Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #931
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:40 AM
-

Old 09-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #932
She's the One

Local Time: 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
This is funny coming from you.

It is.

And you adddress challenges in threads rather than ignore the hard ones.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #933
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

By making this political. Just because it doesn't include some references to the war in Iraq, he nays it.

"six resolution paragraphs establishing Sept. 11 as a day of remembrance, extending sympathies to families of victims who died and honoring those who have fought in Afghanistan and Iraq."

He can't even support that. That is a slap in the face to the families of 9/11 victims and the families of soldiers.

He has to make it political.
no.

this is something your friends at fox news won't be telling you

Quote:
Congressman Dennis Kucinich has just announced that he will begin holding new hearings into 9/11 beginning in September because "the Commission Final Report... never resolved certain conflicts." '9/11 PRESS FOR TRUTH' details those conflicts like no other movie has, featuring five members of the 9/11 Family Steering Committee (the small group of victim's relatives who forced the creation of the 9/11 Commission), who reveal for the first time in the movie that "70% of our questions" were not answered by the Final Report.
he is the only one who is not slapping the victims in the face. he is the only one who is trying to push this investigation forward to get them the answers they deserve.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #934
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:40 AM
Maybe he got worded up on the Zionist betrayal by Bashir al Assad
Old 09-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #935
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

you adddress challenges in threads rather than ignore the hard ones.

Oh, excuse me for calling people out when they say stupid and/or just plain wrong statements. I don't care if they are "hyperbole."
Old 09-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #936
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Oh, excuse me for calling people out when they say stupid and/or just plain wrong statements. I don't care if they are "hyperbole."
Well, do you care to address the other statements made since your last one?

And by it being hypebole, it is not stupid or just plain wrong, it is a figure of speech. Most recognized here that he meant "2816 believes that Iraq was somehow involved in 9/11."
Old 09-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #937
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

what do you think of what i posted?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #938
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:40 AM
Quote:

This is the second time you have tried to call me out on an attempt at humor, one that most others got. Humor can't be wrong or right, it can only be good or bad.

When I made this comment and when I made the Fox News will not call him a Democrat comment, those were attempts at humor. Most people got them because they understood the references I was making; which were you still equate 9/11 with Iraq, and Fox has called Republicans Democrats when there is scandal involved. Now these attempts may be funny or they may not be, that's up to you all, but you can't label them right or wrong. Are we clear?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 AM   #939
Refugee

Local Time: 08:40 AM
Wait a minute. Are you guys saying that 9/11 and the war in Iraq are not related????? Didn't the President and his administration say that we are going into Iraq because they have ties to al-Qaeda???

Am I missing something here??? Surely, the President would know whether there is a connection with 9/11 or not wouldn't he???? And he certainly wouldn't lie about it right?

But hey, even if Iraq doesn't have connections with 9/11, President Bush did a good thing by going in and taking those WMD's out of Saddam's control.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #940
Blue Crack Addict

Thompson Says He's No Churchgoer, Won't Tout Religion on Stump

Kim ChipmanTue Sep 11

Sept. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Republican presidential contender Fred Thompson, who has based his campaign on appealing to conservative voters, said he isn't a regular churchgoer and doesn't plan to speak about his religion on the stump.

Thompson, in his first campaign stop in South Carolina, told a crowd of about 500 Republicans yesterday that he gained his values from ``sitting around the kitchen table'' with his parents and ``the good Church of Christ.''

Talking to reporters later, Thompson, a former Tennessee senator, said his church attendance ``varies.''

``I attend church when I'm in Tennessee. I'm in McLean right now,'' he said referring to the Virginia suburb of Washington, D.C., where he lives. ``I don't attend regularly when I'm up there.''

Thompson said he usually attends church when visiting his mother in Tennessee and isn't a member of any church in the Washington area.

Thompson's remarks may not play well with religious voters who represent a sizable segment of the Republican Party and whose support he has been courting, portraying himself as a ``common sense conservative.'' President George W. Bush received 78 percent of the evangelical Christian vote in 2004 while Democrat John Kerry got 21 percent of that vote, according to the Pew Research Center.

Talking About God

Thompson's comment about not speaking out about his personal religious beliefs prompted a question from the crowd on whether he would commit to talking about God nationwide, not just in a southern state such as South Carolina, where many people identify themselves as evangelical Christians.

``I know that I'm right with God and the people I love,'' he said in Greenville. It's ``just the way I am not to talk about some of these things.''

Thompson's churchgoing habits weren't a problem for at least one onlooker.

``As long as he was acclimated in some kind of church, involved in the church, that's very important,'' said Jamie Darnell, 27, of Greenville.

Asked by reporters later to clarify his stance on religion, Thompson said: ``Me getting up and talking about what a wonderful person I am and that sort of thing, I'm not comfortable with that, and I don't think it does me any good. People will make up their own mind about that, and that's the way I like it.''
Old 09-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #941
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Thompson, in his first campaign stop in South Carolina, told a crowd of about 500 Republicans yesterday that he gained his values from ``sitting around the kitchen table'' with his parents and ``the good Church of Christ.''

question for Republicans/conservatives:

does this stuff really fly with you? i mean, do you believe it? do you believe Fred? do you believe that you can take a boy out of Tennessee and have him go off and act in a bunch of movies and fuck a whole bunch of women and go to DC and be in the Senate and fuck a whole bunch of women and not do anything for 8 years but fuck a whole bunch of women and that he's still just a regular guy from Tennessee? do fuzzy homilies like these resonate with you? do you think homespun knowledge is better than what you might learn in a junior year political science seminar?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #942
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Sept. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Republican presidential contender Fred Thompson, who has based his campaign on appealing to conservative voters, said he isn't a regular churchgoer and doesn't plan to speak about his religion on the stump.

Besides being on Law & Order, this is the first thing I like about this man...

I said it last week, if this man get's the nom, he'll lose a big portion of the voters that made it possible for Bush to "win"().
Old 09-12-2007, 10:20 AM   #943
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

question for Republicans/conservatives:

does this stuff really fly with you? iseminar?
Yes, works for me.

dbs
Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #944
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Yes, works for me.

dbs

why? doesn't it strike you as bullshit?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #945
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

why?
I can answer that, because he has an 'R' next to his name. That letter erases all double standards and hypocricies.