Observations of Election 2000. Little known facts under-reported by the unbiased left - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2003, 11:54 AM   #31
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:58 AM
Re: Re: Observations of Election 2000. Little known facts under-reported by the unbiased left

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Yeah...Bush won a lot of smaller states, with their 2 electoral votes each.

Well duh...if he won more area wise, he's going to win this statistic.

This is not indicative of those who voted, and if you are assuming that everyone in these counties voted 100% for Bush, you're sad.

Redundant.

When you have a population of 10 and declining in a lot of these counties in the Great Plains, chances are that the murder rate will go down.

Well, let's see. Populated and wealthy states voting for Gore. The Bible Belt voting for Bush. You've made it a tough decision.

Al Gore. I've always wanted to sing "Mr. Roboto" with him.

Melon

[Al Gore impersonation] Melon, you ruh-HOCK. [/Al Gore Impersonation]

Old 01-12-2003, 07:05 PM   #32
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler

ohhhhhhhhh, I think sharky's gonna kick your ass, d.
Ha, ha. No, I'm met D before and aside from our agreeing to disagree he's not that bad. Plus, it would be totally humliating for him to get his ass kicked by a girl whose dad is pulling in a pension from Ford. Hey D, what kind of Ford family discount can you get me on a Jeep?

Hey wait....lots of Jeep owners like to go off-roading in open areas in big open states in the midwest? I smell something fishy.....

Old 01-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

The people in those areas voted Gore because he would do something against these crime rates and Bush would not.
Although, Gore had been Vice President to President Clinton during the rpevious 8 years, but they still voted for him.

This reminds me of an article I read during the Fall 2002 Congressional election season. The article dealt with the Democratic Primary race for Alabama's poorest Congressional District, that being District 7, then served by Earl Hilliard (Democrat-Birmingham). A jobless voter said that he was going to vote for incumbent Congressman Hilliard over challenger Artur Davis because he had been out of work for 9 years and he felt like Congressman Hilliard would do something about it. Congressman Hilliard had been in office for 10 years. This voter was obviously very patient with Mr. Hilliard.

~U2Alabama
Old 01-12-2003, 10:07 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

ya know if i so chose to i could squish you all that repied in this thread like little bugs.
however i choose not to, as iam a man of peace..
some of u bore me to tears- w your predictable postures and attitudes..
some of u i have grown to love and accept.
others need a little slap
still others need a sock in their mouths.

thank u-
db3.25
Old 01-12-2003, 10:20 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
however i choose not to, as iam a man of peace..
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."

Melon
Old 01-12-2003, 10:34 PM   #36
Refugee

Local Time: 10:58 AM
(statistics need verification)

Percent of Christian radio stations plugging Bush: 100

Years since Bush's brother won for governor in Florida (and aren't the Bush's a Texas family?): 4

Time elapsing between introduction of the "butterfly ballot" and the election: one half day

and in an unrelated area:
Percent of Californians swindled (through huge energy bills caused by "deathstar" tactics) by Enron, a Bush supported company: 100
Old 01-12-2003, 10:44 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

numbers do not lie..
rules are made to b loved, obeyed and embraced.
the weak will continue their lamentations..
the weakwilled and feeble minded will always b among us..
we will never surrender
never surrender
never.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:52 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:58 AM
numbers do not lie..

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Check this out my open-minded, truth seeking friends.-

Some Interesting Stats-

States won by Gore=19
States won by Bush=29

thank u
Diamond

I have looked at this thread a few times. It is very amuzing.

Someone recently accused me of being a lurker because I look and don't always post. I told him what is the point of posting if someone else has already posted your thought or just giving a thumbs up.

Well, who ever came up with these stats must have a Strom Thurman (1948) and Trent Lott (We would have been better off in 48 blah, blah) mind set.

In 2000 there were 50 states.

19 + 29 = 48. or is this more of W's fuzzy math?

the weakwilled and feeble minded will always b among us..
Old 01-12-2003, 11:54 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

i noticed the fuzzy math too.
i thought it would exhibit compssioante conservatism if al gore whined we would just [I]give[I] the 2 extra states to heal his inner child, so that no one would perhaps become snippy
howver at the end of the day al bowed out like a man sorta..

