Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
And they're off ! :corn:

Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack launches his campaign, filing documents with federal election commission. Guess the winner of that caucus is a pretty easy guess.

Rumors? Speculation? Discussion?

Varitek said:

Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack launches his campaign, filing documents with federal election commission. Guess the winner of that caucus is a pretty easy guess.

Rumors? Speculation? Discussion?

haha, that didnt take him long.

someone from iowa in the national spotlight. :ohmy:

:wink:

i really dont have any idea who i want in 08, and there's a hell of a long time before we'll know the candidates with a chance...

Right now if Obama doesn't run (which I am not sure yet if he will, because he needs to show to the American people that he's got more going for him besides the rock star status - and believe me, I love the guy, but am not sure he's ready to run a successful bid for President) I have no holy clue. It's looking like Hillary at the moment.

redhotswami said:
Back to your topic though...if Kucinich doesn't run again I want Obama :drool:

While I love Obama and he's worked quietly on some important legislation, I do think he should wait until 2012 or 2016 (hopefully 2016 :sexywink:). I'll probably vote for him if he runs, because everyone else is either Hillary or very conservative. But I don't think he should. On the other hand, we got NOBODY (and neither do the Republicans, please god anyone but Romney) so who knows.

I like Edwards a lot, I'm not sure if he's electable given that he's been out of the spotlight, but Ilike him a lot, he's another guy I'd consider. I am laughing at the "draft Gore" folks but I wouldn't be too opposed to that either - I think he's learned a lot in the past 8 years. Plus, he won once, so maybe he can win again. :mad: Then there's Clark, who I didn't mind last time around, and might make a nice candidate for this stage in the war.

Russ! :love:

I remember watching his campaign ads the very first time he ran for office in Wisconsin. Good times ...

I'd love to see a "real" Democrat like Howard Dean, but of course that will never happen. My guess is Clinton vs. McCain...somebody else can forecast the winner of that one.

I think Obama's recent musing that he might run was just a ploy to help the Dems in the midterms, and to promote his new book. I think he'll hold off until 2012

Call me crazy, but I think it'll be Gore (with either Bill Richardson or Evan Bayh as VP) against Romney (with Huckabee or Hunter as VP).

^what can I say, I'm a baseball fan (hence my handle). For people who don't know what that means, "hot stove" in baseball is the rumormill and speculation surrounding trades, contract signings, etc.

Varitek said:
^what can I say, I'm a baseball fan (hence my handle). For people who don't know what that means, "hot stove" in baseball is the rumormill and speculation surrounding trades, contract signings, etc.

Go Red Sox!

And go Chuck Hagel !!! I'm just not sure if he has the sizzle to compete.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Right now if Obama doesn't run (which I am not sure yet if he will, because he needs to show to the American people that he's got more going for him besides the rock star status - and believe me, I love the guy, but am not sure he's ready to run a successful bid for President) I have no holy clue. It's looking like Hillary at the moment.

I dont/cant follow much of your politics, due to lack of exposure, but he is quite determined in all of his career to stick to the issues rather than the media bullshit, isn't he? He said in one interview that he wont run smear campaigns but will instead advertise his goals. Has he done otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom