Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #286
Refugee

Local Time: 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Harry have you watched Cafferty read out his e-mails and the comments on his blog today?

He said he was surprised that it was mostly negative.

Seems like a lot of Hillary voters, older pro-choice women offended that McCain thinks they are so stupid. A lot of the commentary ran along the lines of "Hillary didn't put 18 million cracks in the ceiling for this unaccomplished pro-life, gun-toting Creationist woman to ride her coat-tails." Maybe harsh, but then I feel a lot of this crowd has been harsh for most of the primary.

If McCain is smart, he knows these women won't and can't be won over. If he thinks they're ripe for the picking, think again.
Cafferty claimed that McCain was DONE, stick a fork in him. He's another liberal commentator who skews his air time towards pushing up the negatives of people he is opposed to.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Cafferty claimed that McCain was DONE, stick a fork in him. He's another liberal commentator who skews his air time towards pushing up the negatives of people he is opposed to.
As did most of your party and the right blogosphere during the primaries. Please don't pretend otherwise.

And Cafferty has never been liberal, LOL.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #288
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:32 AM
I think it is interesting that both Strongbow and Harry Vest have made the right predictions in spite of being in minority opinion.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #289
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
I think it is interesting that both Strongbow and Harry Vest have made the right predictions in spite of being in minority opinion.
Even broken clocks are right twice a day.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #290
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
They were well aware that Bill Clinton had no national governing experience in 1992. However, they supported him because of the way he behaved and the campaign he ran during the primary and general election process. He had debated and campaigned on a national level, and they saw that he had the positions and policy goals that they felt were best in terms of the economy, health care, social security and other issues that concerned them. To them (and me) that also counts as national experience because Clinton spent months on the road during the campaign talking about where he stood on the issues and his policy goals. Also, Clinton is a political science major and a lawyer well versed in the Constitution. That is one of the major qualifiers to show how ready one is to lead (being well-versed in the Constitution, not necessarily being a lawyer.) That's not to say that we haven't had good presidents without law degrees, but a law degree does serve a great purpose in a country founded and established on a legal document. They were confident that he was ready to be president at that point. Sarah Palin has very few positions or policy ideas on many of the major issues that are concerning voters right now. She certainly won't be able to prove in 66 days that'd she able and ready to be Commander in Chief should McCain die in office.
Well, we'll soon find out. She is closer to being Bill Clinton in terms of experience than either Obama, Biden, or McCain. She is the only person on either ticket that is actually from outside Washington, something that even Barack Obama claimed was important in his speach Thursday night.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #291
Refugee

Quote:
As did most of your party and the right blogosphere during the primaries. Please don't pretend otherwise.

And Cafferty has never been liberal, LOL.
Well, he definitely skews his little show in favor of the Democrats.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #292
Refugee

Quote:

Now STING will bring up Reagan Democrats - this is not who I'm talking about. I'm talking about the hardcore feminist crowd standing behind Hillary.
Hardcore feminist are a minority, even among Hillary supporters. Sorry, but its really difficult to argue that McCain is going to do worse among women voters now that he has one running with him. In a close a election where one or two states could decide the election, McCain might just win by having Palin on the ticket.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Hardcore feminist are a minority, even among Hillary supporters. Sorry, but its really difficult to argue that McCain is going to do worse among women voters now that he has one running with him. In a close a election where one or two states could decide the election, McCain might just win by having Palin on the ticket.
And in a lot of those close states, African Americans and Latinos are just as likely to be the deciding factor. The AA voters will show up in unprecedented numbers if the primaries are any indication - watch those numbers to grow even higher.

McCain is about to get close to zero of the AA vote and trails by nearly 50 points in the Latino vote. Quite a more significant difference than a small proportion of Hillary's female voters, the large majority of whom is voting for Obama.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #294
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Even broken clocks are right twice a day.
Hey! That was my line!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #295
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:32 PM
I'm loving this pick.

I just went to dinner with a couple, they are very moderates, they've been on the fence for awhile but recenlty decided on McCain. His pick changed their mind. They thought it showed poor judgement. And they hated her no abortion for even rape and incest, and her creation needs to be taught in school stances.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
WHO exactly will she "lose"????????
Undecided voters who consider her pick to reveal poor judgment by McCain.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #297
Refugee

Quote:
And in a lot of those close states, African Americans and Latinos are just as likely to be the deciding factor. The AA voters will show up in unprecedented numbers if the primaries are any indication - watch those numbers to grow even higher.

McCain is about to get close to zero of the AA vote and trails by nearly 50 points in the Latino vote. Quite a more significant difference than a small proportion of Hillary's female voters, the large majority of whom is voting for Obama.

Women are a much larger voting block than African Americans and Latinos combined. Most African Americans live in deeply red South Eastern States where even if every eligible African American voter voted, they would still lose the election in that particular state.

Who are the swing voters in Ohio and Pennsylvania? Its not African Americans and Latinos. The reason that Obama lost these states was Reagan Democrats, Blue Collar Democrats and Women.

Also, Obama's little comment about Western Pennsylvania's registered Democrats clinging to guns and God when their in trouble did not go down well in that part of the state. They may decide to stick it to Obama with a Women running with McCain who definitely shares their passion for Guns and God.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #298
Blue Crack Addict

Women are a larger block, but most women are not waffling, it is a small overall percentage.

Did you know there are 600,000 registered AA voters in Florida who did not cast a vote in 2004? Additionally, how many tens of thousands have registered in this last year? This block alone can have a huge, huge impact.

Why do you only treat OH and PA as swing states? What happened to CO, NM, NV? The Latino votes don't matter out there?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #299
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
I'm loving this pick.

I just went to dinner with a couple, they are very moderates, they've been on the fence for awhile but recenlty decided on McCain. His pick changed their mind. They thought it showed poor judgement. And they hated her no abortion for even rape and incest, and her creation needs to be taught in school stances.

My sister, a life long Democrat who supported Obama over Hillary just called to tell me that she is now considering McCain/Palin.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #300
The Fly

Local Time: 06:32 PM
She was a "brigader" for Pat Buchanan in 1996. This may cost McCain Jewish votes in FLA.

Ben Smith's Blog: Buchanan: Palin was a "brigader for me" in '96 - Politico.com

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin