Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #226
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
I am concerned. But I'm confident she has far better judgement than Obama and Obama only has slightly more experience than she does.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #227
Refugee

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
hence, it was a 100% political pick and shows us that John McCain is only interested in winning and not in actually putting the interests of the country, and his true responsibility when it comes to picking a VP, first.

this has shown us that there is no "there" there for all of McCain's blustery talk about honor.

Thats absurd. McCain has done far more for this country than Biden/Obama combined. Your not going to win that arguement against John McCain who has 23 years of active duty military service.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #228
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Thats absurd. McCain has done far more for this country than Biden/Obama combined. Your not going to win that arguement against John McCain who has 23 years of active duty military service.

right, military service trumps all. did you know McCain was a POW?

you'd be much happier with a junta, like Burma. maybe then you can mindlessly idolize anyone who's ever put on a uniform and disregard all their flaws.

the above is what McCain has now been reduced to. "YOU CAN'T SAY THAT I DO THINGS ONLY FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES BECAUSE I WAS IN THE MILITARY!!!"

pathetic.

i'll tell you what this pick was about. it was about trying to "win" the news cycle. that's it. McCain has met her TWICE. most of his aides don't know anything about her, just like us. this was a gamble by a desperate campaign. this was a calculated, strategic decision designed for 24/7 cable news.

it's a gimmick.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #229
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Okay... chill, people! I'm gonna diffuse the tension here by saying she looks a lot more like Julia Louis-Dreyfus than Tina Fey! I look forward to seeing Seinfeld's Elaine on SNL.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #230
Refugee

Quote:
hence, this is why the pick undermines McCain's whole argument against Obama.

if you're insinuating that i actually want McCain to die, then fuck off.

someone who is 72 years old and has had skin cancer 4 times is a huge health risk. he would be lucky if he makes it to 80. that's not a wish, that's a fact.

McCain's mom is 96, and sharper and smarter than most Democrats attacking her sons age.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #231
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
HOW MANY OF YOU WOMAN WOULD TURN YOUR BACK ON THE ISSUES IN ORDER TO JUST VOTE FOR ANOTHER WOMAN?

Because Sting, 2861U2, Harry Vest, and other men believe you will. Maybe I know nothing about women.
*sigh*

Since you apparently don't believe such people exist...

index - over one million visits over the last 6 weeks

Hillary Supporters for McCain

Clintons4McCain -- Because the President should be ELECTED not selected!

Clinton Supporters For McCain Before Obama

Count Us Out

Democrats for McCain - Home

I could give you a dozen more examples. I'm not saying it's a smart or principled move based on issues, but they exist. If you despise the idea, take it up with these women or Obama, not me or John McCain.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #232
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
McCain's mom is 96, and sharper and smarter than most Democrats attacking her sons age.

that's silly. has she had cancer 4 times? my grandfather's mother and aunts lived until their late 90s. that didn't stop him from dying of cancer when he was 76.

it's a legitimate concern. and given McCain's various senior moments on the campaign trail this year -- something, to their credit, the Obama campaign has not pounced on -- we have reason to be concerned we'll get Reagan's second term during McCain's first.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #233
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
*sigh*

Since you apparently don't believe such people exist...

index - over one million visits over the last 6 weeks

Hillary Supporters for McCain

Clintons4McCain -- Because the President should be ELECTED not selected!

Clinton Supporters For McCain Before Obama

Count Us Out

Democrats for McCain - Home

I could give you a dozen more examples. I'm not saying it's a smart or principled move based on issues, but they exist. If you despise the idea, take it up with these women or Obama, not me or John McCain.

omg, you found websites? wow!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #234
Refugee

Quote:

right, military service trumps all. did you know McCain was a POW?

you'd be much happier with a junta, like Burma. maybe then you can mindlessly idolize anyone who's ever put on a uniform and disregard all their flaws.

the above is what McCain has now been reduced to. "YOU CAN'T SAY THAT I DO THINGS ONLY FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES BECAUSE I WAS IN THE MILITARY!!!"

pathetic.
Your not going to win the election by questioning McCain's committment to this country. Even team Obama knows that.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #235
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Your not going to win the election by questioning McCain's committment to this country. Even team Obama knows that.

i question his commitment to the country when it comes to this presidential race.

he gave us a gimmick as a VP. it was his responsibility to give us someone who could serve as president.

i'm not running the Obama campaign. i don't have to worry about these things.

i'm telling you what you know to be the bald-faced truth.

