Oh Canada!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Seconds ago, in a vote of 158 to 133 in favor, Bill C-38 has passed through the House of Commons and now the only thing standing in front of it becoming law is for the Governor-General to sign her name to it. That is scheduled to be done tomorrow morning.

Bill C-38 is the law that will legalize same-sex civil marriage in all of Canada.

:applaud::applaud:
:applaud::applaud:

It's about damn time. :up:

Well done. Fucking shame the same can't be said about this country, where the argument against it made by our socially backwards/inept Prime Minister was probably the weakest I've heard anywhere on earth.

Se7en said:
let's take this time to thank them for other cultural advancements over the years: brian adams:applaud:
i think legalizing gay marriage MORE than makes up for inflicitng bryan adams onto the world.

:heart: canada :heart:

lmjhitman said:

i think legalizing gay marriage MORE than makes up for inflicitng bryan adams onto the world.

:heart: canada :heart:

i was being silly, my sweet. i miss the nordiques and love molson golden. my list wasn't TOTALLY sarcastic. :D

standing on your mother's porch...:whistle:

Hey, I don't feel different. Isn't the world supposed to end?

We are the third nation along with Belgium and the Netherlands to have this passed nationally.

I wonder how much play this will get down south, maybe this is why Bush decided to have his speech tonight. Don't want you Yanks to get any ideas!:wink:

Well, it's been 3.5 hours now since it passed, and - shockingly - society hasn't fallen apart yet!! :ohmy:

I fully expect to wake up in 7 hours to total anarchy and 20-hour lines at the divorce courts and people openly sodomizing each other in the streets.

DaveC said:
I fully expect to wake up in 7 hours to total anarchy and 20-hour lines at the divorce courts and people openly sodomizing each other in the streets.

Ah.

Wednesday mornings in Alberta.

:sexywink:

After that Se7en, I say it's high time we make it official and open the menvelope of our unspoken love to the world.

- The Un:shh:

Coo coo coo coo coo....
Take off to the great white north
Its a beauty way to go

:dancing:

trevster2k said:
Coo coo coo coo coo....
Its a beauty way to go

:dancing: