Obama wins the democratic nomination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Irvine and diamond just agreed on something?

I think the universe just imploded a little bit.

i think that diamond and i both agree that diamond is one sexy mofo ... :shifty:

Only the very elect menatlly astute will be able connect the dots.

It's easy in a neandrathal way to claim racism when it's not.

African Americans as a voting bloc, vote Democrat . Now that Obama has emerged on the Democrat side- overall his character seems more pristine than his opponent's-this is universally agreed on.. When his opponents attempt to steal his nomination, who Obama supporters have always supported, that opponents true character will be exposed and will prompt them to look at the very people who were supposedly championing their cause. That voting bloc will then migrate elsewhere, not wanting to be used anymore.

Also I, as well as a lot of Americans see Hillary Clinton as a psycologically abused woman by her husband with all of the philandering Bill has done. Most Americans see her as bent on getting power, while sacrificing her own dignity. This is why she cannot win in the General Election.

dba
dbs
bka
db9
aka
<>

diamond said:

Also I, as well as a lot of Americans see Hillary Clinton as a psycologically abused woman by her husband with all of the philandering Bill has done. <>

You can't be serious. Ann Coulter, is that you and your drunken rambling, again ?:cute:

No.
Let me tell you slowly.

I-f
H-i-l-l-i-a-r-y
g-e-t-s
t-h-e
n-o-m-i-n-a-t-i-o-n
s-h-e
w-i-l-l
l-o-s-e.

America has more diginity than that.

Got it?

dbs

diamond said:
No.
Let me tell you slowly.

I-f
H-i-l-l-i-a-r-y
g-e-t-s
t-h-e
n-o-m-i-n-a-t-i-o-n
s-h-e
w-i-l-l
l-o-s-e.

America has more diginity than that.

Got it?

dbs

Did I even quote or question that part of your post? I wouldn't be so confident that she would lose, nor am I confident that she, Obama, or McCain have earned a free pass to the election yet. I was calling out your bullshit and ludicrous claim that she's some psychologically damaged little flower that's just a thinly veiled guise for yours' and others' dislike of her. Also, please don't address me like I'm an unintelligent and naive child.

Last edited:
diamond said:
Only the very elect menatlly astute will be able connect the dots.

It's easy in a neandrathal way to claim racism when it's not.

African Americans as a voting bloc, vote Democrat . Now that Obama has emerged on the Democrat side- overall his character seems more pristine than his opponent's-this is universally agreed on.. When his opponents attempt to steal his nomination, who Obama supporters have always supported, that opponents true character will be exposed and will prompt them to look at the very people who were supposedly championing their cause. That voting bloc will then migrate elsewhere, not wanting to be used anymore.

Also I, as well as a lot of Americans see Hillary Clinton as a psycologically abused woman by her husband with all of the philandering Bill has done. Most Americans see her as bent on getting power, while sacrificing her own dignity. This is why she cannot win in the General Election.

dba
dbs
bka
db9
aka
<>

Strictly in the terms of your theory, why wouldn't all Democrats leave? Why just African Americans?

One would expect any honest person to leave their Party if their Party cheated in a polictical contest.

You'd have to be honest to the core first.

dbs

The party isn't cheating though. Your hypothetical isn't the party cheating.

You don't want to address the David Bowie line? :sad: :wink:

It's a good quote. Solid quote. He got that book, guys. No stopping the GOP now. THEY HAVE GREENSPAN'S BOOK!!!

phillyfan26 said:
You don't want to address the David Bowie line? :sad: :wink:

It's a good quote. Solid quote. He got that book, guys. No stopping the GOP now. THEY HAVE GREENSPAN'S BOOK!!!

If he picks Bill O'Reilly as his running mate, it would be the stuff dreams are made of, man.

O'Reilly/Coulter would be the ultimate ticket. Throw in Hannity and Ingraham as the campaign managers too, and you have the true dream team.

phillyfan26 said:
What in God's name are you talking about?

Isn't it simple enough for you.
Ohio gave George W. Bush the election in 2004
Texas gave George W. Bush the Govenorship which led to the Presidency.
The rest is just a stab at both those states.
Just when most people were hoping this was finally "IT" for Hillary Clinton - once and for all...these anti-momentum boobs from Ohio and Texas vote for her. Fools. They'll get what they deserve in November. This could of been a great year with amazing things happening but no, now it's the fuckin Clinton's again. Geez, what's wrong with you people. Wake up.

phillyfan26 said:
O'Reilly/Coulter would be the ultimate ticket. Throw in Hannity and Ingraham as the campaign managers too, and you have the true dream team.

We'd be partying like it's 1799.:dance: Complete with slave labor by everyone who's not a fundie.:happy:

It would really kick ass if they made Rush the head of the FDA. :drool:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

I was thinking more like the 1980 Democratic Convention. I hope not though.

Yeah, I see more similarities with 1980 here.

Kennedy wasn't even close to Carter, and still stayed in it all the way to the convention.

Obama and Clinton are within 100 delegates still.

I'm really torn on this. Clinton was always my first choice, with Obama being a comfortable fallback position. Over the last month, I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Obama was going to win it. Now yesterday happens.

I think it is too little, too late for Clinton. Yes, she's still very close to Obama in the delegate count, but the truth is, I don't see her overtaking him - not with the way the delegates are always split in the Democratic primaries. It's just not going to happen, even if Florida and Michigan are thrown into the mix (and I believe those two states should be allowed to vote again and include the new results). Sure, Clinton would most likely win in Florida and possibly Michigan, but realistically, how much ground will she cover with the delegates? I just don't see it happening.

But, I can't blame her for continuing right now. You don't win three out of four states in one day and give up. However, if the primary season ends and she still has less delegates than Obama, the right thing to do would be to concede.

Personally, I'd be happy with either one being President. People who hate Clinton for things that she has said or who she is really need to think of the bigger picture here. Her views are nearly identical to Obama's! Let's not go crazy over stupid things, as it seems Obama has done some questionable things himself. I'm not going to give it much thought, and people should do the same regarding Clinton. We need either one of them, and desperately.

I will say, though, that I think this setback might be good for Obama in the long run. He's getting a bit bloodied by Clinton now, and he needs to strike a blow at her if he wants to win outright, because this is nothing compared to what the Republicans will do to him. I'm scared that he isn't challenging her enough, and he'll need to do a hell of a lot more against McCain.

Harry Vest said:
Isn't it simple enough for you.
Ohio gave George W. Bush the election in 2004
Texas gave George W. Bush the Govenorship which led to the Presidency.
The rest is just a stab at both those states.
Just when most people were hoping this was finally "IT" for Hillary Clinton - once and for all...these anti-momentum boobs from Ohio and Texas vote for her. Fools. They'll get what they deserve in November. This could of been a great year with amazing things happening but no, now it's the fuckin Clinton's again. Geez, what's wrong with you people. Wake up.

So, because of half of Texas and half of Ohio, all of America is getting what they deserve?

Hence, why I asked what the hell you were talking about.

phanan said:
Yeah, I see more similarities with 1980 here.

Kennedy wasn't even close to Carter, and still stayed in it all the way to the convention.

Obama and Clinton are within 100 delegates still.

I'm really torn on this. Clinton was always my first choice, with Obama being a comfortable fallback position. Over the last month, I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Obama was going to win it. Now yesterday happens.

I think it is too little, too late for Clinton. Yes, she's still very close to Obama in the delegate count, but the truth is, I don't see her overtaking him - not with the way the delegates are always split in the Democratic primaries. It's just not going to happen, even if Florida and Michigan are thrown into the mix (and I believe those two states should be allowed to vote again and include the new results). Sure, Clinton would most likely win in Florida and possibly Michigan, but realistically, how much ground will she cover with the delegates? I just don't see it happening.

But, I can't blame her for continuing right now. You don't win three out of four states in one day and give up. However, if the primary season ends and she still has less delegates than Obama, the right thing to do would be to concede.

Personally, I'd be happy with either one being President. People who hate Clinton for things that she has said or who she is really need to think of the bigger picture here. Her views are nearly identical to Obama's! Let's not go crazy over stupid things, as it seems Obama has done some questionable things himself. I'm not going to give it much thought, and people should do the same regarding Clinton. We need either one of them, and desperately.

I will say, though, that I think this setback might be good for Obama in the long run. He's getting a bit bloodied by Clinton now, and he needs to strike a blow at her if he wants to win outright, because this is nothing compared to what the Republicans will do to him. I'm scared that he isn't challenging her enough, and he'll need to do a hell of a lot more against McCain.

I pretty much agree, although I think Clinton has earned and deserves some scorn for her campaign.

The bottom line is that we need a democrat.

diamond said:
One would expect any honest person to leave their Party if their Party cheated in a polictical contest.

You'd have to be honest to the core first.

dbs

So did you leave the GOP after 2000?

deep said:
/\ it is nice to see some rational thinking posted in this forum

do you include yourself in that sweeping indictment?

your anti-Obama zeal hasn't struck me as particularly rational.

(which is out of character for you)

Back
Top Bottom