Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #616
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:50 PM
First off, Mitt never said "oh boy"...

Second...

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Newsflash. We all hope the surge will work.
I wouldnt be so sure about that. Any hope the Democrat has to win in November depends upon a worsening situation in Iraq.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #617
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Your cynicism is charming. Contrary to popular Republican opinion, critics of the Bush administration do not want to see America lose.

And the hope of a Democratic win absolutely does not depend on a worsening Iraq. Up until now, with the recent reports of improvement, Iraq has been worsening steadily for quite some time. Iraq has been so bad for so long that its already done its damage to the Republican image.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 PM   #618
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Any hope the Democrat has to win in November depends upon a worsening situation in Iraq.
This is a lie that you've been sold by Rush, this adminstration, and all of it's other sheep.

Return it, you got ripped off. Try asking someone outside of your small world, you might be suprised.

And believe me the situation in Iraq, even if it gets better is horrible and the informed people are very well aware of that.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #619
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

http://www.againsthillary.com/hillarys-words/

She scares me more and more everyday.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #620
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

What an unbiased website.

2861, try getting your information from something a little lessed biased.

Try actually presenting facts as to why she scares, not just a bunch of "quotes" taken out of context or even backed up.

Just try.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #621
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
http://www.againsthillary.com/hillarys-words/

She scares me more and more everyday.
I love how this web site writes out "shit-kicker" but is afraid of spelling out words like "FUCK" and "GOD DAMN"
Old 08-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #622
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I think the funniest thing is the hypocricy of the poster, he got on a soapbox about how DailyKos is a hate site, then turns around and posts a site that's much worse.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #623
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I think the funniest thing is the hypocricy of the poster, he got on a soapbox about how DailyKos is a hate site, then turns around and posts a site that's much worse.
Well, on the plus side, every time we click on the link interference shows up on the list of referrers. Maybe we can recruit some people to the Light of Truth that is U2!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #624
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Wow they're so scared she'll win, it's delicious.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #625
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
It's apples and oranges. The site I gave provides a list of quotes that Mrs Clinton actually said. Those are facts. How is that the same as posting a picture of Senator Lieberman performing a sex act on the President?

I'm not sure how you can take any of those quotes "out of context." You can't. Accept the fact that she said all those things and is a mean, conceited woman. It will save you a lot of time.

Please tell me how "F**k off! It’s enough that I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I’m not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut." is taken out of context, BVS. I'm dying to know.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #626
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
Wow they're so scared she'll win, it's delicious.
I'm not scared of her winning at all. I'll say it again- I want nothing more than for her to be the Democratic nominee.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #627
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:

I'm not scared of her winning at all. I'll say it again- I want nothing more than for her to be the Democratic nominee.
The Republicans couldn't beat Bill Clinton in 1992, and it drove them crazy. They lost again in 1996, and it drove them so crazy they had to impeach him. Even during the height of his impeachment trial, and before he was totally exonerated and acquitted, his approval rating was a whopping 79%. (Contrast that with George Jr.'s approval rating, which is dwindling in the 20s, the lowest since Nixon.)

Then the Republicans couldn't beat Hillary in 2000, despite out-fundraising and out-spending her. And Hillary won again in 2006.

Say what you want about Hillary's policies, but don't forget that the Clintons simply - do - not - lose - elections. We all know you right-wingers are terrified of her, but get over it!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #628
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LyricalDrug

The Republicans couldn't beat Bill Clinton in 1992, and it drove them crazy. They lost again in 1996, and it drove them so crazy they had to impeach him. Even during the height of his impeachment trial, and before he was totally exonerated and acquitted, his approval rating was a whopping 79%. (Contrast that with George Jr.'s approval rating, which is dwindling in the 20s, the lowest since Nixon.)

Then the Republicans couldn't beat Hillary in 2000, despite out-fundraising and out-spending her. And Hillary won again in 2006.

Say what you want about Hillary's policies, but don't forget that the Clintons simply - do - not - lose - elections. We all know you right-wingers are terrified of her, but get over it!

As much as I despise the man, I have to accept that Bill was/is a good politician, and that he has charm/charisma/whatever you want to call it.

I dont think Hillary is as likable, and she wont fair as well in a national election as she may have in New York. A recent poll I saw had 47% of people liking Hillary, 49% dont like her. Compare that with Rudy, for example, who had 55% likability verses 32%
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #629
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

It's apples and oranges. The site I gave provides a list of quotes that Mrs Clinton actually said. Those are facts. How is that the same as posting a picture of Senator Lieberman performing a sex act on the President?

I'm not sure how you can take any of those quotes "out of context." You can't. Accept the fact that she said all those things and is a mean, conceited woman. It will save you a lot of time.

Please tell me how "F**k off! It’s enough that I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I’m not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut." is taken out of context, BVS. I'm dying to know.
Any quote can be taken out of context, don't fool yourself. Quotes can also be made up, many of these have no true sources, so instead of worry yourself over a bunch of one liners, just read up on her policies and make your own decision.

I'm guessing you didn't see some of the photoshopped photos of her on this page... Not exactly apples and oranges.

One is dedicated to the hatred of one person.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #630
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I dont think Hillary is as likable, and she wont fair as well in a national election as she may have in New York. A recent poll I saw had 47% of people liking Hillary, 49% dont like her. Compare that with Rudy, for example, who had 55% likability verses 32%

but we're done with politicians we "like." americans in general are. remember the "beer test" -- i.e., who would you rather have a beer with? Bush certainly had that over both Gore and Kerry, but Bush's presidency has been such an unmitigated disaster and he's sustained the lowest approval ratings in modern history. the issue, now, is going to be competency. who can govern. who is a grown up. who can make government function.

like her or hate her, what's great about HRC is that she is so centrist, poll-driven, and free of ideology, that she's simply not going to screw up and, like, bomb Iran or lose Tampa to a hurricane.

that's what's going to matter. she is cleaning up in the Democratic debates, and she'd destroy Giuliani head-to-head.

and keep in mind: she's running a national campaign. she's not going to shift once she (likely) gets the nod. Giuliani has been tacking to the right and screaming "islamic terrorists" in order to work up the frothy red base because he has to. he's then going to have to shift leftward to survive a general election.

and we haven't even touched on his "family value" problems.