Obama's fund-raising - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Obama's fund-raising

WASHINGTON(AP) Sen. Barack Obama raised $32.5 million from April through June, his presidential campaign said Sunday, in what is a record for a Democratic running for the White House.

That is more than what Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Obama's main Democratic rival, has said she would raise for the reporting period that ended Saturday.

At least $31 million of Obama's total is for party primaries, according to campaign aides.

The first-term senator from Illinois received donations from more than 154,000 individual contributors and through the first half of the year had 258,000 donors. Obama raised $25.7 million in the first three months of the year.

For Obama, keeping pace with Clinton in the money race is an important achievement. Despite broad public interest in his candidacy, he trails the New York senator and former first lady in national polls and in surveys in states with early nomination contests.
__________________

__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 05:13 AM
I saw that!

That's a ton of money!!!!!!!
__________________

__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 05:13 AM
It sure is. The things I could do with that money.......go back to Turkey, buy the place, and move there.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,861
Local Time: 05:13 AM
That's a lot of deniro alright.
__________________
shart1780 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Hillary's way ahead in the polls. She's doing really well. She's married to a damn good advisor, I gotta say that. I'm still supporting Edwards. I wonder how he's doing in the fund raising department?
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
War Child
 
AnnRKeyintheUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not coming down
Posts: 603
Local Time: 11:13 PM
All politicians will go with who gives them the cash. As long as this is the case, we will have a system of corrupt, lying, untrustworthy politicians I won't vote for.
__________________
AnnRKeyintheUSA is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA
All politicians will go with who gives them the cash. As long as this is the case, we will have a system of corrupt, lying, untrustworthy politicians I won't vote for.
that is true, for example look at what happened to clinton. but i'm just curious, do you think that not voting will just perpetuate the corruption?
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #8
War Child
 
AnnRKeyintheUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not coming down
Posts: 603
Local Time: 11:13 PM
I know that voting will perpetuate it. So not voting, if enough people don't vote, has to send a message to them that we will no longer accept the status quo. If it continues, there is no hope for this country, none. I personally will not be a part of the game, and as long as people continue to believe, or to 'vote for the lesser of evils' you will be stuck with a lot of greedy, lying politicians who don't care about you, but pretend to so they can get your vote. You should all feel insulted the way they present themselves to you as products, and you fall for their lines, carefully written by spin doctors, coaches, and others behind the scenes. All of those plastic heads out there on the campaign trail are actors, and snake oil salesmen, and their word is worthless. When will enough of the public stop being taken for fools? There is no 'good guy' or 'lesser of evils.' That's the attitude that perpetuates the system, and they'll take it any way they can get it. But what's in it for you? If our current president, and our current cave in congress didn't prove that, what will it take?
__________________
AnnRKeyintheUSA is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA
if enough people don't vote, has to send a message to them that we will no longer accept the status quo.
that sends the exact opposite message...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA
I know that voting will perpetuate it. So not voting, if enough people don't vote, has to send a message to them that we will no longer accept the status quo. If it continues, there is no hope for this country, none. I personally will not be a part of the game, and as long as people continue to believe, or to 'vote for the lesser of evils' you will be stuck with a lot of greedy, lying politicians who don't care about you, but pretend to so they can get your vote. You should all feel insulted the way they present themselves to you as products, and you fall for their lines, carefully written by spin doctors, coaches, and others behind the scenes. All of those plastic heads out there on the campaign trail are actors, and snake oil salesmen, and their word is worthless. When will enough of the public stop being taken for fools? There is no 'good guy' or 'lesser of evils.' That's the attitude that perpetuates the system, and they'll take it any way they can get it. But what's in it for you? If our current president, and our current cave in congress didn't prove that, what will it take?
but on one hand, i could see a significan t decrease in voters resulting in politicians raising/spending even more money into their campaigns in their goal to win the populace.

i see what you mean, but i'm not sure if not voting will bring forth that sort of change as opposed to, for example starting a movement with a more active approach.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Hillary's way ahead in the polls. She's doing really well. She's married to a damn good advisor, I gotta say that. I'm still supporting Edwards. I wonder how he's doing in the fund raising department?
His lack of fund raising success is killing his campaign right now.
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA
I know that voting will perpetuate it. So not voting, if enough people don't vote, has to send a message to them that we will no longer accept the status quo.
No, it sends a message that we are apathetic.

Perhaps try voting for a third party candidate?

as for the original topic, good for obama... it's sad but it seems that $$ = election. I'm not totally sure about that though. I'd be interested to see statistics comparing elected candidates and their campaign money raised versus non-elected candidates (or nominated candidates for their parties). How much does money affect your chances of winning? I'm gonna bet a lot.

Obama is coming here for some fundraising thing, and the minimum donation required to attend the event is $1000...
__________________
AtomicBono is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
His lack of fund raising success is killing his campaign right now.
There's also the thing where he's a windbag.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 10:13 PM
maybe if someone came out and actually had a plan to take action and told of what the plan would be (healthcare, Iraq,...) we'd get somewhere

Did I make a wrong turn on the interference highway this morning?
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:13 AM
I have a plan for Iraq. Vote for me.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com