DB9
Old 01-13-2003, 04:31 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by DebbieSG
(statistics need verification)

Time elapsing between introduction of the "butterfly ballot" and the election: one half day

This I am pretty sure is incorrect. I think that the butterfly ballot was approved by the various Florida county election authorities (both Democratic AND Republican) many months in advance of the 2000 elections.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:18 AM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

This I am pretty sure is incorrect. I think that the butterfly ballot was approved by the various Florida county election authorities (both Democratic AND Republican) many months in advance of the 2000 elections.
I believe you are correct too SPEEDY. That is why there really was nothing anyone should have been complaining about. The parties agreed to the ballot.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:20 AM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

I think I can handle this math....hehehe...not very fuzzy.

Home State win by candidate:

Bush = 1
Gore = 0

If my memory serves me correct, that is all Mr. Gore had to win to wrap it all up.

Peace
Old 01-13-2003, 12:45 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I think I can handle this math....hehehe...not very fuzzy.

Home State win by candidate:

Bush = 1
Gore = 0

If my memory serves me correct, that is all Mr. Gore had to win to wrap it all up.

Peace
Old 01-13-2003, 02:15 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:58 AM
2000 Election related article

"I learned some good lessons from Vietnam" March, 2002
``I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.'' January, 2002

Military Career of our Commander in Chief

Bush's DWI revelation at the end of the 2000 Presidential campaign may have been leaked to cover a much bigger scandal

On November 2, 2000, four days before the most disputed election in American history, military veterans in the US Senate lashed out at candidate George W Bush for his failure to explain a six-month lapse in his National Guard service. "At the least, I would have been court-martialed. At the least, I would have been placed in prison," Senator Daniel Inouye said.

Bush would offer no explanation for his absence and, as he had throughout the campaign, refused to discuss his military service during the Vietnam War. Why would a man who was running for the office of Commander and Chief of the US Armed Forces refuse to discuss his service in the military? Why didn't the public and press take notice? Their attention that day was focused on something else.

That same day, while senators were asking for an explanation of Bush's National Guard absence, the media and the public were watching another breaking Bush scandal: the revelation of a 1976 drunk driving conviction that Bush had failed to mention during the campaign. As Bush spent the final days before the election explaining to America that he hid the arrest to protect his daughters, the National Guard absence was swept under the rug, not made into a campaign issue by Democrats.

Both Candidates avoided making Vietnam an issue during the Presidential race of 2000. Bush and Al Gore, who served in Vietnam as an Army journalist, had a sort of unwritten understanding that their military service during the Vietnam war would not be a subject of campaign debate. Both had been accused of using their fathers' influence to avoid combat in the war. Gore's father was a senator, Bush's father was a Congressman.

The Washington Post reports that Bush joined the National Guard 12 days before his student deferment would have expired, and that in spite of his low score on the pilot's aptitude test (25, the lowest score allowed), and in spite of the waiting list that some kids spent years on, Bush was sworn in as an airman the day he applied. Indeed, so giddy was Bush's commander, Col. Walter B. "Buck" Staudt, that he later staged a special ceremony so he could have his picture taken giving Bush the oath, instead of the captain who actually had sworn Bush in. Bush spent two years learning to fly airplanes in his home state of Texas.

As the 2000 Presidential campaign moved along, angry veterans in Alabama claimed that George W Bush never performed any military service in that state, as stated on his campaign website. They offered a reward of $1000 (which rose to $3,500) to anyone who could prove that he had. No one came forth with any proof.
Eight days before the election, the Boston Globe reported discrepancies between the Bush campaign's statements regarding his military service and what records and documents showed. In 1972, the Globe reported, Bush moved from Houston to Mobile, Alabama to work on a Senate campaign. It was at this time, the Globe found, that he was suspended from flight duty for not taking his annual flight physical. Furthermore, the Globe could find no evidence that he ever performed any drills while in Alabama, or any more drills after returning to Houston.
Bush refused to answer any questions concerning the charges. His official White House biography states, "He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard before beginning his career in the oil and gas business in Midland in 1975..." but gives no further details about his military service.

Perhaps when President Bush was comparing war to raising twins, he was referring to our current War on Terror. One could imagine it would be easier than raising twins, if all you are doing is sending other people's children off to kill other people's children.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:12 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

easy one Mr Deep.
As Clinton was a draft-dodger and Al Gore had only a "cush" military job..the left saw it as a no win situation, my little "republican" Gore supporter..
Also-
Perhaps a "deal" was brokered btween the 2 campagns not to go to the subject of "military service" re the candidates.
I hear "deals" like these (dont mention a subject) are often agreed upon these days..by the 2 camps.

DB9