Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #901
Refugee

Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

What do you like about him?
He was a very popular actor on Law and Order.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #902
War Child

Local Time: 10:42 AM
It's appropriate having an actor enter the contest, since they're all liars who are only acting anyway.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #903
War Child

Look at this, some woman is claiming the Clintons or someone in their camp broke into her home and stole a manuscript of a negative book she was writing about them.

http://www.nbc12.com/newslettertest/9698922.html

Reeks of Marilyn Monroe's diary disappearing The powerful will do what it takes to stay that way, this is why they should never be trusted.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #904
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

what on earth has Thompson done? he calls himself lazy, to boot.
In that case, he'll be following in the footsteps of his heroes. Bush has the record for most vacation days taken by a president followed closely by Reagan.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080201703.html
Old 09-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #905
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA
Look at this, some woman is claiming the Clintons or someone in their camp broke into her home and stole a manuscript of a negative book she was writing about them.

http://www.nbc12.com/newslettertest/9698922.html

Reeks of Marilyn Monroe's diary disappearing The powerful will do what it takes to stay that way, this is why they should never be trusted.
Yes, or an unknown author needs some publicity for her next book.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #906
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Washington Post

A top adviser to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney appears to be behind today's launch of a new Web site attacking GOP presidential rival Fred Thompson.

The site, www.phoneyfred.org, paints an unflattering picture of Thompson, dubbing him: Fancy Fred, Five O'clock Fred, Flip-Flop Fred, McCain Fred, Moron Fred, Playboy Fred, Pro-Choice Fred, Son-of-a-Fred and Trial Lawyer Fred.

Shortly after a Washington Post reporter made inquiries about the site to the Romney campaign, the site was taken down.

Before it vanished, the front page of the website featured a picture of a regal Thompson dressed in a frilly outfit more befitting a Gilbert and Sullivan production than a presidential campaign. Under the heading, "Playboy Fred," the site asks the question: "Once a Pro-Choice Skirt Chaser, Now Standard Bearer of the Religious Right?"

Nowhere on the site does it indicate who is responsible for it. But a series of inquiries leads directly to the website of Under the Power Lines, the political consulting firm of Warren Tompkins, Romney's lead consultant in South Carolina.

The website is hosted by a company called bluehost.com, a firm based in Orem, Utah. An inquiry of that website about phoneyfred.org returns the following statement: "Domain phoneyfred.org is still attached to your politicalnetroots.com account as Addon," the site states. "For security reasons, you must remove it BEFORE you can continue. After detaching phoneyfred.org from politicalnetroots.com, you should experience some brief downtime on phoneyfred.org while its DNS propagates to your new account."

The site www.politicalnetroots.com brings up the homepage for "Under the Power Lines," which lists Tompkins as "Partner, Consultant," along with Terry Sullivan and Welsley Donehue.

South Carolina politics is known to be rough-and-tumble. In 2000, it was in South Carolina that then-candidate John McCain ran into an organized effort to tar his character, including anonymous allegations that he had fathered a black child.

At the time, then-candidate George Bush was desperate to stop a surging McCain, who had just won a stunning upset in the New Hampshire primary. Tompkins was the chief strategist for Bush in South Carolina at the time, though Bush campaign officials have always denied that the campaign was responsible for the attacks.

A spokesman for Romney's campaign said he would look into questions about the anti-Thompson site. "Our campaign is focused on the issues and ideas that are of paramount concern to voters," said spokesman Kevin Madden. "The website we are focused on is MittRomney.com."

Tompkins did not return calls or emails for comment.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #907
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:42 AM

I think it's almost time for Mitt to pull out, you see at the end of the day, I'm a pramatic polictical realist
He hasn't got any real traction, and it's too bad if one of his staffers did this and/or if Mitt sanctioned this, I hope that isn't true.

He should save his money, bow out and throw his support probably behind Fred and hopefully unite the GOP behind the larger threat.

btw-the link to phonyfred is dead, on my comp anyway.
dbs
Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #908
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I wish I knew why people here support Kucinich. How can you defend something like this?:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296430,00.html

I'm glad he doesn't have snowball's chance in hell.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #909
Blue Crack Addict

What about his statement do you disagree with? That Iraq and Sept 11th terrorist attacks are not connected? That is the point he is trying to make here. Unlike everyone else, he is holding this administration accountable for their lies.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #910
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
and it's too bad if one of his staffers did this and/or if Mitt sanctioned this, I hope that isn't true.
I love how you are quick to blame a staffer, yet hold Clinton accountable and know about every dollar that comes in and where from in another thread... typical double standard.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #911
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
What about his statement do you disagree with? That Iraq and Sept 11th terrorist attacks are not connected? That is the point he is trying to make here. Unlike everyone else, he is holding this administration accountable for their lies.
Exactly. If more had a backbone they would have actually read the act word for word and voted against it as well.

But 286 believes we have satellite footage and that Iraqis were in the planes, so of course he's upset.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #912
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
I think it's almost time for Mitt to pull out, you see at the end of the day, I'm a pramatic polictical realist

hey, don't give up

his five sons are risking their lives!!!!
serving their country
trying to get Mitt elected
Old 09-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #913
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
I wish I knew why people here support Kucinich. How can you defend something like this?:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296430,00.html

I'm glad he doesn't have snowball's chance in hell.
He's doing it as a statement. He knew it was going to pass. It's not meant as a shot at victims and families of 9/11.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #914
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

It's not meant as a shot at victims and families of 9/11.
Well it sure comes off that way, and I hope he takes hell for this.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #915
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Well it sure comes off that way, and I hope he takes hell for this.
Did you read his statements? Where did he disgrace any victims?