OH God Noooooooooo....I cannot support Wesly Clark - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2003, 06:58 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Come visit California next year, pick up a driver's license and register to vote. You can then pick your anybody-but-Bush Democrat in the 2004 election.
I don't know where you got the impression I'd vote for a Democrat (ie. a Republican in disguise).

But thanks for the tip. Were I not going down to Africa next year, maybe I'd fly out to LA, just you know, for shits and giggles.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:24 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine

Also on another thread you said you may yet support GWB, how can you even consider that with shis stinking domestic policies? Clean Air Act = lowering standards for rebuilding plants, Healthy Forests = logging in previously forbidden national forests, I could and will go on aand on and on if you like.

You are the thinking type of person that the WORLD needs now.
It all very much depends on who the nominee is.....That is all I can say for now. Until the field clears a little more I am still leaning towards GW.

Don't worry people, I have worked through my emotions on this. I am just afraid that MM will hurt Clark's chances. Which in reality, I am not convinced he is running for President, but VP.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:25 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish
You know how I feel.

Screw Dean. Clark's the man.

No really...tell us what you tink
Old 09-15-2003, 08:10 PM   #19
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Dread, I was a little surprised at this myself. The way I look at it just because a political wacko or whatever is supporting a candidate really isn't a reason I can't. I honestly don't know alot about Michael Moore except for his speech at the Oscars. Dixiecrats.......
I take real offense at your definition of MM as a POLITICAL WACKO.

I think if you would take the time to watch BFC you would find that he really is a regular redneck , loud mouth. Only he has a more progressive agenda, especially because a 6 yr old killed another 6 yr old in his home town. Same to DSX. watch then decide.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #20

I support a Kerry-Clark ticket, or a Clark-Kerry ticket. I respect Dean as a democrat, and i think he'd of course be better than Bush, but i still don't think he'd make a good president.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:20 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

60 Minutes did a good segment on MM recently as well. It was interesting.....

Not enough to convince me Verte is wrong however!!!!

HEHEHE!!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:24 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

i loathe michael moore but i'm not going to let that stop me from possibly supporting general clark.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:50 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:21 AM
Quote:

I think if you would take the time to watch BFC you would find that he really is a regular redneck , loud mouth. Only he has a more progressive agenda, especially because a 6 yr old killed another 6 yr old in his home town. Same to DSX. watch then decide.
Oops! I goofed! I didn't mean to specifically refer to MM as a "political wacko". I meant more in the vein of *other* people who support my candidate not affecting who I decide to support. Like I said, I don't know anything about Michael Moore and I have no business declaring that he's a "political wacko". The word "wacko" is one of those grey words that really doesn't mean anything to me. It can mean funny as heck, such as "are you going to use your wacko restaurant menu sign"?
Old 09-15-2003, 09:37 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:21 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure I saw that in Verte's statement. I'd agree with her if she said it.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:05 PM   #25
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower
i loathe michael moore but i'm not going to let that stop me from possibly supporting general clark.
Why do you loathe him?

Of course he is a plebian loud-mouth man. A particular burr in the Politrats shoe. But have you read his books or seen his movies? Or are you just getting your opinion from the news.

This is my challenge to all the FYMer's read it or SHUT UP. I dare to come back with intelligent rebuttals, or better yet facts, of his remarks.

COBS
Old 09-15-2003, 10:25 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

The only intelligent response I can thing of is....

He sucks.....

Nah nah nah nah

He sucks!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:27 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:21 AM
Scarletwine, I'm definitely getting BFC and watching it. I don't watch that many movies because of limited access to the right technology. Can you say "must borrow DVD player since I don't own one"? I'll have access to one in the very near future however.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:32 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

BFC, while it had its factual issues, did raise some very, very important questions about both the gun culture and the culture of fear in the USA, particularly in comparison to the rest of the western world. It is not a perfect film, nor is it really a documentary in a true sense, but it most certainly doesn't suck.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:57 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
BFC, while it had its factual issues, did raise some very, very important questions about both the gun culture and the culture of fear in the USA, particularly in comparison to the rest of the western world. It is not a perfect film, nor is it really a documentary in a true sense, but it most certainly doesn't suck.
I never said the film sucks....
Old 09-16-2003, 08:18 AM   #30
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:21 PM
I'd give anything to see this Bowling for Columbine. I dont think anyone has a clue if or when it will ever be released here. I'd even import it, but we are in a different zone.

It really shouldn't be a pre-requisite for anyone to have seen any movie or read any book to be able to form an intelligent and learned opinion. Apart from specifics to any book or movie, its not essential in discussing an individual in a broader sense.