Obama General Discussion, vol. 3 - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #451
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:52 AM
Interesting opinion piece on Obama's perceived failures and uncredited successes:

The Untold Story Of The Actual Obama Record - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Quote:
If you'd told me in January 2009 that the banks would pay us back the entire bailout and then some, that the auto companies would actually turn around with government help and be a major engine of recovery, that there would be continuous job growth since 2009, however insufficient, after the worst demand collapse since the 1930s, that bin Laden would be dead, Egypt transitioning to democracy, al Qaeda all but decimated as a global threat, and civil rights for gays expanding more rapidly than at any time in history ... well I would be expecting a triumphant re-election campaign.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #452
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:52 PM
Let's stop arguing about politics and unite in the joy that is NEW ZEALAND WINNING THE RUGBY WORLD CUP!

Happiness and elation and wine for all!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #453
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:52 AM
It's probably Obama's fault somehow that the other team lost.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #454
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:52 PM
Oh god, I posted that in this thread? I was drunk!

And well, the other team was France, and we already know how Obama's in cahoots with those Frenchies ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #455
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:52 AM
Oh, Axver. You posted it in many threads.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #456
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:52 PM
I'm glad New Zealand won.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #457
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
If you'd told me in January 2009 that the banks would pay us back the entire bailout and then some, that the auto companies would actually turn around with government help and be a major engine of recovery,
The Untold Story Of The Actual Obama Record - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

When I read this far, I assumed the poor guy was engaging in bitterly sarcastic irony. From the rest of the quote, he appears to be serious.

I can only assume the drugs he is taking to keep his HIV in check are affecting the balance of his mind. That's the charitable explanation. The uncharitable explanation is that he's knowingly shilling for the Wall Street criminals.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #458
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post

I can only assume the drugs he is taking to keep his HIV in check are affecting the balance of his mind.

that's a rather nasty thing to say.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #459
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
that's a rather nasty thing to say.
Yes, it is. I don't like shills. What he said about the banks and car companies is nonsense.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #460
ONE
love, blood, life

Obama is basically just another brand of war-monger, isn't he. Might as well put blackface on Bush and there ya go.

Quote:
WASHINGTON: The American son of the al-Qaeda militant Anwar al-Awlaki was only 16 when he was killed by a US drone in Yemen weeks after a similar strike killed his father, the youth's family says, raising fresh questions about the Obama administration's use of targeted killings as a counterterrorism tool.

Abdel-Rahman Anwar al-Awlaki was among several people killed in a missile strike near the town of Azzan in southern Yemen last Friday. US officials said the target was the Egyptian-born Ibrahim al-Banna, a senior figure in al-Qaeda's Yemeni affiliate, who also was reported killed.

Quote:
US officials ''had no idea'' Abdel-Rahman was with Banna, but ''this was a military-aged male travelling with a high-value target'', a senior Obama administration official said.

Awlaki's son, 16, killed by drone

Embarking on an endeavour that involves even the remotest possibility of the massacre of innocents is obviously morally incorrect, and this, in simple terms, is why I am against all wars. This is why it increasingly seems to me that pacificism is ultimately the only morally correct position. There is no such thing as a good war, just shades of evil.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #461
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yes, it is. I don't like shills. What he said about the banks and car companies is nonsense.
Quote:
Obama is basically just another brand of war-monger, isn't he. Might as well put blackface on Bush and there ya go.

there's a point where cynicism becomes naivete.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
There is no such thing as a good war, just shades of evil.
How do say that in German?

And every July, 4th I celebrate not being a part of the British empire.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #463
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Obama is basically just another brand of war-monger, isn't he.
If by warmonger you mean carrying out his sworn constitutional duty to defend the security of United States and the lives of its people.

Quote:
Might as well put blackface on Bush and there ya go.
Really?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe he can run for President one day

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — It looks like Joe the Plumber is about to become Joe the Candidate.

The Ohio man who became a household name after questioning Barack Obama about his economic policies during the 2008 presidential campaign will announce Tuesday whether he plans to run for Congress in Ohio.

Samuel "Joe" Wurzelbacher already has filed the paperwork to run for Congress and has set up a campaign website to raise money.

Wurzelbacher's statement of candidacy filed with the Federal Election Commission earlier this month says he plans to run as a Republican in Ohio's 9th U.S. House district.

The seat is now held by Marcy Kaptur, the longest serving Democratic woman in the House. She's expected to face a primary challenge from Rep. Dennis Kucinich after Ohio's redrawn congressional map combined their two districts into one that appears to heavily tilted toward Democrats.

Cuyahoga County Republican Chairman Rob Frost who had announced he would seek the GOP nomination dropped out last week, clearing the way for Wurzelbacher who recently launched the website Samuel Wurzelbacher for Congress 2012.

Wurzelbacher, 37, is now an icon for many anti-establishment conservatives and has built a national following that should help him raise money if he runs.

He's also written a book, worked with a veterans' organization that provides outdoor programs for wounded soldiers and traveled the country speaking at tea party rallies and conservative gatherings.

He's shown a disdain for politicians — both Democrat and Republican.

"Being a politician is as good as being a weatherman," Wurzelbacher said at a tea party rally last year in Nevada. "You don't have to be right, you don't have to do your job well, but you'll still have a job."

Wurzelbacher went from toiling as a plumber in suburban Toledo three years ago to media sensation in a matter of days.

After questioning then-candidate Obama about his economic policies, Republican U.S. Sen. John McCain repeatedly cited "Joe the plumber" in a presidential debate. Wurzelbacher campaigned with McCain and his running mate, Sarah Palin, but he criticized McCain in his book and said he did not want him as the GOP presidential nominee.

Wurzelbacher also became a target for Democrats.

Ohio's former human services director and others were accused of misusing state computers to illegally access his personal information. A judge dismissed a lawsuit Wurzelbacher filed that said his rights were violated.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #465
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Ironically, if President McCain had presided over the rise of the DOW 63% since the depths of the global financial crisis in early 2009, the killing of Osama bin Laden, removal of Qaddafi from power, exit of U.S. combat troops from Iraq, and the flourishing of people-driven democratic revolution in the Middle East, INDY would see it as a successful term despite the global situation