Palin is a gimmick. McCain has met her once.

McCain has failed in his first big decision as the nominee.

and you know it.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #236
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:

*sigh*

You're missing my point. And your own sexism is seeping in as well. I asked for women, because that's what I keep hearing. You showed me a bunch of Hillary supporters that are for McCain, why assume they are all women?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #237
War Child

Local Time: 03:19 AM
Quote:
They're out there, believe me. There are a ton of Hillary-turned-McCain supporters and blogs out there. I can't tell you the number of various posts or comments I've read on various sites from such women. Call it low if you want, but it's a smart move. Will it bring in most Hillary supports? Unlikely. But it has the potential to be extremely effective.
It also has the potential to be a complete disaster, especially when the consitutional law professor and the foreign relations chair start talking to her about things like, well, the Constitution, international law, Zimbabwe, Georgia, etc. It'll be interesting to see the look on the face of the former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska as she tries to sound like someone we can feel confident with, as she stands next to the 72-year-old McCain, one breath away from being the leader of the free world.

But maybe you're right. Who cares about any of that if she can gut a Salmon and shoot a gun? If she can do that, then there's 40 million Americans who will want to have a beer with her. And we know what that means.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #238
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:19 AM
Quote:
HOW MANY OF YOU WOMAN WOULD TURN YOUR BACK ON THE ISSUES IN ORDER TO JUST VOTE FOR ANOTHER WOMAN?

Because Sting, 2861U2, Harry Vest, and other men believe you will. Maybe I know nothing about women.
For women who are lifelong pro-choice Democrats--no chance this will be The Thing That Wins Them Over, Hillary supporter or not.

For female Hillary supporters who were angered enough by the results of the Dem primary to have already announced their intent to either A) vote McCain purely as a fuck-you protest vote or B) stay home, their minds were already made up anyway, so this has no effect on them either.

For male and female independents and swing voters who voted for Hillary in the primaries not because they were sure they wouldn't vote McCain, but because they saw that McCain already had the Republican nomination wrapped up and wanted a voice in picking whom they saw as the best Democratic competition for their vote--this might make them more likely to vote for McCain, depending on where their main points of agreement with his platform lie and what this pick signals to them about his priorities (pro-life independents for example, or fiscally conservative independents). But that has nothing to do with being a 'bitter Hillary supporter'--it's about being an independent. Ditto for the 'gal you can have a beer with' independents--obviously strong ideological Democrats or Republicans aren't going to choose their candidates that way in the first place.

For conservative women--of course they'll vote for this ticket. They would have no matter who McCain's Veep pick was.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 08-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
why assume they are all women?
I'm not assuming they're all women. I'm making an educated guess that they are mostly women.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #240
Refugee

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:
i question his commitment to the country when it comes to this presidential race.

he gave us a gimmick as a VP. it was his responsibility to give us someone who could serve as president.

i'm not running the Obama campaign. i don't have to worry about these things.

i'm telling you what you know to be the bald-faced truth.

Palin is a gimmick. McCain has met her once.

McCain has failed in his first big decision as the nominee.

and you know it.
"FAILED"
Hardly. Romney, Ridge, Pawlenty, Lieberman...now that would have been "FAILED". This was one of the smartest, shrewdest picks of our lifetime. Just wait. And this is from someone who doesn't want the Republican's in for another four years. I'm already scared.

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin