Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!! - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #181
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Its a bit silly to argue that a Senator with 3 years of experience and the most liberal voting record in the Senate is qualified to be President, but a conservative governor in office for 2 years is not.

did you just dust off the talking points?

everyone knows that "most liberal voting record" is applied to whatever democrat happens to be running that year.

yes, Obama is vastly more qualified to be president than Sarah Palin.

but, please, go ahead and make that case. it should be entertaining.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:23 AM
Actually I don't think Obama can really press the case against Palin as inexperience- but it balances the playing field. Each ticket now has an old fart and a relative neophyte. I think Obama has more experience then Palin, but it's not an important distinction.

McCain can't say that experience is the most important thing- he just picked a VP without any. He clearly thinks Palin helps in other ways, so maybe there will be a stalemate on this issue.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #183
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Oh yeah, Scott Rasmussen has mid-convention numbers. The most important thing:
Link
Quote:
Obama is now supported by 83% of Democrats, up from 79% a week ago.
A 4 point jump midway through the convention. If he finishes around 86-87% he's basically erased the reluctant Hillary vote.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #184
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!
WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!

McCAIN - PALIN ALL THE WAY!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #185
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:23 PM
lol
Old 08-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #186
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
I think Obama has more experience then Palin, but it's not an important distinction.
Obama's experience has been on a national and (to some extent) a world stage. Palin's experience has been in a state with under a million people. Obama is also a lot smarter and more educated.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #187
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 08-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #188
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Another little tid bit of info, Americans have selected a ticket in each election for the past 40 years with a governor on it, except in 1988. You have to go back to the early 1960s to find a time when the Democrats won the Presidency without having a governor on the ticket.

A known Governor...
Old 08-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #189
Refugee

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I said it was going to go Democrat even though it's pretty much indisputable that it's a swing state. I still believe that. It's been consistent for numerous elections.

My county, for your reference, is pretty balanced, slightly Republican but moving Democrat: Chester County, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chester County has consistently voted for the Republican in every election over the past 40 years. I don't think that is going to change in 2008. If McCain could pick up counties like Erie, Beaver, Washington, Fayette, Luzerne, Northhampton, Lehigh, and Bucks, he could win the state.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #190
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
Obama's experience has been on a national and (to some extent) a world stage. Palin's experience has been in a state with under a million people. Obama is also a lot smarter and more educated.
How long had Obama been in the US Senate when he announced he was running for President? How would you compare the responsibilities of a State Senator with that of Governor?

Oh, and to borrow a theme from Obama, who does middle America have more in common with, Barrack Obama, or Sarah Palin?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #191
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
How long had Obama been in the US Senate when he announced he was running for President? How would you compare the responsibilities of a State Senator with that of Governor?

Oh, and to borrow a theme from Obama, who does middle America have more in common with, Barrack Obama, or Sarah Palin?
A fur-skin wearing hunter from Alaska? I think middle America has more in common with Obama.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #192
Refugee

Local Time: 07:23 AM
I hate to say "I told you so" but...I TOLD YOU SO!!!
This was the only pick that might save it for McCain and I can't believe he was that smart. I turned on the T.V. set this morning and was absolutley shocked that he had made this bold move. "Oh Oh" I thought to myself and then called an ardent Democrat (and political junkie) in New York. He too was a little in shock having laughed off my suggestion in the last few weeks. He nervously commented on the age difference of McCain and Palin and cracked a few old man/beauty queen jokes but you could tell he was worried. No other choice, not Ridge, not Romney, not Lieberman, definately not Pawlenty would have come close to bringing more voters McCain's way - and before you start yelling about bitter Hillary voters - that's not what I'm talking about here - than Sarah Palin. At the risk of repeating myself here...She's a woman! She's a mother of five (including a downs syndrome child)!! She's Pro-Life!!! She's a hunter and a fisher(man)!!!! She's fiscally conservative!!!!! She's liked by evangelicals and fiscal conservatives alike!!!!!! And....here's where I'll get in trouble but hear me out...She's hot!!!!!! You may laugh that off or think I'm being sexist but think seriously how America elevates good looks (not just America but everywhere). She seems to have everything but experience (much like Obama)....time will surely tell what kind of a speaker/debater she is but I cannot stress enough what a shrewd and brilliant pick Palin is. Point: how many times have you heard about Obama's brilliant speech last night??? I've been watching the news all day and haven't seen one clip of it!!!! Oh well, time will surely tell. Kinda looking forward to watching this campaign - can't wait to see how she'll do against Biden. All of a sudden things are getting exciting - a nervous kind of exciting, but exciting nevertheless.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #193
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoteque View Post
WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!

McCAIN - PALIN ALL THE WAY!!!
Oh yeah, I remember you making comments about gay marriage being unequal in my journal and then never responding to a bunch of people counter-arguing your statement.

Hi.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #194
Blue Crack Supplier

I think it's absurd that some people think Democrat women will just vote for any Republican if she's a woman.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #195
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
did you just dust off the talking points?

everyone knows that "most liberal voting record" is applied to whatever democrat happens to be running that year.

yes, Obama is vastly more qualified to be president than Sarah Palin.

but, please, go ahead and make that case. it should be entertaining.
So, you think Obama's voting record has been unusually conservative for a democrat?

Yes, an arguement can be made that Obama is slightly more experienced having been in the US Senate for just two years when he announced he was running for President. At the same time, Sarah Palin has experience from being governor that neither McCain, Biden, or Obama has.

Over the past 40 years, the American Public has shown a preference for Presidential tickets with governor's. A governor has been on the winning ticket every time, except 1988.

In addition, the McCain/Palin ticket is a more outside the beltway of Washington ticket than the Obama/Biden ticket.

Tags
john mccain, sarah palin