Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:57 PM
McCain is indeed a disgrace. His position on contraceptives is disgusting.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:57 PM

What next from Mitt?

By Brian McGrory, Boston Globe Columnist | March 20, 2007

Now that Mitt Romney has flip-flopped on, deep breath here, abortion rights, gay rights, gun control, immigration policy, and campaign finance reform, what's left to reverse? Maybe this:

July 20, 2007

DES MOINES -- Trailing by double-digit margins in the polls to thrice-married Rudolph Giuliani and twice-married John McCain, presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced yesterday that he was seeking a divorce from his longtime wife, Ann.

"Where's my sweetheart?" Romney asked at the beginning of a speech to an overflowing crowd of supporters in this, the first caucus state. "Come on up here, Ann."

When Ann Romney arrived on stage, Romney said, "Can you believe we've been married 38 years?"

Then he added: "That's long enough. Tomorrow, I'm filing for divorce."

Leaving the podium at the end of the event, Romney was heard to tell an aide, "Let's see which way the divorcee vote breaks now."

Sept. 30, 2007

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- With the public rallying around Rudy Giuliani in his public estrangement from his son, Mitt Romney called a press conference to announce that he had severed all ties to his five boys.

Asked why, Romney glanced quizzically at an aide standing in the wings, then told the mob of reporters, "Um, because."

When pressed on what had always appeared to be his closeness to his sons, Romney responded, "Our relationship has evolved."

Dec. 5, 2007

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Presidential candidate Mitt Romney denied ever being governor of Massachusetts, telling supporters at a private fund-raiser: "Check the records. I was never there."

Jan. 20, 2008

CONCORD, N.H. -- Bested by John McCain in the first-in-the-nation primary here, Mitt Romney arrived at a press conference with the use of a walker and the aid of a healthcare worker and announced, "I'm not as young as I used to be."

Jan. 28, 2008

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Fading presidential candidate Mitt Romney got rip-roaring drunk at a local Hooters on the eve of the pivotal South Carolina primary.

Later that night, Romney appeared before reporters while gulping a Bud longneck and puffing on an unfiltered Pall Mall and announced: "I love NASCAR racing. The only reason I'm running for president is to make it an Olympic sport."

Told by a member of the news media that the president has no authority over the Olympics, Romney responded, "Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

Feb. 1, 2008

NEW YORK -- Former governor Mitt Romney, whose once bright political star has faded into a haze of contorted issue positions, cheap booze, loose women, and profanity-laced speeches, announced that he is converting from Mormonism to Judaism.

"I am, at heart, a Jewish man," Romney said, several days ahead of the critical New York primary. The proclamation came one day after he told a small crowd of yogis in California that he was forgoing his Mormon beliefs to pursue Eastern spirituality.

Feb. 6, 2008

BOSTON -- Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney withdrew from the presidential race with a rousing speech declaring his respect for gays as well as straights, his belief that abortion laws should remain unchanged, his disdain for guns that plague urban centers, and his tolerance for struggling immigrants who seek a better life on American shores.

Amid euphoric applause from a swelling crowd that included his wife and sons, Romney was asked why he didn't voice these beliefs during his failed campaign.

"It never occurred to me that people might like me for who I am," he said.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #213
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:57 PM
Old 03-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

Oh no, it must be bad news. I wonder if he'll drop out. That's very sad news.

Edwards, wife to hold news conference

(AP)John Edwards disclosed that his wife, Elizabeth, had breast cancer the day after he lost the vice presidency in the 2004 election. Now his political future may hinge on her health.

The couple planned a news conference in Chapel Hill, N.C., to discuss their plans Thursday, a day after visiting doctors who are monitoring Mrs. Edwards' recovery from the cancer.

Campaign officials refused to answer any questions about what the couple learned at the doctor's appointment or how it might affect Edwards' second presidential bid. Edwards had cut short a trip to Iowa to be with his wife but still attended a barbecue fundraiser Wednesday evening in Chapel Hill, their hometown.

The campaign had said Mrs. Edwards, 57, had a follow-up appointment Wednesday to a routine test she had Monday. The campaign explained that she had similar follow-ups in the past but they always resulted in a clean bill of health.

The campaign refused to describe what happened this time.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

She's a great lady, I hope the news is not the worst everyone is imagining.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

I know I'm really worried. Have they said anything about what time they plan to discuss it?

Elizabeth
Old 03-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

It's supposed to be around now
Old 03-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

She has cancer again, malignant. Largely confined in bone-in her rib.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Treatable but not curable? That doesn't sound promising
Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

It's terrible news.

I never thought he had a chance of winning the nomination but he was very progressive and had some good ideas. It is heartbreaking that it had to come for this.

He seems like a wonderful man and husband. I wish them the best.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
I can't imagine having the whole world knowing that I have cancer, such a personal thing to have out there. very sad that it came back.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

He's staying in the race. I hope she gets over this soon.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

This is what happened to my grandmother...she had breast cancer that spread to her ribcage and she ended up dying six months later

Hopefully Mrs. Edwards can get better treatment...my thoughts are with them.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
This is what happened to my grandmother...she had breast cancer that spread to her ribcage and she ended up dying six months later
I'm sorry about that sweetie

I am in awe of Elizabeth Edwards and of their relationship after seeing that press conference. I admire them so much. I don't know what else to say, there's really nothing much that you can.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #225
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:57 PM
ahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Love this.