Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinitum98 said:
I'm a Republican and I must say I have no respect for any of the Republican candidates except Ron Paul. He has the balls to stand up to his own party against the genocide in Iraq and has always been against it, from the very beginning, which is something that Hillary Clinton can't claim.

Ron Paul :drool:

I agree with you 100%. :up:

Irvine511 said:
if it's all about testosterone, then you *know* Hillary's going to win. girl's got a pair.

So you're basically implying that Hillary is rather masculine?

If a conservative poster said this on FYM, even in jest, they'd be hung, drawn and quartered.

:wink:

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:

McCain is the only respectable candidate of the Republican bunch

agreed, but that's what 8 years of kissing Bush ass will get you -- no respect at all.

Bush is Midas in reverse, everything he touches turns to shit.

poor McCain. i disagree with him on many things, but it's been sad to see this "maverick" bend over for Bush, and then be unmasked as a washed up old fool.

poor guy. sort of.

If you love FREEDOM!!

Light up!!

istockphoto_340575_old_man.jpg

God Bless the USA.

GOP White House hopeful Fred Thompson puzzled Iowans yesterday by insisting an Al Qaeda smoking ban was one reason freedom-loving Iraqis bolted to the U.S. side.

"They said, 'You gotta quit smoking,'" Thompson explained to a questioner asking about progress in Iraq during a town hall-style meeting.

Thompson said the smoking ban and terror tactics Al Qaeda used to oppress women and intimidate local leaders pushed tribes in western Anbar Province to support U.S. troops.

But Thompson's tale of a smokers' revolt baffled some in the audience of about 150 who came to decide whether the former Tennessee senator is ready for prime time.

2861U2 said:

From your link:

Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)

Death penalty DOES deter murders. (Jun 2007)

Voted YES on drilling ANWR on national security grounds. (Apr 2002)
Voted YES on defunding renewable and solar energy. (Jun 1999)

Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)

Voted NO on banning chemical weapons. (Apr 1997)
All wars are full of mistakes; trust General Petraeus. (Jun 2007)
Pre-emptive attack on Iran if close to nuclear weapon. (Jun 2007)
I would do essentially what the president's doing in Iraq. (Jun 2007) [because it's been working so well for us??]

Boy, I sure am sold on the guy now...

Wow, after taking a look at the link provided on the last page for Thompson...what a winner!:happy:

He has the mind of Bush and the career resume of Ronald Reagan. Stop the presses, Bono. I've finally found what I'm looking for. *sarcasm*:rolleyes:

Last edited:
martha said:

What do you like about him?

this is what i don't understand either.

at least Giuliani and McCain and Romney have done things with their time in office. broke up the mob, been one of the most respected members of the Senate with a reputation for working with the Democrats, and ran the 2002 Olympics, respectively.

what on earth has Thompson done? he calls himself lazy, to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom