Offensive Candy??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
this is retarded.

animal rights activists need to lick a bag, and get a life.

sure, there's a time and place for them, but SHIT! direct your energy where animals are actually being tormented!!!

idiots. i wanna fight em all.
you have no fucking clue what the animals go through on this planet. you don't think anyone should take responsibility for prmoting road kill? for promoting animal cruelty? do you have any fucking idea what they go through? look at the circus. we force animals into slavery for our benefit - sound familiar? guess who goes to the circus? kids! kids go to the circus, and we teach them that it's perfectly savvy to take it from it's environment and dont give a damn about the animal's well-being. they force animals to perform there even when it's ill. does that sound responsible to you?

especially to young kids - who religious idiots blame screw ups on not following their way of life. damn. go ahead and fuck up your kids, and see what happens. it all starts with promoting this shit. it starts with using "humor" to make animal abuse respectable. maybe you need to 'get a life' and 'lick a bag' of your own fecal matter.

and STILL no one has explained to me HOW it would encourage kids to be cruel.

do you suppose if my daughter was exposed to roadkill candy that she's going to take my car late at night and head for the highway? it doesn't make any sense.

it's funny, too, because i told her about this candy. and she laughed. and she still hid the mousetraps when we went to the market, and she still proudly carries her ASPCA membership card in her hello kitty wallet.

the candy is, indeed, in poor taste.

but i don't believe for one minute that it would cause a child to hurt an animal.

this is ridiculous. i never imagined such a lack of compassion.

no, the kids aren't going to take off in a car and run over the goddamn animals, but it sends the wrong message to them when they see this. you think parents are going to be responsible? you're wrong. they will buy this garbage for their kids. kraft is using humor as a means to devalue the well-being of animals. it begins a shameless mindset in abusive behavior.

go ahead and laugh, but this is unthinkably nasty.

earthshell said:
but it sends the wrong message to them when they see this.

If it sent the wrong message, as you so claim, then why did bonosgirl84 say that her daughter still carries an ASPCA card with her? She noticed the supposed message that you say this candy would promote, but yet still didn't buy into it. And how come my sister and I heard about this, and yet would still raise a whole lot of hell if we ever heard of an animal being abused? We didn't buy into that supposed message, either.

Bottom line, if some kid decides to support the abuse of animals because of this candy, that's the kid's fault, the kid is the idiot here, as are their parents for not teaching them that animal abuse is wrong, and the kid would've thought animal abuse was a good thing long before this candy existed, because their mind is just messed up.

It is not the fault of the candy makers-all this is is just a twisted type of candy that they want to make, for whatever reason. Don't start blaming them for kids' and parents' stupidity (and seriously, again, why do people think only kids are stupid enough to do things because some company supposedly says it's cool to do so? Why don't I ever hear about adults being stupid enough to act that way? Give kids some credit here, sheesh)

Originally posted by earthshell
you think parents are going to be responsible? you're wrong. they will buy this garbage for their kids.

And you know what? That's the parents' deal to worry about. Again, if they don't teach their kids that animal abuse is wrong, they're the idiots. It's not this company's job to teach children about the right or wrong ways to treat animals.

kraft is using humor as a means to devalue the well-being of animals.

And you're so sure that's their objective...how? That's a pretty hefty accusation you're making there, after all.

it begins a shameless mindset in abusive behavior.

Again, if that is indeed the case, then how come none of us here have any desire to start abusing animals as a result of hearing about this stuff? How come bonosgirl84's daughter still shows full support for the animal rights organization she belongs to?

Angela

thank you, angela, for supporting my point. :)

have any of you heard the tv commercial for those little goldfish crackers? the song goes something like, "the snack that smiles back, until you bite their heads off..."

it's funny. we laugh every time we see it. and they still sell goldfish crackers.

but my god, i'd better keep my daughter away from the koi pond...

