Observations of Election 2000. Little known facts under-reported by the unbiased left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DebbieSG said:

sure, that's not encouraging about the home state, though they didn't identify with him because he was really based in Washington DC. and Tenn is way in the bible belt.

They didn't identify with him.......Between his father representing the state for many years and Al Gore, being their Senetor for a number of years, how can you say this??????

Deep,

Bush wins Texas (His Home State)
Al Gore loses Tenessee (His Home State)

Tennessee would have won the election for Al Gore.

Debbie,

If Gore had not challenged the results, looking for partially punched ballots to count, then there would not have been a judge invlolved. I do not blame him for it. Everything was on the line. Many $$$$$$. The judges ruled. Case closed. No different than if it wen the other way. Is it the ideal way, no, but the judge did not decide the election, the people who voted correctly and incorrectly decided the election.

Peace

Who cares about the judge? Gore lost the election because he messed up. He was ahead by alot and he lost his lead. that's not Bush's fault. if Gore hadn't dropped the ball, he could have won his own state and Florida.

sharky said:
Who cares about the judge? Gore lost the election because he messed up. He was ahead by alot and he lost his lead. that's not Bush's fault. if Gore hadn't dropped the ball, he could have won his own state :up:and Florida.
:ohmy:

Dreadsox said:
If my memory serves me correct, that is all Mr. Gore had to win to wrap it all up.
Puh-leeze. If you think Gore had a chance of winning this godforsaken state, you're dreaming. :)

I'm actually surprised people in TN could vote at all. :laugh:

U2Bama said:
I knew it! Most of Gore's supporters are elitist snobs!
Then that must make all of Bush's supporters stupid rednecks! Since we're going with typical stereotypes and all.

Let's wrap this up:
statesfinal.gif

Let's take a gander at these blue states, shall we?

California? Would love to live there.
Pennsylvania? Lived there once, would love to move back.
Delaware? Been there, would live there near the Maryland border. No sales tax! :cool:
Maryland? I'd die to live there.
New Jersey? I'd die if I lived there.
Connecticut? My husband would die if we lived there.
New York? We'd both die if we lived there.
Rhode Island? *blink* uhh...where were we? :wink:

And some of the red:
Florida: I'd love to move there.

And so we have...
# of cool blue states: 8
# of cool red states: 1

# of lame blue states: 12
# of lame red states: 27

ratios:
2:3 blue (cool:lame)
1:27 red (cool:lame)

I rest my case. :D

DebbieSG said:

so smart people are snobs?

that's as bad as african americans saying being smart is "white"

sooner than later we'll have nothing but Jerry Springer to watch because no one understands the evening news.

KhanadaRhodes[/i] [B] Then that must make all of Bush's supporters stupid rednecks! Since we're going with typical stereotypes and all.[/B][/QUOTE] If the two of you had seen my ealrier posts in this thread: [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by U2Bama said:
Diamond:

The reason for those demographic statistics is simple:

The areas that Bush won heavily are the geographically vast, rural regions of the Southern and Rocky Mountain/Big Sky states where all of us dumb rednecks and cowboys live.

~U2Alabama

and,

U2Bama said:

I like your map of the states/electoral results; it sums up what I said about us rednecks and cowboys, and throws in a few Midwestern twangers as well.

~U2Alabama

then you would hopefully detect the sarcasm of my participation in this post (with the exception of my posts about beer, ballots and Earl Hilliard). I was simply scoffing at the insinuation that states with higher test scores cast better votes in elections. Please note that I initially pointed the (sarcastically) stereotypical finger at myself, being a conservative voter from Alabama, the "dumb redneck" demographic. My county voted 88% for Bush, if I recall.

~U2Alabama

Re: just don't count the actual votes

deep said:
33658%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D954%3D%3B%3A%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23233678%3B32%3C5ot1lsi

a map by county, yipee!!!!
man thats even richer..:up:
gotta love the founding fathers and their timeless understanding of
representation.. :)

DB9
:dance:

U2Bama said:

I was simply scoffing at the insinuation that states with higher test scores cast better votes in elections. ~U2Alabama

then why do we have an electoral college?

you may have been sarcastic, but maybe i'm not the only one who didn't know you were poking fun

They didn't identify with him.......Between his father representing the state for many years and Al Gore, being their Senetor for a number of years, how can you say this??????

family loyalties, right?

That map makes sense. In *general,* rural areas went resoundingly for Bush, while urban areas voted for Gore.

If anything, that map shows how terribly polarized we have become as a nation, and I think it should startle us as to why so many people have fled into urban areas, versus remaining in the rural areas.

Remember: Gore still won the primary vote, and, if he had pursued a statewide recount of Florida, he would have won that too. That county map is just simply disturbing if you look at it from this perspective.

Melon

melon said:
. That county map is just simply disturbing if you look at it from this perspective.

Melon
that is your opinon.
it brings clarity to many others..
the thing i remember is Gore only wanting selected counties recounted in Florida, a total of 4, not the entire state..:|
..furthur demonistrating his character.

db9

Last edited:
I still find it amusing how populated areas generally voted resoundingly against Bush.

Melon

nbcrusader said:
I think the red represents the counties where Gov. Davis created the biggest deficits.....

Or where Enron gouged energy prices the most... :sexywink:

Melon

BostonAnne said:

Please elaborate, I don't get it?:huh:

Anne....I could kiss you tonight! You know why!!!! Thanks.

As to your elaborate....

If I remember correctly, and I have lost brain cells since my son was born......

Gore's lawyers requested only certain counties recount. He may very well have been President had he requested the entire state be recounted. I think the selective recount was what the court did not like.

If I remember correct.

Dreadsox said:

Anne....I could kiss you tonight! You know why!!!! Thanks.

son was born......

I think the selective recount was what the court did not like.

If I remember correct.

This is an example of liberalism in the purest form..ie rewrite "the rules" to benifit "me" ..
The state was recounted TWICE by machine.Each time Bush won.
And then Gore wanted only 4 counties recounted by hand....not the entire state.

again-"the rules to benefit me-syndrome"

Silly crybaby.

DB9:adam:

Last edited:
diamond said:
This is an example of liberalism in the purest form..ie rewrite "the rules" to benifit "me"

( [/I]"the rules to benefit me-syndrome"[/I] ):)

Reminds me of when Reagan rewrote the definition of inflation, and then claimed he solved it...

Melon

diamond said:
every morning the sun came up during the Clinton years..Bill took credit for that..:rolleyes:

dB9

Diamond - I think this statement you made earlier in this thread is really starting to apply to you:

"some of u bore me to tears- w your predictable postures and attitudes.. "

According to you President Bush does EVERYTHING right and Clinton & Gore did/would do EVERYTHING wrong. If things go well in office for President Bush - he's making it happen. If things went well when President Clinton was in office - he didn't have anything to do with it. I think you need to apply a guideline for all and stick to it, cause you're looking like a blind follower to me. I think you should consider more thoughtful arguments that the Bush cheerleading/Clinton-Gore bashing routine.

BostonAnne said:

Diamond - I think this statement you made earlier in this thread is really starting to apply to you:

"According to you President Bush does EVERYTHING right and Clinton & Gore did/would do EVERYTHING wrong. "

deb-
not true.
i have did a few friendly Clinton post/threads and challenged the resident liberals to follow my example and say something nice about GW and they couldnt..:|

clinton did do a few righteous things

."some of u bore me to tears- w your predictable postures and attitudes.. " i stand by this statement:angry:

and alot of time i like to
mimic liberal posters..;)

DB9

Back
Top Bottom