Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:12 PM
From what I've read and heard Obama has exposed all of his skeletons himself in his books. Unless people will just try to create some that aren't even truly there-like the Madrassa bs. He seems very honest about himself and I admire that so much, in anyone. Unless there are skeletons he hasn't yet disclosed.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:12 PM
^ I like Obama a lot, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the V.P. slot. But I think he's too inexperienced to withstand the rigors of a national campaign. There's still a lot of dirt on him that hasn't been aired. (Like 99% of "dirt" thrown by Republicans, it's of course B.S., but it puts candidates on the defensive and drags down their poll numbers.)

I think Obama is this year's Howard Dean: very telegenic, and new on the scene, and very left-wing, which works well during the early days of primary season. But there's still a lot of time left. We'll see what happens. As long as the Democratic candidates stay focused on criticizing Bush and not each other, things should work out fine.

I should say that I'm working for the Clinton campaign, so I'm a little biased, of course!

Old 02-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Haha, why am I not surprised?

Romney to deliver commencement address at Pat Robertson's University

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will deliver a commencement address at Regent University this May, the Christian school founded by prominent Christian broadcaster and one-time presidential candidate Pat Robertson.

According to Regent spokeswoman Sherri Stocks, Robertson made the decision after Romney met with him at the University last December.

"The meeting went very well and the decision was made to invite him back and speak to our students," Stocks told CNN.

However Robertson has not endorsed Romney for president, Stocks said.

Stocks did not know if any other presidential candidates were considered for the address.

Sen. John McCain, one of Romney's chief rivals for the nomination, delivered the commencement address last May at the Rev. Jerry Falwell's Liberty University.

Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition, ran unsuccessfully for the GOP presidential nomination in 1988.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LyricalDrug
^
I think Obama is this year's Howard Dean: very telegenic, and new on the scene, and very left-wing, which works well during the early days of primary season.
Obama very left? Since when?

Very left is Kucinich. And somewhat less left, but clearly leaning that way is John Edwards. Obama is nowhere near that end of the spectrum.

Of course, everyone is left of Hillary who has (possibly at her own peril) swung far to the right as to not alienate independents.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Very left is Kucinich.
sorry, i know this isn't contributing to conversation. but his name hasn't been mentioned in awhile, and my heart just fluttered.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:46 PM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Obama very left? Since when?

Very left is Kucinich. And somewhat less left, but clearly leaning that way is John Edwards. Obama is nowhere near that end of the spectrum.

Of course, everyone is left of Hillary who has (possibly at her own peril) swung far to the right as to not alienate independents.
To be more clear, I mean "very left" in the sense that he's targeting the far left, by trumpeting his track record as having been against the Iraq war since day 1. And that makes him a strong primary candidate.

But you can't be President unless you can beat the Republican nominee. And most Americans are conservative by nature. If you want to get to the White House as a Democrat, you have to be near the center.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:08 PM   #157
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:12 AM
So very, very, very, very, very wrong http://hotair.com/archives/2007/02/1...t-ann-coulter/
Old 02-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think part of my soul just died.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

That's not even funny. At all. It's actually kind of sad how not funny it was.

Just another thing the right is shit at, I guess.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #160
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:12 AM
I think that iowahawk can dispel that myth before it gets started.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

those two are better at pissing me off than they are at making me laugh
Old 02-15-2007, 10:48 PM   #162
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
From what I've read and heard Obama has exposed all of his skeletons himself in his books. Unless people will just try to create some that aren't even truly there-like the Madrassa bs. He seems very honest about himself and I admire that so much, in anyone. Unless there are skeletons he hasn't yet disclosed.

I agree; it's very admirable.

I'd like to think that we've heard all of them, but you never know for sure, I guess.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:12 PM
Ahhhh last night was wonderful

At one point on the stage were the following men:

Gov. Doug Wilder (first black gov), Gov. Mark Warner, Gov. Tim Kaine, Sen. Webb, and Sen. Obama.

damn.

More to come later
Old 02-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Ahhhh last night was wonderful

At one point on the stage were the following men:

Gov. Doug Wilder (first black gov), Gov. Mark Warner, Gov. Tim Kaine, Sen. Webb, and Sen. Obama.

damn.

More to come later
I can't wait to hear all about it! I wish I could've gone
Old 02-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate John McCain, looking to improve his standing with the party's conservative voters, said Sunday the court decision that legalized abortion should be overturned.

"I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned," the Arizona senator told about 800 people in South Carolina, one of the early voting states.

McCain also vowed that if elected, he would appoint judges who "strictly interpret the Constitution of the United States and do not legislate from the bench."

The landmark 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade gave women the right to choose an abortion to terminate a pregnancy. The Supreme Court has narrowly upheld the decision, with the presence of an increasing number of more conservative justices on the court raising the possibility that abortion rights would be limited.

Social conservatives are a critical voting bloc in the GOP presidential primaries.

McCain's campaign also announced early Sunday that he had been endorsed by former Oklahoma Gov. Frank Keating, who had been considering his own bid for the White House, and former Texas Sen. Phil Gramm, who failed in his bid for the Republican nomination in 1996.

Keating told the crowd that McCain is the "only candidate who is a true-blue, Ronald Reagan conservative."

McCain later attended an evening rally promoting an abstinence program. He told the crowd of more than 1,000 teens and parents that young people have pressures far different from the ones he faced while growing up. "Sometimes I've made the wrong choice," McCain said.

He also talked about his experience as a prisoner of war during Vietnam, and described some of the torture he suffered. His captors "wanted to make us do things that we otherwise wouldn't do," including confessing to war crimes, McCain said.

He and fellow prisoners were beat up for practicing their religion, but they continued to do it. "Sometimes it is very difficult to do the right thing," he said.

McCain has strong name recognition and the largest network of supporters in South Carolina. That backing comes in part from his staunch support for the Iraq war, something on which he focused a day earlier in Iowa. But it's the same state that dealt a crushing blow to his presidential aspirations in 2000.

McCain is trying to build support among conservatives after a recent rebuke from Christian leader James Dobson, who said he wouldn't back McCain's presidential bid. Conservatives question McCain's opposition to a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. He opposes same-sex marriage, but says it should be regulated by the states.