Moonlit_Angel said:
If it sent the wrong message, as you so claim, then why did bonosgirl84 say that her daughter still carries an ASPCA card with her? She noticed the supposed message that you say this candy would promote, but yet still didn't buy into it. And how come my sister and I heard about this, and yet would still raise a whole lot of hell if we ever heard of an animal being abused? We didn't buy into that supposed message, either.
now that is just bullshit. there's a hypocrisy involved, simply entiled, it's called talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. if you were devout and committed to animal rights, you won't settle for this kind of shit. so she is a member of aspca - good for her - but she is unfaithful to the cause.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Bottom line, if some kid decides to support the abuse of animals because of this candy, that's the kid's fault, the kid is the idiot here, as are their parents for not teaching them that animal abuse is wrong, and the kid would've thought animal abuse was a good thing long before this candy existed, because their mind is just messed up.
how old are you again? i'm guessing you've never had to be a parent. kids don't know anything about responsiblity - they think they do. just saying 'animal abuse is wrong' and then saying nothing about this obscene candy isn't going to achieve jack shit. i knew i would have to kick my drug habits when my girlfriend (now ex gf, she refused to do anything about hers) got pregnant, and it was hard as all hell. now why did i do that? because i don't want them to get fucked up. ironically enough i lost custody, due to a personal matter i would rather not mention.

Moonlit_Angel said:
It is not the fault of the candy makers-all this is is just a twisted type of candy that they want to make, for whatever reason. Don't start blaming them for kids' and parents' stupidity (and seriously, again, why do people think only kids are stupid enough to do things because some company supposedly says it's cool to do so? Why don't I ever hear about adults being stupid enough to act that way? Give kids some credit here, sheesh)
they are targeting our kids with this sick shit. you would probably expect to see this at spencer's, but our kids? no, it is fucking wrong. they don't know any better, and corporations are taking advantage of it. no, i won't stand for this.

Moonlit_Angel said:
And you know what? That's the parents' deal to worry about. Again, if they don't teach their kids that animal abuse is wrong, they're the idiots. It's not this company's job to teach children about the right or wrong ways to treat animals.
tell that to any redneck, they'll be happy to maim and ridicule your value for their existence. the company's job is to make a buck, sure, but they don't have to go so low in order to do so. they are responsible for what they sell, and who they target.

Moonlit_Angel said:
And you're so sure that's their objective...how? That's a pretty hefty accusation you're making there, after all.
you honestly don't see this? for christ sakes, any agenda out there is going to use humor to further their agenda. they're a bunch of moral lacking neocons who believe it's perfectly acceptable to intentionally run over animals, they also believe it's perfectly acceptable to promote sadism on animals.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Again, if that is indeed the case, then how come none of us here have any desire to start abusing animals as a result of hearing about this stuff? How come bonosgirl84's daughter still shows full support for the animal rights organization she belongs to?
because maybe you're an adult? i'm assuming you are, at least.

earthshell said:
now that is just bullshit. there's a hypocrisy involved, simply entiled, it's called talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. if you were devout and committed to animal rights, you won't settle for this kind of shit. so she is a member of aspca - good for her - but she is unfaithful to the cause.

how dare you. you know nothing about me or my daughter. "unfaithful to the cause" because she laughed at roadkill candy?

i've seen your other posts. you argue for the fun of it, and it's boring.

Last edited:
earthshell said:
now that is just bullshit. there's a hypocrisy involved, simply entiled, it's called talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. if you were devout and committed to animal rights, you won't settle for this kind of shit. so she is a member of aspca - good for her - but she is unfaithful to the cause.[/B]
Now let's calm down a little. If you can state your cause respectfully, I'm sure we'd be happy to hear it.

earthshell said:

Or maybe you're fully committed to the cause, but know the difference between actual animal abuse and harmless candy that won't get hurt in any way, shape, or form (seriously, so would you be against having animal crackers sold now? God knows what those could promote. And those goldfish crackers that bonosgirl84 was talking about (good point, and you're welcome :)...do you think those shouldn't be sold anymore either? How far are we going to go here?).

As I said way, way back in this thread, it is just candy.

how old are you again? i'm guessing you've never had to be a parent. kids don't know anything about responsiblity - they think they do. just saying 'animal abuse is wrong' and then saying nothing about this obscene candy isn't going to achieve jack shit.

Uh, kids don't know anything about responsiblity? I would beg to differ, as I know many kids who are very responsible people, my sister and I (back when I was a kid...and I still am a responsible person now) included, and know the difference between right and wrong, because their parents took the time out of their lives to teach them that difference.

