Oh Canada!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of Canada, I've wanted to take a vacation somewhere relatively remote there someday. Newfoundland seems quite fascinating to me.

Well, it's not as if poor people can afford vacations anyway.

Melon

Se7en said:
try the northwestern territories, they aren't even a frickin province. :happy:

Heh...I think NWT/Nunavut is a little too remote for me right now. Maybe when I'm feeling a bit adventurous. :sexywink:

Melon

melon said:
Speaking of Canada, I've wanted to take a vacation somewhere relatively remote there someday. Newfoundland seems quite fascinating to me.

Well, it's not as if poor people can afford vacations anyway.

Melon
:up: i've heard newfoundland is a lovely place to go for a vacation, melon. i'd like to visit there one day myself.

I'm from Newfoundland. I never appreciated it until I left. We have

-a rugged coastline

-small quaint communities speckled along said coastline

-the majestic Northern Range mountains along with Viking settlements on the northern peninsula at L'Anse aux Meadows, we also have fjords up there

-great camping parks, great fishing/hunting ( got to get me moose,by)

-2 cities (Corner Brook in central, along with St. John's on the east coast),

-George Street in St. John's is the best place for drinking and partying if you like that sort of thing (go to Trapper John's and get screeched in or visit in August and see the George Street Festival during Regatta day week and get screeched in in front of thousands of newfies on a stage)

-but you can travel south for about an hour and go whale watching in late summer which is awesome

-it's cheap, people are friendly, very laidback, and we have a long history if you like that stuff.

-tons of festivals all summer long all over the province. It only takes about 9-12 hours to drive from one end to another.

AND SAME SEX MARRIAGE.:wink:

You can visit France too which is just off our south coast in the form of the islands, St.Pierre & Miquelon, yep, they use Euros.

Did I overwhelm you, sorry melon, but I'm going home to St. John's in less than 3 weeks for almost a month and I get to go the George Street Festival. :dancing:

I am so excited.:hyper:

Last edited:
Se7en said:

:(

:sigh:

i just can't win. :angry:
you'll never lose with me, my dear se7en. :sexywink:

with cujo however, i wouldn't be so sure.

i'm not trying to woo you away from him though.

:flirt: :flirt: :flirt:

*Is :lol: at some of the comments in this thread* You people are funny :D.

Also, yeah, really, where is all this death and destruction that was supposed to come along with same-sex marriage being legalized? Where's all the decay of society? The sun still came up this morning here! WTF?

:p.

Also, my mom's family went to Canada once when she was a kid. I wouldn't mind visiting that country someday :up: :).

Angela

trevster2k said:
I'm from Newfoundland. I never appreciated it until I left. We have

-a rugged coastline

-small quaint communities speckled along said coastline

-the majestic Northern Range mountains along with Viking settlements on the northern peninsula at L'Anse aux Meadows, we also have fjords up there

-great camping parks, great fishing/hunting ( got to get me moose,by)

-2 cities (Corner Brook in central, along with St. John's on the east coast),

-George Street in St. John's is the best place for drinking and partying if you like that sort of thing (go to Trapper John's and get screeched in or visit in August and see the George Street Festival during Regatta day week and get screeched in in front of thousands of newfies on a stage)

-but you can travel south for about an hour and go whale watching in late summer which is awesome

-it's cheap, people are friendly, very laidback, and we have a long history if you like that stuff.

-tons of festivals all summer long all over the province. It only takes about 9-12 hours to drive from one end to another.

AND SAME SEX MARRIAGE.:wink:

You can visit France too which is just off our south coast in the form of the islands, St.Pierre & Miquelon, yep, they use Euros.

Did I overwhelm you, sorry melon, but I'm going home to St. John's in less than 3 weeks for almost a month and I get to go the George Street Festival. :dancing:

I am so excited.:hyper:

Trevster...better brush-up before you come back to the rock...

Last time I checked we had three cities
(Mount Pearl, Helloooo?) :eyebrow:

Corner Brook is on the WEST coast (I live 20 minutes away, in Pasadena).

I wouldn't oversell George Street...let's just say Paris Hilton would absolutely adore it...:yuck:...I guess if you're a drinker (which I'm not), it starts looking like a fun spot after a few. There are plenty of cool cafes around for the non-party animals.

L'Anse aux Meadows is great, but Gros Morne is better.

Yes, we are all pretty friendly here, but there are some places where service just plain sucks.

Overall, however, it's a special place on earth, and if you like the outdoors, hiking, kayaking, etc., you'll have the adventure of a lifetime....:up:

Last edited:
angelordevil said:

Trevster...better brush-up before you come back to the rock...

Last time I checked we had three cities
(Mount Pearl, Helloooo?) :eyebrow:

Corner Brook is on the WEST coast (I live 20 minutes away, in Pasadena).

I wouldn't oversell George Street...let's just say Paris Hilton would absolutely adore it...:yuck:...I guess if you're a drinker (which I'm not), it starts looking like a fun spot after a few. There are plenty of cool cafes around for the non-party animals.

L'Anse aux Meadows is great, but Gros Morne is better.

Yes, we are all pretty friendly here, but there are some places where service just plain sucks.

Overall, however, it's a special place on earth, and if you like the outdoors, hiking, kayaking, etc., you'll have the adventure of a lifetime....:up:

Oh, sorry about the Corner Brook thing, I get it mixed up with Grand Falls-Windsor, I from St. John's and have only been past Terra Nova when driving to the ferry.:shrug:

Mt. Pearl don't count, it is surrounded by St. John's plus I forgot.:wink:

Have any of you Newfies visited Labrador? Is there anything there?! :wink:

Melon

Nope, never been there but I read Lure of the Labrador Wild. I like to think of it as a colder and more rugged version of the island.

But don't ask me, I don't know the locations or existence of cities in my home province.:lol:

Its funny, seeing the thread and that thee was 4 pages allready on it I thought to myself oh here we go, a big shit throwin match, but no, there is not one negative thing in the whole thread (except newfoundland :)

What a great thing for Canada and non-Canadians, believe in equal rights and it will come to your country soon!

*proud to be Canadian*

Let's hope that this is some kind of inspiration for other countries to follow. Love is love - end of story.

bonoman said:
Its funny, seeing the thread and that thee was 4 pages allready on it I thought to myself oh here we go, a big shit throwin match, but no, there is not one negative thing in the whole thread (except newfoundland :)

Nothing negative....just a lover's spat:wink:

melon said:
Have any of you Newfies visited Labrador? Is there anything there?! :wink:

Melon

Labrador is incredible...it's commonly referred to as "The Big Land" because of the vast swaths of untouched beauty and wilderness. It's great "up" there. Many people on the island often overlook it, including me.

It's got it's own identity, it's own flag, etc. I lived in Labrador City for about a year, and really enjoyed the experience.

If you check out this site, they can actually send you a travel guide in the mail to help you get going...

http:// www. gov. nf.ca/tourism/

Back
Top Bottom