Offensive Candy?? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

don't you FUCKING tell me about anything. i've lived on a farm my entire life and i know FUCKING WELL how animals are treated.

you and your pussy-footing friends that drive in the cities with gas guzzling SUVS are always the first to show the rest of us uneducated slobs the proper way of doing things.

screw that shit.

i for one couldn't give a rats ass about this candy. but it's the principle of the matter. something clearly you have absolutely no capacity to understand as you've more than properly demonstrated in this awful thread.
I worked on farms and have a agricultural education,..and chickenfarms, porkfarms and farms with young cows for the slaughter ( viel ?) is not the way of a good treathment in my uneducated opinion.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:21 PM

A few observations I'd like to offer:

(1) I suppose that all of the individuals in this thread and abroad opposed to these fake roadkill treats due to the ensuing "cruelty to animals" issue are both strict vegans and do not drive cars nor own or wear any leather accesories or clothes;

(B) the occurrence of "roadkill" in and of itself is seldom an intentional human act and therefore is not "cruelty to animals," as I frequently observe squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, lizards, pigeons, etc. crossing or playing in the road and seek not to hit them, but sometimes, without risking injury to myself and passing runners/cyclists/kids or the passengers of other vehicles, I am not successful in dodging them. I will say that I would rather run over a possum than for it to enter my home through my dog's doggie-door and terrorize my dog and spread infectious diseases. The other animals, with the exception of venomous snakes, do not bother me much and are not of the demeanor to go into people's houses. and,

(thirdly) wouldn't it be more "humane" to eat fake candy animals than to eat the real thing? Sure, it is making a mockery of the occurrence of roadkill but the earlier example of animal crackers is valid considering people's tendancies to consume those tasty little vanilla mammals in a "limb from limb" fashion. The manufacturer has NO subliminal message brainwashing kids to go out and try to run over snakes and armadillos with their tricycles; why would they?

And I found deathbear's posts in this thread to be intriguing.

~U2Alabama

Old 02-28-2005, 05:22 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:21 PM
this may be the first time I am agreeing with deathbear...that I know of...

Earthshell, you have jumped into many threads in FYM and WAR, and have acted like a troll...namecalling...ect....

I hope the door hits you on the way out.....
Old 02-28-2005, 05:36 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

thanks guyses. i wish i had abstained from swearing a blue streak, but i was extremely pissed off at the time.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:10 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84
lol, i'm done with this thread, but angela asked how old my daughter is.

she'll be twelve this fall.
Thanks for your answer. And U2Bama...well said . Great points.

Angela
Old 03-01-2005, 08:33 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:21 AM
Candy manufacturers create and test products that will appeal to children. Pretending to eat something "gross" is on top of kids' lists of things they like....ergo, gross and yes, even disgusting items therefore make it into your local retail outlet to be purchased and consumed.

Fine - you stopped Kraft Foods from making faux dead gummi animals because you found it offensive. I assume your next move is to protest the manufacturing of the original gummi bear - it promotes the idea that it's OK to bite a bear's head off.
Don't forget the aforementioned animal crackers and their insidious cousins, the frosted animal cracker (horrors!!). While you're at it, Teddy Grahams are another blatant attack on the bear population of the world - annilihate them. Pepperidge Farms Goldfish crackers, also previously mentioned - obviously desinged as a blueprint on how to start baking & biting the heads off of poor defenseless koi. Shut 'em down immediately!
How 'bout Baby Ruth candybars? We can't have kids thinking it's OK to go around biting little girls named "Ruth", can we? Certainly not!
I respect anyone who finds these candies offensive; I respect that you feel this is a sad reflection on society as a whole. But turnabout's fair play... You should also respect others' view that this is JUST a simple candy, created to appeal to kid's gross-out sensibilities.... nothing more.
Let's not shout & scream back and forth at each other over such a inconsequential non-issue when we're all mature enough to realize that everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #82
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 08:21 PM
Bravo BluRmGrl!!!

And let's not forget chocolate Easter bunnies, Gummi Worms and Peeps!!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Bravo BluRmGrl!!!
I'll second that. Excellent post .

Angela
Old 03-01-2005, 08:53 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:21 AM
Gosh....I'm blushing! Thanks, ladies.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:13 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl
Gosh....I'm blushing! Thanks, ladies.
Aw, you're welcome .

Angela
Old 03-01-2005, 10:57 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:21 PM
And what is wrong with the letter "M"? They are routinly destroyed in large numbers every day.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #87
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

Or maybe you're fully committed to the cause, but know the difference between actual animal abuse and harmless candy that won't get hurt in any way, shape, or form (seriously, so would you be against having animal crackers sold now? God knows what those could promote. And those goldfish crackers that bonosgirl84 was talking about (good point, and you're welcome ...do you think those shouldn't be sold anymore either? How far are we going to go here?).

As I said way, way back in this thread, it is just candy.

Angela
Indeed... it does make you wonder where it will stop.

I am the Manager of a chocolate shop. Over Easter, we get some very cute little rabbits and ducks to sell. Some of them fall off the shelves and break. I then have to smash them up completely and sell them off as misshaped chocs. I suppose I'd better tell the company that I can't do this amymore, and they'd best stop all the other Store Managers from doing so as well... we wouldn't want to promote cruelty to ducks and rabbits now, would we?

It wouldn't surprise me, quite frankly, if some people were offended by that.