I'm 20 years old, and you're right, I'm not a parent, but since I do have experience in being a kid, I know that when I was younger, whenever I saw somebody advertise something on TV, that did not mean I had to automatically support it, buy it, agree with the message, what have you. Same goes with my sister, who is 16. And why did we know this stuff? Because of our parents, who raised us to know right from wrong. If I was 10 years old and my parents brought me this candy, I'd still say that actual animal abuse would be god-awful and would be flat out wrong, because my parents taught me that that was so. I would not begin thinking that it was cool to hurt animals just by eating roadkill candy.

i knew i would have to kick my drug habits when my girlfriend (now ex gf, she refused to do anything about hers) got pregnant, and it was hard as all hell. now why did i do that? because i don't want them to get fucked up. ironically enough i lost custody, due to a personal matter i would rather not mention.

Yeah, because you knew that if you were still on drugs, you'd be irresponsible and unable to care for your kids.

they are targeting our kids with this sick shit. you would probably expect to see this at spencer's, but our kids? no, it is fucking wrong.

They aren't targeting kids-keep in mind that adults eat candy, too. They are merely selling a product, just like everyone else. It is up to us as consumers to decide whether or not we want to buy the stuff, and any negative things we do upon buying that product are OUR fault, not the company's.

they don't know any better, and corporations are taking advantage of it.

I really appreciate how you're giving kids such credit here...most kids DO know better than to abuse animals, okay? Most kids will not be influenced by this candy to become animal abusers, and any kids that do, well, again, I'm wondering why their parents didn't do a better job raising them.

tell that to any redneck, they'll be happy to maim and ridicule your value for their existence.

Huh?

the company's job is to make a buck, sure, but they don't have to go so low in order to do so.

Well, some do. And besides that, you don't even know the true reason why they're making this kind of candy in the first place. Why not try and find that out first before making such accusations?

they are responsible for what they sell, and who they target.

The consumers still hold just as much responsibility, if not more so, because again, they are not being forced to buy this stuff. They have the choice of whether or not to buy this kind of thing, and if they do buy it, they must be prepared to deal with whatever consequences may result from their purchase. The blame does not rest solely on the company.

you honestly don't see this? for christ sakes, any agenda out there is going to use humor to further their agenda. they're a bunch of moral lacking neocons who believe it's perfectly acceptable to intentionally run over animals, they also believe it's perfectly acceptable to promote sadism on animals.

Again, assumptions being made everywhere...you do not know for sure that that is what their agenda is, or even that they have an agenda to begin with.

because maybe you're an adult? i'm assuming you are, at least.

I am, yes, but my sister isn't...she's 16, as I said. And yet she still has no desire to start abusing animals upon hearing about this information. And bonosgirl84, how old is your daughter?

Besides that, once again, so I'm an adult...so what? That wouldn't automatically make me immune to being "influenced" to do something because some company said it was okay...there have been many adults that have done stupid things because others around them said it was okay to do so. But no, apparently only kids are stupid enough to make that mistake? I don't think so.

Angela

earthshell said:
you have no fucking clue what the animals go through on this planet. you don't think anyone should take responsibility for prmoting road kill? for promoting animal cruelty? do you have any fucking idea what they go through? look at the circus. we force animals into slavery for our benefit - sound familiar? guess who goes to the circus? kids! kids go to the circus, and we teach them that it's perfectly savvy to take it from it's environment and dont give a damn about the animal's well-being. they force animals to perform there even when it's ill. does that sound responsible to you?

especially to young kids - who religious idiots blame screw ups on not following their way of life. damn. go ahead and fuck up your kids, and see what happens. it all starts with promoting this shit. it starts with using "humor" to make animal abuse respectable. maybe you need to 'get a life' and 'lick a bag' of your own fecal matter.

don't you FUCKING tell me about anything. i've lived on a farm my entire life and i know FUCKING WELL how animals are treated.

you and your pussy-footing friends that drive in the cities with gas guzzling SUVS are always the first to show the rest of us uneducated slobs the proper way of doing things.

screw that shit.

i for one couldn't give a rats ass about this candy. but it's the principle of the matter. something clearly you have absolutely no capacity to understand as you've more than properly demonstrated in this awful thread.

i swear nutshell, you're gonna make things a whole lot worse for you if you don't smarten up and treat bonosgirl and others better.

in fact, i'm gonna go throw a processed hamburger into the microwave in honour of you and your kind. it'll taste awful, but the spices of SPITE more than make up for it.

