convention and on the stump.

Poor judgment would have been...Romney (the flip flopping Mormon), Lieberman (The pro-choice traitor), Ridge (the pro-choice too-close-to-Bush cronie), Pawlenty (The...just plain BORING)
Old 08-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #306
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
"Poor Judgment"????

I'm afraid that will probably be the minority. We'll have to wait and see how she does at the convention and on the stump.

Poor judgment would have been...Romney (the flip flopping Mormon), Lieberman (The pro-choice Traitor), Ridge (the pro-choice too-close-to-Bush cronie), Pawlenty (The...just plain BORING)
What a wretched pool McCain had to choose from.

Those of you who think this pick was some kind of brilliant move are rather funny. She might get the conservative base, which either Romney or Ridge would have done(don' t know much about Pawlenty), but she won't get any significant number of Hilary supporters. They're not that dumb. No matter what fantasies you want to delude yourself with.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:16 PM   #307
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Those of you who think this pick was some kind of brilliant move are rather funny.
The joke, if there is one, is not on us, mate.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
What a wretched pool McCain had to choose from.

Those of you who think this pick was some kind of brilliant move are rather funny. She might get the conservative base, which either Romney or Ridge would have done(don' t know much about Pawlenty), but she won't get any significant number of Hilary supporters. They're not that dumb. No matter what fantasies you want to delude yourself with.
But it's not just about getting Hillary supporters. I think she, along with Jindal someday, are the future of conservatism in the United States. She, like McCain, has bucked her own party on occasions and includes in her governing some things that are not typical of Republicans of old, like climate change for example. She is attractive (in more ways than one ) to independents, hopefully weary conservatives, and people tired of the same old Washington BS and want someone (in this case, two people) who are equally tough on both political parties. She is a major reformer, from what I've been reading about her.

I think she was a fantastic selection. Romney was my preference, but Palin was second, and I think she'll do just fine. I think right now conservatives are as excited as they have been in this entire election.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:44 AM   #309
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:39 PM
I don't see any indication that McCain takes Pennsyvlania.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 AM   #310
ONE
love, blood, life

i'd vote republican for her based on looks alone.

oh wait, is that sexism?

i'm against sexism, guys.

~david brent
Old 08-30-2008, 01:33 AM   #311
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
My sister, a life long Democrat who supported Obama over Hillary just called to tell me that she is now considering McCain/Palin.
And what's her reason?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #312
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
But it's not just about getting Hillary supporters. I think she, along with Jindal someday, are the future of conservatism in the United States.

How is it that you consider stoneage social values the future? Denying science in schools, forcing raped women to bare child, and agreed with Buchanan when he blamed homosexuals for all America's social ills...

This is the future you want?!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:52 AM   #313
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
How is it that you consider stoneage social values the future? Denying science in schools, forcing raped women to bare child, and agreed with Buchanan when he blamed homosexuals for all America's social ills...

This is the future you want?!
For real. It's beyond belief. It is disheartening to me, as a soon to be 24 year old, to see other young people like myself putting their stock into the right. I'm glad my age group will be voting 95+% for Obama.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:12 AM   #314
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
And what's her reason?
She has been starting to have doubts about Obama since he won the nomination, and was totally shocked and impressed by McCain's selection for VP. She thinks it was a really bold move by McCain, and unlike other people has been really impressed with what she has read so far about Sarah Palin. She has not made up her mind yet of who she will vote for in November, but she has really been impressed by McCain's move today.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:16 AM   #315
Refugee

Quote:
It's interesting that you write off Florida while Obama leads in PA by a much more substantial margin in the polls.
Obama has weaknesses in Pennsylvania, despite what the latest polls might show. Will find out in a week or two if Palin does anything to impact Pennsylvania or not. Ridge would have been better in taking Pennsylvania, but I can see Obama being vulnerable to McCain in western Pennsylvania with Palin on the ticket.

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin