Oh Hillary, Hillary, Hillary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am for one glad to be rid of the bickering. Not only here, but also between Hillary AND Obama. They have EACH been guilty of saying and doing stupid things throughout their respective campaigns.

I agree with this:

Why don't you try offering up discussion points? Your personal criticisms? Comments on the article/editorial? Anything but posting a random link.

Harry Vest, it would really serve you better to present some sort of a discussion, not just posting a link.

Vintage Punk, the eyerolling is a bit rude.

why do we have an eye-rolling smiley if it's rude to use it?

Do I really need to clarify when it's okay and when it's not to use a particular smiley? Do I seriously need to give examples of situations where it would be okay? I think we should all be able to figure that out for ourselves.

I think Vintage Punk was using it in a way that was showing rudeness towards another member. Is it really so hard to just be nice and civil towards each other when discussing things?

I've just never seen a mod comment on it before. It was used the way it's always used. :shrug:

It shouldn't be used negatively towards other members like that, it's basically along the lines of a personal attack, being rude to another person.

I think that smiley is better used not in direct, serious response to members and their opinions. An example of when it could be used? Let's say somebody posted a link to a news article you found ridiculous. You could :rolleyes: in response to the article. However...:rolleyes: in response to the person who posted the article isn't appropriate.

My apologies for getting the thread off course with this. I'd rather just have the topic continue now. But I hope I have helped clarify things about the smiley though, and you can contact me outside of this thread (PM or email) if you want to discuss it more!

I'm not trying to be overly strict or anything, so I hope I don't seem uptight...just trying to keep the peace! :)

Back
Top Bottom