Zoomerang96 said:

don't you FUCKING tell me about anything. i've lived on a farm my entire life and i know FUCKING WELL how animals are treated.

you and your pussy-footing friends that drive in the cities with gas guzzling SUVS are always the first to show the rest of us uneducated slobs the proper way of doing things.

screw that shit.

i for one couldn't give a rats ass about this candy. but it's the principle of the matter. something clearly you have absolutely no capacity to understand as you've more than properly demonstrated in this awful thread.

I worked on farms and have a agricultural education,..and chickenfarms, porkfarms and farms with young cows for the slaughter ( viel ?) is not the way of a good treathment in my uneducated opinion.

A few observations I'd like to offer:

(1) I suppose that all of the individuals in this thread and abroad opposed to these fake roadkill treats due to the ensuing "cruelty to animals" issue are both strict vegans and do not drive cars nor own or wear any leather accesories or clothes;

(B) the occurrence of "roadkill" in and of itself is seldom an intentional human act and therefore is not "cruelty to animals," as I frequently observe squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, lizards, pigeons, etc. crossing or playing in the road and seek not to hit them, but sometimes, without risking injury to myself and passing runners/cyclists/kids or the passengers of other vehicles, I am not successful in dodging them. I will say that I would rather run over a possum than for it to enter my home through my dog's doggie-door and terrorize my dog and spread infectious diseases. The other animals, with the exception of venomous snakes, do not bother me much and are not of the demeanor to go into people's houses. and,

(thirdly) wouldn't it be more "humane" to eat fake candy animals than to eat the real thing? Sure, it is making a mockery of the occurrence of roadkill but the earlier example of animal crackers is valid considering people's tendancies to consume those tasty little vanilla mammals in a "limb from limb" fashion. The manufacturer has NO subliminal message brainwashing kids to go out and try to run over snakes and armadillos with their tricycles; why would they?

And I found deathbear's posts in this thread to be intriguing.

~U2Alabama

this may be the first time I am agreeing with deathbear...that I know of...

Earthshell, you have jumped into many threads in FYM and WAR, and have acted like a troll...namecalling...ect....

I hope the door hits you on the way out.....

thanks guyses. i wish i had abstained from swearing a blue streak, but i was extremely pissed off at the time.

:up:

Candy manufacturers create and test products that will appeal to children. Pretending to eat something "gross" is on top of kids' lists of things they like....ergo, gross and yes, even disgusting items therefore make it into your local retail outlet to be purchased and consumed.

Fine - you stopped Kraft Foods from making faux dead gummi animals because you found it offensive. I assume your next move is to protest the manufacturing of the original gummi bear - it promotes the idea that it's OK to bite a bear's head off.
Don't forget the aforementioned animal crackers and their insidious cousins, the frosted animal cracker (horrors!!). While you're at it, Teddy Grahams are another blatant attack on the bear population of the world - annilihate them. Pepperidge Farms Goldfish crackers, also previously mentioned - obviously desinged as a blueprint on how to start baking & biting the heads off of poor defenseless koi. Shut 'em down immediately!
How 'bout Baby Ruth candybars? We can't have kids thinking it's OK to go around biting little girls named "Ruth", can we? Certainly not! :eyebrow:
I respect anyone who finds these candies offensive; I respect that you feel this is a sad reflection on society as a whole. But turnabout's fair play... You should also respect others' view that this is JUST a simple candy, created to appeal to kid's gross-out sensibilities.... nothing more.
Let's not shout & scream back and forth at each other over such a inconsequential non-issue when we're all mature enough to realize that everyone's entitled to their own opinion. :yes: :up:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Or maybe you're fully committed to the cause, but know the difference between actual animal abuse and harmless candy that won't get hurt in any way, shape, or form (seriously, so would you be against having animal crackers sold now? God knows what those could promote. And those goldfish crackers that bonosgirl84 was talking about (good point, and you're welcome :)...do you think those shouldn't be sold anymore either? How far are we going to go here?).

As I said way, way back in this thread, it is just candy.

Angela

Indeed... it does make you wonder where it will stop.

I am the Manager of a chocolate shop. Over Easter, we get some very cute little rabbits and ducks to sell. Some of them fall off the shelves and break. I then have to smash them up completely and sell them off as misshaped chocs. I suppose I'd better tell the company that I can't do this amymore, and they'd best stop all the other Store Managers from doing so as well... we wouldn't want to promote cruelty to ducks and rabbits now, would we?:shrug:

It wouldn't surprise me, quite frankly, if some people were offended by that. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom