Obama = RFK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Friday, Feb 22, 2008

Police concerned about order to stop weapons screening at Obama rally

By JACK DOUGLAS Jr.
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS -- Security details at Barack Obama's rally Wednesday stopped screening people for weapons at the front gates more than an hour before the Democratic presidential candidate took the stage at Reunion Arena.
The order to put down the metal detectors and stop checking purses and laptop bags came as a surprise to several Dallas police officers who said they believed it was a lapse in security.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence, head of the Police Department's homeland security and special operations divisions, said the order -- apparently made by the U.S. Secret Service -- was meant to speed up the long lines outside and fill the arena's vacant seats before Obama came on.

"Sure," said Lawrence, when asked if he was concerned by the great number of people who had gotten into the building without being checked. But, he added, the turnout of more than 17,000 people seemed to be a "friendly crowd."

The Secret Service did not return a call from the Star-Telegram seeking comment.

Doors opened to the public at 10 a.m., and for the first hour security officers scanned each person who came in and checked their belongings in a process that kept movement of the long lines at a crawl. Then, about 11 a.m., an order came down to allow the people in without being checked.

Several Dallas police officers said it worried them that the arena was packed with people who got in without even a cursory inspection.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because, they said, the order was made by federal officials who were in charge of security at the event.

"How can you not be concerned in this day and age," said one policeman.

http://www.star-telegram.com/667/story/486413.html

I am not the one that started the RFK comparisons

But, for this to be splashed all over Drudge -

is very dangerous.

Considering the fact that I believe there was governement involvement in the murder of JFK, RFK, Malcolm X, and MLK - I have been VERY worried about this.

In the last week there has been evidence presented that there was more than one gunman invovled in RFK's assassination.

I cannot believe they are taking chances with his security.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/feb/22/kennedy.assassination

Last edited:
Thank you for getting this out there, deep! :(
I was thinking of starting the thread up IF I hadn't seen it.

I was WTF !!??!!!?? :mad: :scream: :mad: LAST Night when i first heard about it! I'm STILL furiousabout this!

(and I'm a bit more of a Hillary supporter, sort of. I see pos & negs with both.
She's listened to too much lousy campaign advice :madspit:-I REALLY was a strong Edwards supporter, and will support either STRONGLY whoever gets the final nod. :yes:
Unless I'm in some kind of awful dire shape in the fall....<prays to be healthy & strong & [unencumbered by any self or family emergencies in general & in Fall '08] to do campaign work>- as I've done in the past. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FOr THOSE here - who are metaphysically inclined (besides prayers of protection) ~~
put a White Light of Protection around him & Michelle, their family & staff folks. Hill probably needs it too.

The more of us who do that with-out obsessing/worrying all day long <over-worry can draw in what you don't want > about it - can really help.[ I AM :( an over-worrier myself, so I have tame my own inclinations].

They better get the security straight!!! :madwife:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd like to believe it was just a stupid decision by someone who needs to lose their job, not some vast conspiracy to get him killed before the election.

The problem is, everytime someone screws up in a government - they take steps to cover their ass adding to the perception that they were involved.

Ya, I was mortified when I heard this on Stephanie Miller this morning. OMG. And they said it was standard procedure????
I started praying for the protection of Senator Obama and his family the day he announced his candidacy in Springfield Ill. a year ago and I still do, every night.
This frightens me to no end

Jeannieco said:
Ya, I was mortified when I heard this on Stephanie Miller this morning. OMG. And they said it was standard procedure????
I started praying for the protection of Senator Obama and his family the day he announced his candidacy in Springfield Ill. a year ago and I still do, every night.
This frightens me to no end

ah you listen to Stephanie!
I've heard good things about her! :D

i didn't for either just b/c I was wrapped up in family & personal problems. But as some of that cleared away temporarily or for good.....that kicked in for me.

dazzledbylight said:

ah you listen to Stephanie!
I've heard good things about her! :D

You should tune in! She is hilarious! Makes my morning everyday! Her side kicks are priceless,,, Jim especially, the voice deity. His impressions are dead on!
Mama's for Obama too, she hasn't endorsed officially but she says that all the time!!

Jeannieco said:

You should tune in! She is hilarious! Makes my morning everyday! Her side kicks are priceless,,, Jim especially, the voice deity. His impressions are dead on!
Mama's for Obama too, she hasn't endorsed officially but she says that all the time!!

we aren't in the same radio market.......so I listen to progressive :hug: talk in my area :D, and some of themm have spoken well about her. :up:

dazzledbylight said:

we aren't in the same radio market.......so I listen to progressive :hug: talk in my area :D, and some of themm have spoken well about her. :up:

Sorry this is off topic..
You can hear her via the computer on my Seattle station.
She is on from 6am-9am US Pacific time Monday-Friday

www.am1090seattle.com/

It's worth it! You will laugh your head off!

Back
Top Bottom