Obama: Not Black?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was at UNH yesterday and they showed clips of his speech on TV. He certainly is impressive to listen to.

Living in NH will certainly give me exposure to all of these candidates fairly quickly. It's always fun when they come around.

If you support Barack Obama for president in 2008 I strongly urge you to go to barackobama.com and then click on mybarackobama.com to register for the community. Once registered you can set up your own profile, blogs, etc. You can also join several interest groups, one of which is for U2 fans for Obama.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/14/limbaugh-obama-white/

Yesterday on his radio show, right-wing host Rush Limbaugh derided Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) — who is biracial — for saying, “If you look African-American in this society, you’re treated as an African-American.”

Limbaugh claimed that this statement meant Obama didn’t want to be black and should “renounce it”: “If it’s not something you want to be, if you didn’t decide it, renounce it, become white!” He added, “If you don’t like it, you can switch. Well, that’s the way I see it. He’s got 50-50 in there. Say, ‘No, I’m white.’”

He's Irish too :hyper:

US Presidential hopeful Barack Obama can now count himself as one of the millions of Americans with Irish heritage.

Research by the genealogy website ancestry.co.uk reveals that Mr Obama's great great great grandfather was born in Ireland, although it is not yet known where.

Falmouth Kearney sailed from Ireland to New York in 1850 at the age of 19 on the S.S. Marmion arriving on the 20th of March.

He initially settled in Ohio, got married, had eight children, and later moved to Indiana, right next door to the state Obama currently represents in the US Senate.

Mr Keaney was part of the great American migration to escape the 1840s potato famine in Ireland.

Mr Obama's father was from Kenya, while his mother grew up in Kansas.

'A great deal has been made of Obama's Kenyan roots, however his European ancestry has until now been overlooked', said Ancestry.co.uk Managing Director Simon Harper.

If Mr Obama gets elected, he would be the first multiracial US president in history - and join a long list of those with Irish ancestry including Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, and of course, John F. Kennedy.

Ronald Reagan's great-grandfather, Michael O'Reagan, was born in Ireland in the 1820s. John F Kennedy's great-grandfather Patrick Kennedy came from Dunganstown, Co Wexford, while Bill Clinton's maternal ancestors are said to have come from Co Fermanagh.

Story from RTÉ News:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0315/obamab.html

Why go for a part Irish, when you could have a full Irish right here:wink:

It's probably been said, but my god when are people ever going to look at people for what they can do and not their racial background, sexual orientation, whether they can roll their tongue or not......

LJT said:
whether they can roll their tongue or not......

Hey!! This is an important one, damn it. I want a guy who's good with his tongue. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom